[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

I asked Ferram about that, and he said that the only extra value you needed was the Atmospheric Molar Mass, but in most atmospheres that has very little effect. Air intakes should work just fine.

thats where the problems lie i suspect. I had to lower it to make aerocapture possible in stock. I'l have a toy around and see if i can get it sorted.

Is anyone else having issues with Serran's terrain? I launched a mission to start a base on Serran and when I landed it start sinking and glitching the landing legs really bad. Sent a Kerbal out to scrap the legs and he sank right into the ground. After a while of running around he just smashed into the ground and died.

So I said screw this and reveted and went home. Kind of a bummer because it would have been my first base.

Oh and has anyone else tried to extract MetallicOre or Minerals from Serran? I landed and the scanners said I had 3% concentration but the drills wouldn't drill. Said it was too low.

I tested on kerbin with a 1.5% concentration and it drilled just fine. Could just be me though, haven't exactly don't a lot of drilling in 1.x+

Are you using stock or FAR? I recall something about needing to set some extra values for the atmosphere configs for FAR to work right.

I am using stock aero. The atmosphere on Titanus also seems thin from a lift perspective; whereas on Eve near the surface a plane with relatively small wings feels like it is on tracks, my Titanus planes have huge wings and still have to fly at really high AOA at speeds below 500m/s.

Bear in mind Titanus has high gravity which offsets the thick atmosphere.

How do you start the game, and have you checked for correct behaviour on Kerbin? KSP 1.0.x has a nasty bug where if it's started from the wrong folder - which usually happens with desktop shortcuts or similar - the aerodynamics and thermal system get all messed up. The same issue occurs if physics.cfg gets corrupted or deleted.

Is anyone else having issues with Serran's terrain? I launched a mission to start a base on Serran and when I landed it start sinking and glitching the landing legs really bad. Sent a Kerbal out to scrap the legs and he sank right into the ground. After a while of running around he just smashed into the ground and died.

If you would be up for some testing, try setting maxLevel to 12 in Serran's .cfg file and try again.

Ash: This might be the same issue I mentioned in the IRC.

i'm at 93% reputation, and still have not been offered any exploration contracts from beyond the Sonnah system. I even tried forcing one using the F12 menu - nothing happened.

I have done some more testing into this and think reputation has no effect. Also I am pretty sure the contract system may break easily and halt progression or stop generating new types of contracts. I actually rebuilt my persistent file over the weekend because my contracts were always the same kind and were not advancing (or failing for no reason) and my asteroid generation also appeared to bite the dust.

If you are looking for something to try, start a new career game and copy the "ResearchAndDevelopment" and "ProgressTracking" SCENARIO blocks from your main game to the new persistent file. This straightaway gives me more variety for contracts and options for Derso or Laythe with only 25,000 starting funds and 0 reputation. I don't know if the tracking of completed contracts and the bloating of the save file is the issue, just wiping the whole "ContractSystem" SCENARIO block could have the same effect but I haven't tried it.

yqMadrp.jpg

Hiho again :P

I started a new campaign a few days ago with 1.6.3.

When I updated to 1.6.4 I encountered a very serious performance drop when flying rockets making the game basically unplayable for me in 1.6.4. When I try to launch a rocket from Kerbin the game goes to 1 FPS basically. Graphics setting changes have no effect.

I use various other mods so it might be a weird interaction.

It starts when Kerbal Joint Reinforcements adjusts physics. When removing KJR the issue remains when the normal physics kick in, although the severity is slightly reduced (I get like 2 FPS then :P).

Reverting to NewHorizons 1.6.3 doesn't have that issue for me even with all the other mods and allows normal play.

First off, thanks for the help cantab, I appreciate it.

Bear in mind Titanus has high gravity which offsets the thick atmosphere.

Yeah, there isn't really any other planet to compare it to. I was just thinking of flying planes on stock Eve. The atmosphere there is very soupy and planes make a lot of lift. On Titanus I had to skim the surface at 300m/s and pull parachutes in order to land.

How do you start the game, and have you checked for correct behaviour on Kerbin? KSP 1.0.x has a nasty bug where if it's started from the wrong folder - which usually happens with desktop shortcuts or similar - the aerodynamics and thermal system get all messed up. The same issue occurs if physics.cfg gets corrupted or deleted.

I start the game by browsing to the game folder and running KSP.exe. I just now tested one of the aircraft I used on Titanus on Kerbin and it worked normally. I also barbecued a couple of rockets both on ascent from and re-entry to Kerbin, and it seems to be working as expected. Just as an experiment I also tried deleting the physics.cfg file (my impression is that KSP regenerates this file if it is missing) and everything, on Titanus as well as Kerbin, still worked as before.

@SlashTen

I've just upped Titanus's atmosphere to it's correct MolarMass....bit of an oversight from me im afraid! I had it set pretty low, which explains why it was so soft...It's back to how it should be, however I would advise caution on approach as it's pretty deadly during entry :wink:

I'll release the fix hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning

Yeah, try rolling back to an older Kopernicus version. 0.2.4 didn't have the issue, 0.3.1 might be OK (I haven't tested yet). You could also report the issue in the Kopernicus thread.

Well, that explains why I can't use physical timewarp anymore and my framerates have dropped horrifically low. Since OPM 1.8 requires 0.3.3 and I'm running all of these mods simultaneously, I guess I'll just wait for another Kopernicus update.

Yeah, try rolling back to an older Kopernicus version. 0.2.4 didn't have the issue, 0.3.1 might be OK (I haven't tested yet). You could also report the issue in the Kopernicus thread.

Yeah that helped, thanks.

New Horizons 1.6.3 works with Kopernicus 0.3.3 but at a noticeable frame rate drop.

New Horizons 1.6.4 becomes completely unplayable with Kopernicus 0.3.3.

Both 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 work perfectly fine with Kopernicus 0.2.4.

I'll make a post about it in the Kopernicus thread tomorrow.

KillAshley, any idea what might be the conflict? Something changed from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. made it much worse.

My great insane expedition to Ernus and back!:cool:

That was amazing.

Just got a new computer, can't bring myself to do a Linux install just for KSP, but I want to play with NH, the USI suite, Infernal Robotics and some Astronomer visual packs - which won't happen on 32bit.

So I wait, watch videos, and drool.

... I want to play with NH, the USI suite, Infernal Robotics and some Astronomer visual packs - which won't happen on 32bit.

1.1 sounds like it is approaching test phase, which with any luck will bring 64 bit to windows :)

Tbh I've kind of gone into hibernation on KSP; I'm playing Minecraft until all 64 new krakens are unleashed! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My great insane expedition to Ernus and back!:cool:

Very nice :) I was wondering how many radiators would be needed to let a craft survive at that solar altitude! Does landing on the night side make any difference? How long does a kerbal survive on EVA? ^^