[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

[quote name='doxlulzem']Not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I load in on a new or previous save, I get a black screen with a white dot on, and the default KSC background audio plays as normal. Is this a bug?
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/1CeBzxq.png[/URL]

UPDATE: I was pressing some buttons and ended up timewarping till morning, but cancelled halfway through. This is what my screen is now
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/kzQ7vDt.png[/URL][/QUOTE]
you just load old kopernikus version, you need 0.52.

During my test launch I noticed what looked like the usual GC stutter - subtle, but it was there. So many mods involved though I can't point the finger at any one of them, if indeed it's not down to the stock game anyway. GC (Garbage Collection) pauses is something every Unity game has to deal with.

[quote name='thandriel']Is this awesome mod compatible with astronomer's visual pack?[/QUOTE]

nope, sry. AVP is extremely outdated and not really supported. The only support is a custom cloud config available in the OP for both stock & custom worlds

I have gathered further information on my bug with the 6.4x version of NH:

Apparently Aptur sometimes passes through the Kerbin SOI, causing vessels in orbit around Aptur to switch SOI :(
Just had my lander in low Aptur orbit (<200km) flung out, shortly followed by the mothership in a high orbit :P

[quote name='dom700']I have gathered further information on my bug with the 6.4x version of NH:

Apparently Aptur sometimes passes through the Kerbin SOI, causing vessels in orbit around Aptur to switch SOI :(
Just had my lander in low Aptur orbit (<200km) flung out, shortly followed by the mothership in a high orbit :P[/QUOTE]

thanks for letting me know, I'll chuck a restriction on Aptur's SOI as I did for Kerbin, should fix the issue. I'll post a fix when i finish my UL update (hopefully a couple days max)

Hi, I have tried scanning resources on Aptur (ore, karbonite, water etc ..) but the scanner will not find anything and I can not see the map of the distribution of resources. It 'a bug?

PS. I have changed the orbit of Aptur, so that it has no gravitational interaction with Kerbin. Now I do not problems with satellites in orbit on Aptur during closest approach.

10 hours ago, Oronzo said:

Hi, I have tried scanning resources on Aptur (ore, karbonite, water etc ..) but the scanner will not find anything and I can not see the map of the distribution of resources. It 'a bug?

PS. I have changed the orbit of Aptur, so that it has no gravitational interaction with Kerbin. Now I do not problems with satellites in orbit on Aptur during closest approach.

very odd, I'll check it out. Never had issues scanning them before :confused:

6 hours ago, Alexoff said:

How can this mod work with OPM? OPM has it's own Etal...

OPM has a moon called Tal, not Etal...they work together just fine :wink:

I do not see the resources in any planet or satellite! Even on Kerbin!

My procedure is before a scan resolution (elevation) of the planet and then a scan of resources through M700 scanner survey, but when I go to look at the map resources in SCANsat or 3D map, does not display anything.

I have installed: OKS, EPL, CommunityResourcePack, Karbonite, New Horizons + Resource Config.

After several tests I found the problem of resources. I think the problem is in the mod RemoTech v1.6.9. Uninstalling this mod, the scanner resource transmits the data correctly. In the case of remotech, the data is sent but for some reason the resources are not visible.
But I have not tried if the same thing happens in vanilla version but only with New Horizons.

9 hours ago, Oronzo said:

After several tests I found the problem of resources. I think the problem is in the mod RemoTech v1.6.9. Uninstalling this mod, the scanner resource transmits the data correctly. In the case of remotech, the data is sent but for some reason the resources are not visible.
But I have not tried if the same thing happens in vanilla version but only with New Horizons.

thanks ill look into it as soon as i get some time off work!

I made my first aerobraking on Moh. The altitude of periastron is between 190 and 195 km.

It would be nice if we had the values of aerobraking for other planets with atmosphere. I have obtained the altitude Moh after a few attempts. ^_^

Nice. So far I'm 1/3 on entering the major bodies, with a successful Sonnah probe, but my Jool and Titanus efforts burned up.

On another note, do you know if Sarin and Sarnus keep their SOIs clear when NH, K+R, and OPM are all installed together? The orbits look worryingly close.

hey im using CRP and i landed on the small rock close to kerbin, it has a similiar orbit but i forgot what its called, and i tried to mine for resources there with a pathfinder stripminer, but it says there is no resources. is there a patch i need to use for CRP?

I've been away a bit, played KSP since 0.23 and clocked over 900 hours... Burned out on it and threw it away and set it on fire- too many issues (not with New Horizons, just KSP in general). 1.0.5 seems better but I really want 1.1 with x64 fixed! Oh well, the game seems smoother than 1.0.4 and it looks like a lot of mods while updating to 1.0.5 have improved. Orbital visuals seem much better, and a sunset at the KSP view? That's better than the old, its either day or its night- and either doesn't reflect what it actually should be.

mFyOngz.png

I see New Horizons is on CKAN now and is still being frequently updated, awesome! Keep up the great work Ash.

7 hours ago, Tynrael said:

I've been away a bit, played KSP since 0.23 and clocked over 900 hours... Burned out on it and threw it away and set it on fire- too many issues (not with New Horizons, just KSP in general). 1.0.5 seems better but I really want 1.1 with x64 fixed! Oh well, the game seems smoother than 1.0.4 and it looks like a lot of mods while updating to 1.0.5 have improved. Orbital visuals seem much better, and a sunset at the KSP view? That's better than the old, its either day or its night- and either doesn't reflect what it actually should be.

mFyOngz.png

I see New Horizons is on CKAN now and is still being frequently updated, awesome! Keep up the great work Ash.

beautiful photo dude! yeah Olympic1 sorted out CKAN for me as i'm useless lol so luckily it should be easier for you guys to keep track of things!

Guys anybody from you managed to get that nice ocean from scattere working for New Horizons ? 

I am using KSP 1.0.4  and new version of scatterer and eve. But somehow I have still that old stock ocean.  Do you think it is bcs I am using KSP 1.0.4 but scatterer for version 1.0.5 ?  

3 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Guys anybody from you managed to get that nice ocean from scattere working for New Horizons ? 

I am using KSP 1.0.4  and new version of scatterer and eve. But somehow I have still that old stock ocean.  Do you think it is bcs I am using KSP 1.0.4 but scatterer for version 1.0.5 ?  

Scatterer needs special configs to work with NH and as far as I know nobody has made those yet. Don't look at me, I tried but it's way too confusing for my taste.

And even though you should really go to the Scatterer thread for issues with Scatterer, yes, using a version that is specifically designed for 1.0.5 but using it on 1.0.4 will cause issues. In fact, I'm surprised the mod is still partially functional when you use the 1.0.5 version in 1.0.4, it could have broken your KSP.

So, for the oceans, I'm pretty sure you need to update your KSP to 1.0.5.

Edited by The White Guardian

I'm loving the mod so far.  One mod I haven't installed yet is Karbonite.  The OP says it's supported, but I see that Oronzo recently had some trouble finding Karbonite, and KillAshley is looking into it.  Should I go ahead and install Karbonite now or wait?

On 5/12/2015 at 8:00 AM, KillAshley said:

thanks ill look into it as soon as i get some time off work!

Install the mod Karbonite quietly. It works great and I have no problems. The problem was the mod Remotech but is fixable via a patch of a person that you find on the forum of Remotech.