Gaurdsman111

How many saves do you have?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many saves do you have?

• 1 - I'm so pro!
    • 3-5
    • 5-10
    • MOARRRRR!

For me, it's in the 10+. I have four different installs for KSP though (default/heavily modded KSP, Youtube Series, mod testing, realism overhaul). Between those, I generally have 2-3 saves a piece.

Well, one things for sure, you guys are all waaaaaay more organised than me!

It really annoys me when i remember the launcher that would have been perfect for the mission im setting up is on another save :( does anyone else find this?

It's easy to copy the .craft file(s) you want from one save to another: switch out of KSP (no need to close it), copy the relevant vehicles from saves\<name>\ships\VAB and paste into the parallel folder for the other save.

I usually play sandbox, but tried one career save with each new KSP version.

At the moment I have 6 different installs from 0.22 to 0.90 (including one 0.24 for 64 bit exec) (I've lost versions from 0.18 to 0.21 due to HD problem). I keep two saves on each version, my main play save (sandbox) and a career just for testing career mode. Obviously, I only play actively the last version sandbox save, I keep old versions just for "historical documentation".

I only run one save at a time, but keep a few backups of it just in case. I don't see why I should have another one on the go, because that save is how I want to play KSP.

And I still have every other save from prior versions, back before career or science were added. But I don't play them.

I should probably start a sandbox save for testing things, prototyping, and trying mods out, though. Call it a simulator for the career mode.

I answered 1, but there are technically 2.

I have my personal save that is for my missions and they all go in that one.

2 is the protection save for when I'm working on a mod or testing a mod and it's a cheater save for testing what I need to test in the programming. It's not for testing crafts, I do that in the other save too.

When I'm dll swapping and config editing I use the safety save so I don't touch my other one.

Let's see...

0.24.2 with Clouds, Kerbal Engineer, and many many custom parts from many mods, also trashed parts I never use. (Career)

0.24.2 (x64) install with only Kerbal engineer. (Career)

0.25 install with many, many mods. Like my game keeps crashing and I can't run in x64 so meh (Career)

0.25 install with clouds, Kerbal engineer, and FireSpitter (I made my flying lab from that mod... I so want electric props in game now), Sandbox

0.90 stock / 0.90 x64. Science / Sandbox

So I picked 5.

It's easy to copy the .craft file(s) you want from one save to another: switch out of KSP (no need to close it), copy the relevant vehicles from saves\<name>\ships\VAB and paste into the parallel folder for the other save.

I didn't think about doing that! Thanks :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.