[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

After updating to 1.6.6 the game will no longer load. After the loading sequence I just end up at a black screen with the words "Kerbal Space Program" in a small grey box in the upper left hand corner. Anyone else run into this?

hmmmm, most likely it could be a simple install error. Do you have the latest kopernicus? also if you could give me a screenshot of your gamedata folder so i can check all's good. Cheers dude!

When I try using EVE and a cloud pack from Avera9eJoe (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/126611-1-0-4-Avg-s-Cloud-Pack-v6-tinted-auroras-Stratus-Cirrus-level-clouds-Lightning-Dust-storms)

My game crashes when running it with New Horizons.

Anyway to fix possibly ?

New Horizons isn't designed to run with cloud packs like AVG's. It shouldn't crash, though, unless you also tried to install NH's custom cloud pack and there's a weird conflict.

I am playing around with NH 64k right now, here you have some screens of my station's first module launch.

I hope you enjoy :)

very cool dude, cheers!

When I try using EVE and a cloud pack from Avera9eJoe (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/126611-1-0-4-Avg-s-Cloud-Pack-v6-tinted-auroras-Stratus-Cirrus-level-clouds-Lightning-Dust-storms)

My game crashes when running it with New Horizons.

Anyway to fix possibly ?

I have no idea tbh. Is it a RAM crash? unfortunately only EVE support i have available atm is for my own custom setup. Try it from the OP and see if you still get the crashes.

KillAshley, will you add moar planets or moons? we need MOAR!!!:D

nope, 100% nope. NH is at roughly at "scope-complete" and already has a HUGE selection of moons available. Any new worlds can easily be added through other planet packs, but this one won't be adding any more :wink:

Spaceplane to Serran, at last :)https://flic.kr/p/Aezdvp

Took a bit of work, but in the end I stuck the landing first time, at a nice slow 55 m/s or so. Having done most of my landing practice full of fuel on Kerbin at much higher speeds, Serran was easy in comparison.

Subject to ore concentration, I like the area - the crater at the east of the redlands - as a base location, it's nice and flat and low.

I've seen an odd problem with 1.0.5: Ships sink like a stone in water!

It's a Kopernicus issue, and not a problem with NH itself. Just wanted to mention it here, as I expect folks will be running into it. The Kopernicus team has posted that they know about the issue and are working on a 1.0.5-compatible update, but it may be a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Now with 1.0.5 and it's temperature limits Ernus became extremely hard...

On the other hand, I hear that they've fixed the bug in the active radiators so that when they track the sun to go edge-on to radiate efficiently, it actually works. Was looking forward to giving Ernus a try now that we have functioning radiators.

Edited by Snark

RAM use is middling - probably about the same as EVE. Picking one or the other is advised.

There's no reason a planet pack would impact your FPS, outside of being in the locality of the planets it contains... I would suspect no impact at all.

Remember New Horizons, like all planet packs, depends on Kopernicus. I don't think Kopernicus has been updated yet and IIRC the current version has some issues with 1.0.5.x

Back in 1.0.4 I'd say it had less than a 10% fps drop.

Hi there,

I am building some kind of map, showing the needed DV to travel into the system.

First 2 pictures, then 2 questions.

OVERVIEW

newhorizons%27map.jpg

ZOOM

newhorizons%27map2.jpg

Two questions :

2 /

It is unders construction (sonnah, ground ¿), and I plan to share that map when finished (at least an emtpy one).

So any remark will be welcome. Notably : in which format would you like it ?

1 /

I drawn the paths TO Sonnah and it's moon's, as destination from SOL edge.

Does someone have an idea on how to draw it FROM sonnah (Kerbin to be precise), taking in consideration we start from there ?

I feel the "destinatin TO Sonnah" branch is ok (pertinent, necessary), but there are some bridges missing at leat, or what ?