[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

I got hit by the Mun orbit shift issue in NH 1.6.4 with Kopernicus 0.3.1. My lander was suffering phantom rotation so I went back to the space centre then back to the lander. The lander on its suborbital trajectory, a station in a 30 km 33 degree inclined orbit, and a probe in a higher polar orbit had all had their orbits shifted.

Not sure what I can do to help. I might be able to post before and after saves if you think that's useful.

Wanting to add the oceans to "Better Buoyancy" mod but don't have a clue what the

name = default

//Kerbin

BodyOceanDensity

{

bodyIndex = 1

bodyOceanDensity = 1.5

}

Values are or where they can be found? Would really appreciate the headsup cause your mod has become a mandatory now days.

Thx Dren

I got hit by the Mun orbit shift issue in NH 1.6.4 with Kopernicus 0.3.1. My lander was suffering phantom rotation so I went back to the space centre then back to the lander. The lander on its suborbital trajectory, a station in a 30 km 33 degree inclined orbit, and a probe in a higher polar orbit had all had their orbits shifted.

Not sure what I can do to help. I might be able to post before and after saves if you think that's useful.

yeah I would be interested in those saves :)

Wanting to add the oceans to "Better Buoyancy" mod but don't have a clue what the

name = default

//Kerbin

BodyOceanDensity

{

bodyIndex = 1

bodyOceanDensity = 1.5

}

Values are or where they can be found? Would really appreciate the headsup cause your mod has become a mandatory now days.

Thx Dren

TBH I really have no idea, I can look into it soon for you.

It seems you forgot to add the flightGlobalsIndex line back into the planet configs :P I copied the lines over from 1.6.4 and it loaded fine.

stoopid Github reverting my revert. Don't worry I reverted the revert of my revert and reverted the fix (have i lost you yet?)

I'm chucking up a small hotfix as I type, thanks for pointing it out! :wink:

yeah I would be interested in those saves :)

Interestinly, I had another accident of this sort... but this time it hit 2 satellites in low Kerbin orbit!

Sadly I didn't think about keeping a save, rather rushing to get them back to where they should have been. If it happens again, I'll PM you save and modlist

Interestinly, I had another accident of this sort... but this time it hit 2 satellites in low Kerbin orbit!

Sadly I didn't think about keeping a save, rather rushing to get them back to where they should have been. If it happens again, I'll PM you save and modlist

by "low" do you mean <100 km?

100km is a weird threshold under 100 km the physics are calculated differently than over.

NH has added a fix for the mun, taking the value down to 10 km

I'm tempted to suggest moving it down to 70 for kerbin too.

I'm not sure that's the reason of the issues, but I think it may be something related to that

by "low" do you mean <100 km?

100km is a weird threshold under 100 km the physics are calculated differently than over.

NH has added a fix for the mun, taking the value down to 10 km

I'm tempted to suggest moving it down to 70 for kerbin too.

I'm not sure that's the reason of the issues, but I think it may be something related to that

Actually, no. The first satellite was low, as it was the remnant of my first satellite launch (70-80 km), but the second craft was my telescope, which was above 250 km (I know it was because it doesn't function below that threshold)

Actually, no. The first satellite was low, as it was the remnant of my first satellite launch (70-80 km), but the second craft was my telescope, which was above 250 km (I know it was because it doesn't function below that threshold)

no idea then

Hello!

Ash, have you been thinking about making NH a binary system? I think it would be cool to have like M-class red dwarf sharing a close barycenter with Kerbol (using Sigma's binary tool). Though it will certainly render Ernus orbit unstable if KSP were using n-body physics.

Also, I cannot send you a PM, your inbox is full. I have created an alternate NH cloud config, which I'd like to send you.

Hello!

Ash, have you been thinking about making NH a binary system? I think it would be cool to have like M-class red dwarf sharing a close barycenter with Kerbol (using Sigma's binary tool). Though it will certainly render Ernus orbit unstable if KSP were using n-body physics.

Also, I cannot send you a PM, your inbox is full. I have created an alternate NH cloud config, which I'd like to send you.

SigmaBinary cannot handle moving the sun yet. But I'm working on it.

Hello!

sry, cleared up my inbox now :wink:

I notice that you don't have science defs for Aptur for the stock experiments (along with other of the small moons). Since that is the first planet many people will visit, I would suggest adding them. You do have them for DMagic, though, so that's nice.

Great job with this. I love it!

I notice that you don't have science defs for Aptur for the stock experiments (along with other of the small moons). Since that is the first planet many people will visit, I would suggest adding them. You do have them for DMagic, though, so that's nice.

Great job with this. I love it!

:blush: i thought they were already done! damn.....I'll get on it straight away

Hi I've been experiencing a major issue for some time now. When I have the textures set to full resolution my game will randomly crash. I can play the game for a hour before it crashed or it will crash on startup. When I set the option to half res the game runs fine.

Hi I've been experiencing a major issue for some time now. When I have the textures set to full resolution my game will randomly crash. I can play the game for a hour before it crashed or it will crash on startup. When I set the option to half res the game runs fine.
Sounds like the usual memory usage issue. Try removing other mods, running using DX11 or OpenGL, or running on Linux.