[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

Sadly this bug is still here. Oh well.

Well clearly, The whole reason for the Kerbal's exploration of their solar system is to try to find a new home because Sonnah's gravitational forces are tearing Kerbin apart! :sticktongue:

-ScienceDefs & DMagic ScienceDefs now COMPLETE!

YES! :D

I want to say thanks for this mod, KillAshley!! The problem with the stock game is that you can get to any planet and back using a single vessel; with your mod, getting to the surface of Ernus and back with stock vessels and life support requires a multi-vessel mission over many many years. This is a worthwhile challenge!! I think the key differences are that you've made a Kerbin a moon, and you've put several planets (most importantly, Laythe) in tighter orbits than Kerbin/Sonnah, with ludicrous delta-V requirements. Excellent work on the gameplay, as well as on the textures and other stuff.

I want to say thanks for this mod, KillAshley!! The problem with the stock game is that you can get to any planet and back using a single vessel; with your mod, getting to the surface of Ernus and back with stock vessels and life support requires a multi-vessel mission over many many years. This is a worthwhile challenge!! I think the key differences are that you've made a Kerbin a moon, and you've put several planets (most importantly, Laythe) in tighter orbits than Kerbin/Sonnah, with ludicrous delta-V requirements. Excellent work on the gameplay, as well as on the textures and other stuff.

Thanks dude, it's been a LOT of work....but worth every minute :wink:

When I try to Install New Horizons or OPM I am always greeted by a star scene with the KSC and Kerbin missing when I load up a World. If I time warp, the Moon and Minmus show up as if nothing happened. I Tried several versions of Kopernicus and it still happens. When I use kopernicus example planets (I.E Hoder) they work. Can someone explain why Kopernicus isn't reading NH and why it is deleting Kerbin/KSC?

After plenty of effort and planning, I've landed a Kerbal on Serran and returned him safely to Kerbin :D The program and the ship were both very like Apollo; I ran missions analogous to Apollos 8 (Serran orbit), 9 (tests in LKO), and 10 (aborting a landing at the last moment) before going for the landing itself. I have quickloading turned off too, that really puts the pressure on and means I needed to learn from the preliminary missions and indeed my previous unmanned programs to make the manned landing a success.

20857886960_44d0a06c9a_b.jpg

Launcher: https://flic.kr/p/y1YBnX

Lander and orbiter: https://flic.kr/p/xHFY2h

Lander atmospheric entry: https://flic.kr/p/xMab9j

Home Sweet Home: https://flic.kr/p/y4Lg7X

Next, I start thinking about interplanetary probes. I expect my manoeuvre planning skills to be tested to the utmost.

Ventured outward for the first time since installing New Horizons. With so much inward to explore, it took some time to look out!

Went to Titanus. Was thinking of landing on Titanus itself, but, forgot the parachutes at home! A moon will have to do on this adventure, next lander will come properly equipped!

wZR7RsI.png

When I try to Install New Horizons or OPM I am always greeted by a star scene with the KSC and Kerbin missing when I load up a World. If I time warp, the Moon and Minmus show up as if nothing happened. I Tried several versions of Kopernicus and it still happens. When I use kopernicus example planets (I.E Hoder) they work. Can someone explain why Kopernicus isn't reading NH and why it is deleting Kerbin/KSC?

not too sure, is it the latest OPM? does the install work with just NH?

pics
Pics

beautiful pics boys! thanks! Pluto, that view of Titanus.....wow!

Version 1.6.4 is now live!...

Whups, totally missed this, I'll check it out tonight :)

Been a bit distracted from KSP of late tbh; all the talk about Unity 5 and 64-bit is making me hesitate to beef up my career any more and wait until I can properly pack the mods in and have a really meaty tech tree. With many science biomes comes a need for more ways to spend the points :) (That said, I haven't sent a crew beyond basic solar orbit yet. Maybe I should at least get some guys into Lave/Laythe orbit before hunting down fancy gadgetry...)

I think that new terrain of Ernus is horrible, there are a lot of texture bugs and it's not so beautiful...

could you be more specific? i literally haven't touched Ernus since i originally made it, apart from increasing the texture resolution. Maybe try reinstalling and see if it's a problem on your side as like I said I haven't touched it at all!

Nope, you change Ernus file at 28.08.2015. Now Ernus has such PQS:

PQS

{

maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03

minLevel = 2

maxLevel = 6

minDetailDistance = 8

Mods

{

VertexColorMap

{

map = New_Horizons/KopernicusFiles/NewHorizonPlanets/Ernus/Textures/Ernus_color.dds

order = 500

enabled = true

}

VertexHeightMap

{

map = New_Horizons/KopernicusFiles/NewHorizonPlanets/Ernus/PluginData/Ernus_height.dds

offset = 200

deformity = 7500.0

scaleDeformityByRadius = false

order = 20

enabled = true

}

VertexSimplexHeight

{

seed = 674624

deformity = 1700

octaves = 12

persistence = 0.5

frequency = 4

enabled = true

order = 21

}

VertexSimplexNoiseColor

{

seed = 45

blend = 1.0

colorStart = 0.768656731,0.6996614,0.653089464,1

colorEnd = 0,0,0,1

octaves = 12.0

persistence = 0.5

frequency = 2.0

enabled = true

order = 200

}

AerialPerspectiveMaterial

{

globalDensity = -1E-05

heightFalloff = 6.75

atmosphereDepth = 150000

DEBUG_SetEveryFrame = True

cameraAlt = 0

cameraAtmosAlt = 0

heightDensAtViewer = 0

enabled = true

order = 100

}

VertexHeightNoise

{

noiseType = RiggedMultifractal

deformity = 1000

seed = 590676637

frequency = 2

lacunarity = 2.5

persistance = 0.5

octaves = 4

mode = Low

enabled = true

order = 22

}

VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute

{

seed = 4234532

deformity = 400

octaves = 6

persistence = 0.5

frequency = 18

enabled = true

order = 30

}

}

}

} (ending file)

Before it has this one:

PQS

{

maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03

minLevel = 2

maxLevel = 12

minDetailDistance = 8

materialType = AtmosphericOptimized

Material

{

saturation = 1

contrast = 3

tintColor = 1.000,1.000,1.000,0.000

powerNear = 0.6

powerFar = 0.5

groundTexStart = 0

groundTexEnd = 1000

steepPower = 1.25

steepTexStart = 0

steepTexEnd = 50000

steepTex = BUILTIN/terrain_rock00

steepBumpMap = BUILTIN/RockyGround2

steepNearTiling = 100

steepTiling = 60

lowTex = BUILTIN/RockyGround

lowBumpMap = BUILTIN/SandyGround

lowNearTiling = 1000

lowMultiFactor = 100

lowBumpNearTiling = 2000

lowBumpFarTiling = 2000

midTex = BUILTIN/RockyGround

midBumpMap = BUILTIN/SandyGround

midNearTiling = 1000

midMultiFactor = 100

midBumpNearTiling = 2000

midBumpFarTiling = 2000

highTex = BUILTIN/RockyGround

highBumpMap = BUILTIN/SandyGround

highNearTiling = 1000

highMultiFactor = 100

highBumpNearTiling = 2000

highBumpFarTiling = 2000

lowStart = 0

lowEnd = 0.3

highStart = 0.8

highEnd = 1

globalDensity = 0

fogColorRamp = BUILTIN/desert_atmogradient

}

Mods

{ (bla-bla-bla)

Here are demonstrations:

hABB18EEY3.gif

y4p3188N3X.gif

I think it's not beautiful and there is craigs in the textures (you can see it on the second gif)...

aaah yes i remember now. I removed the custom ground textures as the previous ones weren't to my liking...they came off as a bit overbearing to my liking. It's on my never ending to do list, but no ETA as I already have a lot of things to do and not much time to dedicate to it atm.

and by the way, those cracks have always been there, ever since i first made the pack in KopernicusTech, another thing on my list

Hello everyone!

So I finally got home and played around with some configs, especially with AV Pack Interstellar gas giant clouds, which I have configured for Sonnah.

Here's the result:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Let me know if you like it, I can make a whole system config

While capturing these screenshots, I just burned directly from sub-orbit and got an fortunate, unwanted encounter with Aptur ...

And when I wanted to go to Aptur some time ago, I needed 4 in-course maneuvers :D

I had an old Sentar color map lying around here, so I tried it too:

R57HSoY.png
Edited by Thomassino

Took a little jaunt - a yaunt, if you will - to new Lave (by cheating with HyperEdit). Looking nice and icy now, feels much more frigid than before, despite it's warm colour scheme, and the subtle ice caps make it feel more atmosphere-bearing than before. Loving the glaciers alongside the craters and the tighter moon orbit. Big mountains are also exciting; no longer a purple Duna, but a unique planet in its own right :) Guessing you didn't fancy the rings? (That's fine if not, just checking they're not meant to be in here but got missed out of the package.)

C0ceduW.jpg

Oddity I spotted, as per bottom right; sometimes the outline of a mountain sneaks up over the horizon, but doesn't follow through as the planet rotates... not sure if these are awesome fancy ice geysers, or an accident due to an increased terrain height xD

You have my attention, but what sort of memory use are we talking? I mean, I'm hoping that Unity 5 is only 2-3 weeks away, but if it isn't... I'm basically full on mods. I can't run EVE atm due to memory leaks :<

You have my attention, but what sort of memory use are we talking? I mean, I'm hoping that Unity 5 is only 2-3 weeks away, but if it isn't... I'm basically full on mods. I can't run EVE atm due to memory leaks :<

Oh, a L.O.T. :D AV Pack offers those textures in 8k. 4k and 2k. I used 8k just for the sake of it and on a clean install only with NH and AV Pack it was crashing on loading :D I must turn down settings to half-res and used ATM... but this is extreme, there is 6 different 8k layers on Sonnah and Jool (default) and 2, or so, on Kerbin.

But I think you might use NH cloud textures. If you'll be crashing, try to remove cloud textures you don't currently use (they are located in BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures) for example, when you are going to Lave (you made a nice pictures from there ;) ) you'll erase Vanor, Moh etc...

Fingers crossed! ;)

Nice, I'd love that, I'm running AVP v3 right now and Kerbin's the only standout. It'd be nice to see Sonnah like that.

When Unity 5 arrives, I plan on making full use of my 12GB RAM, and those cloud layers are first on my list!

If you forgo support for most of your mods (and some of them even working), you can run KSP in 64-bit right now. It takes a simple download and replacing two files. Downside is a few more bugs and some random crashes.

Guessing you didn't fancy the rings?

I too, am loving the glaciers along the craters, but I (personally) don't want the rings around Lave. Not because they wouldn't look good, but because since there's so many planets in this system that already have rings, it's nice to keep a few that don't

If you forgo support for most of your mods (and some of them even working)

You can get them working again with this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113069-WIN-1-0-X-KSP-x64-Total-Unfixer-v2-2-04-08-2015

Just don't expect any support if any bugs happen

Edited by Space Pandas

First off I gotta say, this mod is really awesome. It's like having a whole new game.

The question I have is, has anybody tried taking off from Titanus? The obvious first choice was a spaceplane, but even on the surface at 2km, I'm barely getting any intake air. The drag also seems kind of low for the pressure. My plane is basically just a big wing and it can't sustain level flight below about 400m/s. There also was no heating during re-entry. It's gonna be tough to get off this planet with a rocket. I've landed some pretty wacky contraptions and haven't gotten up more than a couple thousand feet.

Once again, this mod is super, super cool. The stock system feels like a demo after playing New Horizons.

I'll have a closer look at tweaking Titanus's atmosphere again. TBH when fixing the overheating of gas giants i think i toned the atmospheric "density" down on it too, which would explain the drag...I'll have a peek as as i already have a few fixes lined up :wink:

Nice, I'd love that, I'm running AVP v3 right now and Kerbin's the only standout. It'd be nice to see Sonnah like that.

If you forgo support for most of your mods (and some of them even working), you can run KSP in 64-bit right now. It takes a simple download and replacing two files. Downside is a few more bugs and some random crashes.

My game is already unstable as it is, I did try 64bit, and I ended up getting one scene change before crashing. OpenGL works perfectly fine...... for now!

First off I gotta say, this mod is really awesome. It's like having a whole new game.

The question I have is, has anybody tried taking off from Titanus? The obvious first choice was a spaceplane, but even on the surface at 2km, I'm barely getting any intake air. The drag also seems kind of low for the pressure. My plane is basically just a big wing and it can't sustain level flight below about 400m/s. There also was no heating during re-entry. It's gonna be tough to get off this planet with a rocket. I've landed some pretty wacky contraptions and haven't gotten up more than a couple thousand feet.

Once again, this mod is super, super cool. The stock system feels like a demo after playing New Horizons.

Are you using stock or FAR? I recall something about needing to set some extra values for the atmosphere configs for FAR to work right.