What will you do first in 1.0?

Baconation

After the huge amount of work and large array of features SQUAD will have put into this update, you will disregard this due to "no planets". A teensy bit rude and disrespectful?

that "large array of features" is pretty much resources and a proper aerodynamic model

What are you going to do when 1.0 is officially released?

For me, I would try out the new re-entry effects and see if my ship explodes in mid-air, trying out the new parts and definitely trying out the overhauled aerodynamics (and hoping I can create a stable plane since I'm not very good at constructing planes).

So, what will you do?

Check if there are new planets. If so, I will explore. If not, I will exit the game because it won't be worth my time.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I will try out every new thing, and try to put a new spin on old things.

I celebrate those who think to hard.

I celebrate those who prefer to play and celebrate the game and its great community for what its worth and do not try to inject their "do not go 1.0" agenda in each and every posting for fame and reps.

On topic: i play the interstellar "way of game" in the tradition of scott manley, and pick a bunch of mods that seem interesting and/or necessary at the start. Add some basic rules for this career and the pledge to play with "minimal" use of timewarp by using alarmclock and some fun is unavoidable.

This means around 20 mods (basics like FAR, realchute, DR, TAC LS) plus new great mods or those that change my goalposts like Karbonite (See? Your health is important to me Roverdude after what you said on reddit). ATM and opengl are necessary in .90 and i hope the performance will become at least as good or better as it was in .25 when 1.0 hits. I will and i like to play 1.0 in vanilla, and i am pretty sure it will be great and the sky wont fall this time either despite all the doubts around here. And after some time the mods will be back and i am pretty sure FAR and TAC LS will be among them :)

I will watch reviewers tear 1.0 to shreds.

This. With over 2500 hours playing KSP, I haven't played more than one hour in the past year, the magic just isn't there anymore. The game was so revolutionary and fun when it came out, that I didn't mind the instability, ctds, bugs, and glitches; but as time went by and the game took shape, none of those things were fixed. When it hit beta, I thought that Squad may now finally focus on polishing the game.. only to see a pittance of a beta phase (1 beta version really?)

Firing up the current build does not give me the impression of a finished game AT ALL, and I shudder to think what Angry Joe, IGN, and others will do to the game that was pretty much my gaming life for 2012 and 2013.

This. With over 2500 hours playing KSP, I haven't played more than one hour in the past year, the magic just isn't there anymore.

It's easy to get burnt out after so many hours. I wouldn't feel to bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I celebrate those who prefer to play and celebrate the game and its great community for what its worth and do not try to inject their "do not go 1.0" agenda in each and every posting for fame and reps.

You're right. I criticize only for the fame and rep, and not because I actually think the game can be so much more than what it currently is. I will change my ways immediately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.