[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

My great insane expedition to Ernus and back!:cool:

Ah, KSP Pr0nz :D

9/10 - I have to retract one point because you did not forget the parachutes at the end. Otherwise, splendid job :D

Edited by DaniDE

Is the sun effect standard from NH or do you have some mods?

plus, how much time (kerbal years) took the whole mission?

Unless the last update was a huge visual overhaul, that's not standard in NH.

I also had a question: how did you get those clouds? The cloud pack I've used looks a lot more "pencil-drawn."

Very nice :) I was wondering how many radiators would be needed to let a craft survive at that solar altitude! Does landing on the night side make any difference? How long does a kerbal survive on EVA? ^^

Craft can survive at this point, but there is a big problem with science equipment - it need a lot of radiators. At the night side everything is OK, it's cool? but it's almost impossible to land between the rocks. Kerbal survive for 12-14 second, I don't know exactly, because I had fps 15-18 at that point. Jeb died a lot of times until success.

There was nice problem that I cannot use shields - they just evaporated near the sun and became useless. I noticed it in the end of the previous flight, it was very big surprice.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the sun effect standard from NH or do you have some mods?

plus, how much time (kerbal years) took the whole mission?

I stole this sun effect from the interstellar mod. I spent a little bit more that 3 year.

I put rocket and a lot of screenshots here

http://.............../sandbox/sohraneniya-ksp/sohraneniya-raket-sandbox/4700-puteshestvie-v-dzhahannam.html

It's in russian, but it's normal for me. :kiss: You can find there everything.

Edited by Alexoff

ok kids, pushing a small update to fix a few errors

The 1.6.5 update is available now on Github, however the mirror sites, such as Curse & KerbalStuff will be uploaded later tonight.

changelog:

-Many fixes & tweaks
-Reworked atmospheres for Titanus & Leouch
-Removed redundant flighGlobalsIndex finally
-Stopped the "quicksand" bug where kerbals sunk into the ground and died
-Added Sentar Expansion compatibility

be advised thought, entry in Titanus's atmosphere is pretty deadly, with the high atmosphere and high gravity combined it will make overheating a major issue :wink:

uh I installed the update and my ships around Serran are now around Eli or Lave and stuff around Sonnah is now around Arin. Very weird..

it has probably to do with flight global index

try just moving them with HY

back up your saves first

It's a routine problem when adding, removing, or sometimes updating planet packs and it's fairly easy to edit the save to fix it.

1) Note down where everything is before you change your planets. Screenshots of the tracking station work well.

2) Change your planets, and start the game up, but don't open your savefile yet.

3) Check the file Logs/Kopernicus.log. In there are all the flightglobalsindex values for the planets and moons.

4) Go through your savefile searching for lines that say "REF = (some number)". There will be one for each vessel in the ORBIT section. Change the number to be the flightglobalsindex for the correct planet or moon that vessel should be at.

Edited by cantab

It's a routine problem when adding, removing, or sometimes updating planet packs and it's fairly easy to edit the save to fix it.

1) Note down where everything is before you change your planets. Screenshots of the tracking station work well.

2) Change your planets, and start the game up, but don't open your savefile yet.

3) Check the file Logs/Kopernicus.log. In there are all the flightglobalsindex values for the planets and moons.

4) Go through your savefile searching for lines that say "REF = (some number)". There will be one for each vessel in the ORBIT section. Change the number to be the flightglobalsindex for the correct planet or moon that vessel should be at.

Thanks I'll do this later today.

Thanks I'll do this later today.

a quick trick is doing something like this

let's say you want to change

REF = 25 to REF = 29

and

REF = 29 to REF = 31

you can just use find and replace (notepad or whatever editor you want)

find "REF = 25" replace with "REF = @25"

find "REF = 29" replace with "REF = @29"

find "REF = @25" replace with "REF = 29"

find "REF = @29" replace with "REF = 31"

if you have A LOT of crafts, this is quicker

ok guys, after a little debate about it I have added the flightGlobalsIndex numbers back in for the time being. Will help too with a few very minor issues. Github has been updated with the same release version, and the mirror sites are being uploaded as I type this :wink:

Does this support the SETI contracts? I'd love to use this in a modded career with SETI.

I've been using the SETI tech tree (with the extras removed so it's just the tech tree) and I've been doing just fine. I tried to use the SETI contracts at first and I just ended up getting multiple of the same contract at the same time, so I removed them and am just using the stock contracts

When I try 1.6.5 the game freezes at the end of the loading screen.

The log has these entries at the end for all the planets:

[WRN 16:40:52.062] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Oree(Clone)'
[WRN 16:40:52.063] CelestialBodyTransform: Cannot find CelestialBody.
[ERR 16:40:52.064] [PQS Error]: Sphere target is null!

The 1.6.4 version has these in the log as well, but it doesn't hang. So I assume it fails to do the next step?

If I revert to 1.6.4 the game runs fine again.

When I try 1.6.5 the game freezes at the end of the loading screen.

The 1.6.4 version has these in the log as well, but it doesn't hang. So I assume it fails to do the next step?

If I revert to 1.6.4 the game runs fine again.

did you leave it for a while? at first load up of a new version it has to generate .bin files, it takes a little while depending on the PC's power, however mine usually hangs for about 20-30 seconds or so.

I've been using the SETI tech tree (with the extras removed so it's just the tech tree) and I've been doing just fine. I tried to use the SETI contracts at first and I just ended up getting multiple of the same contract at the same time, so I removed them and am just using the stock contracts

It isn't because the targets are hard coded.

It is possible to make it "compatible" but unfortunately it would be extremely time consuming.

I've mentioned it before but I'm actually working on a contract pack with progression similar to SETI contracts but that is compatible with all planets and I'm thinking about releasing a beta version soon.

I tried it just now and having in my GameData only:

Kopernicus (v0.3.3)

New_Horizons (v1.6.5 downloaded from Curse)

ModuleManager (v2.6.8)

KSP started normally and without much hang time, and all the planets / moons from NH where there