[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

On 22/1/2016 at 6:17 AM, Alexoff said:

I tried to launch from Titanus, it has extremely bad atmosphere, I can hardly control my craft

On 25/1/2016 at 5:45 AM, FutureMartian97 said:

Does this mod work with SETI or just the stock career mode? 

no idea about SETI, ill look into these things soon as i start working on NH again.

On 25.1.2016 at 10:45 PM, FutureMartian97 said:

Does this mod work with SETI or just the stock career mode? 

It will probably not work with SETIcontracts and the SETI RemoteTech Config.

But the rest of the SETI modules are independent of the solar system (and independent of SETIcontracts and SETI RemoteTechConfig), so they should be fine.

Edited by Yemo

About progression, I would suggest to improve a little the science obtainable from Sonnah and his moons, otherwise it will be very difficult to create some interplanetari missions without irrealistic overpowered mod, in Science Mode. I use Interstellar Extended, but it's very difficult to obtain a good amount of science just in the Sonnah system with the CTT.

On 29/1/2016 at 6:07 AM, Nansuchao said:

About progression, I would suggest to improve a little the science obtainable from Sonnah and his moons, otherwise it will be very difficult to create some interplanetari missions without irrealistic overpowered mod, in Science Mode. I use Interstellar Extended, but it's very difficult to obtain a good amount of science just in the Sonnah system with the CTT.

not gonna happen sorry, if you have an issue gaining science from all the planets & biomes in the Sonnah system then there is something wrong with your play-style tbh. There's plenty of science to be taken, enough to finish majority of the tech tree.....but if you expect to get the tech-tree finished in 2 flights like in stock then you're gonna be disappointed. You need to try and get out there and explore properly, try going to other places in the solar system, theres a tonne of science to get, and the only thing stopping you is yourself.

Edited by KillAshley

5 hours ago, KillAshley said:

not gonna happen sorry, if you have an issue gaining science from all the planets & biomes in the Sonnah system then there is something wrong with your play-style tbh. There's plenty of science to be taken, enough to finish majority of the tech tree.....but if you expect to get the tech-tree finished in 2 flights like in stock then you're gonna be disappointed. You need to try and get out there and explore properly, try going to other places in the solar system, theres a tonne of science to get, and the only thing stopping you is yourself.

I wasn't complaining, sorry, but english isn't my native languages. I have no issues gaining science, I would just say that, IF a player use both the Community Tech Tree and Remote Tech, he'll have trouble going interplanetary without a complete and deep exploration of all the Sonnah system and maybe also then, if he doesn't unlock the right parts.

So, I was playing around a bit, and happened to discover that KSP's biome mechanism works just fine for gas giants.

...nothing special, turns out that it just works, in exactly the same way that biomes for "terrestrial" planets work.  Just needs a biome map.  Can't do surface science, of course (no surface!), but it works for space & atmospheric science.

So.... @KillAshley, think there might be a chance for Sonnah & friends to get biomes at some point?  :)

NH is well-supplied with gas giants, and I'd love to have more of a reason to explore these big fellas themselves, not just their moons.

Edited by Snark

10 hours ago, Snark said:

So, I was playing around a bit, and happened to discover that KSP's biome mechanism works just fine for gas giants.

...nothing special, turns out that it just works, in exactly the same way that biomes for "terrestrial" planets work.  Just needs a biome map.  Can't do surface science, of course (no surface!), but it works for space & atmospheric science.

So.... @KillAshley, think there might be a chance for Sonnah & friends to get biomes at some point?  :)

NH is well-supplied with gas giants, and I'd love to have more of a reason to explore these big fellas themselves, not just their moons.

This has been a feature for a long time, in fact my other packs have had biomes for gas giants since they have been released, but noone has ever noticed. Probably when i eventually get the motivation to work on NH again ill add some, but I'll have to see.

I'm getting NaNs in Trajectory Planner when I'm trying to go from Kerbin to Aptur.  I have a suspicion that they actually have SOIs that overlap during closest approach.  This should probably be looked over and have orbits tweaked as necessary, since I don't even want to think about what bugs might happen if you have, for instance, a satellite fly through the overlapping area.

40 minutes ago, Keldor said:

I'm getting NaNs in Trajectory Planner when I'm trying to go from Kerbin to Aptur.  I have a suspicion that they actually have SOIs that overlap during closest approach.  This should probably be looked over and have orbits tweaked as necessary, since I don't even want to think about what bugs might happen if you have, for instance, a satellite fly through the overlapping area.

Last time I checked SoIs were fine. they have the exact same semiMajorAxis which could be the issue maybe.

2 hours ago, Keldor said:

I'm currently playing with NH and I had the same issue with Transfer Windows Planner, however isn't really needed for that destination. You can launch to Aptur almost every moment and go there without  a great amount of Delta-V.

neither mechjeb, nor TWP will work well going from kerbin to mun or aptur, although sometimes they work going to serran.  you only need about 800 m/s (if I remember right) to go anywhere in the the sonnah system, use precise node or kartographer to help you plot out the transfers.

I'm having a problem that will force me to redownload EVERYTHING if not fixed. Please help.

I downloaded Kopernicus yesterday to test if I could have one of those fancy extra star systems; and I also got the Extrasolar: Planets beyond Kerbal pack. Installed it following instructions clearly, loaded a previous save, took 50 million years to load everything but I managed to get into the game. Checked the star system in the tracking station, then tried to switch to one of my ships in munar orbit and the game crashed without even a crash report. I then deleted Kopernicus and Extrasolar, but when I got back to the game, all my saves had been nuked, and clicking the Resume Saved button gave me nothing. Didn't bother too much that I lost the old save, but then I played a bit on a new game, exited, went to sleep, loaded the game today and clicking the Resume Saved button STILL gives me nothing despite a new game. 

EDIT: apparently my persistent shorted out with said crash and that was stopping KSP from reading any other saves, a fellow in technical support suggested moving the broken save folder and that did the trick. I suppose I can't really know if this was a kopernicus/extrasolar thing or any other mod's fault without replicating it so just ignore this post 

Edited by Chasewithlasers

On 2/10/2016 at 7:26 AM, Chasewithlasers said:

I'm having a problem that will force me to redownload EVERYTHING if not fixed. Please help.

I downloaded Kopernicus yesterday to test if I could have one of those fancy extra star systems; and I also got the Extrasolar: Planets beyond Kerbal pack. Installed it following instructions clearly, loaded a previous save, took 50 million years to load everything but I managed to get into the game. Checked the star system in the tracking station, then tried to switch to one of my ships in munar orbit and the game crashed without even a crash report. I then deleted Kopernicus and Extrasolar, but when I got back to the game, all my saves had been nuked, and clicking the Resume Saved button gave me nothing. Didn't bother too much that I lost the old save, but then I played a bit on a new game, exited, went to sleep, loaded the game today and clicking the Resume Saved button STILL gives me nothing despite a new game. 

EDIT: apparently my persistent shorted out with said crash and that was stopping KSP from reading any other saves, a fellow in technical support suggested moving the broken save folder and that did the trick. I suppose I can't really know if this was a kopernicus/extrasolar thing or any other mod's fault without replicating it so just ignore this post 

adding kopernicus and other planets to an existing save tends to break them badly.  if you're going to play with extra planets or a different system layout, make sure to do it before a new game.  also, you should in the future post these questions in the threads of the related mods.

12 hours ago, Derpiderp said:

I made this thing:

beautiful dude!

On 10/2/2016 at 9:26 PM, Chasewithlasers said:

erm...did you mean to post this in this thread, or are you reporting a problem with NH + Extrasolar. It is a very early mod so perhaps there are issues i am unaware of with it.

15 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Also for the Sonnah rings rendered behind the planet, but I was curious cause I'm working on a beautification of NH with new Eve and Scatterer.

I used the new version of E.V.E. and Scaterer in combination with astronomers visual pack V2. The rings are rendered behind the plantes. I tried my best at hiding that in the video. For the lighting on Leouh and Titanus I used a modified version of Planetshine.

Edited by Derpiderp

1 minute ago, Derpiderp said:

I used the new version of E.V.E. and Scaterer in combination with astronomers visual pack V2. The rings are rendered behind the plantes. I tried my best at hiding that in the video. For the lighting on Leouh and Titanus I used a modified version of Planetshine.

I'm having the same issue with rings being behind planets. In your case, delete scatterer, it's known to cause this effect. As for why I am having the same issue without scatterer, I'd guess using outdated stuff in combination with updated stuffTM is going to leave some scratches...

4 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I'm having the same issue with rings being behind planets. In your case, delete scatterer, it's known to cause this effect. As for why I am having the same issue without scatterer, I'd guess using outdated stuff in combination with updated stuffTM is going to leave some scratches...

For the rings, it seems an issue with the new Eve. It will be fixed in the next release.

8 minutes ago, Derpiderp said:

Would you like to share your clouds for Serran? I can include them in the work, once it's released.

15 hours ago, KillAshley said:

beautiful dude!

erm...did you mean to post this in this thread, or are you reporting a problem with NH + Extrasolar. It is a very early mod so perhaps there are issues i am unaware of with it.

oh excrements I only realized I'm not actually in the kopernicus thread now I'm terribly sorry just ignore that ever happened

Well, for me the Mun orbit  bug isn't exactly rare.

I started a new game after a few months absence and I found that even in 1.0.5 anything I put in orbit of the Mun will eventually either crash into it or be flung out of its orbit.

As far as I can see the problem is caused by time warp when the vessel isn't loaded. I tried it in sandbox mode, put a satellite in a 250km 0degree orbit, ran the timewarp as high as it would go and watched. It ran without problems with the vessel loaded for about 5 years. Then I returned to KSC and ran time forward and within 10 days got the SOI warning for the vessel and when I checked it, it was on its way to Jool.

I put in a new satellite and tried again from the tracking station, First with the vessel selected, no problems. Unselected vessel, and within a few orbits I see the orbit shift around the Mun and it crashes after about 10 days.

I then had a little brainfart and put 2 sattelites in orbit, one as active vessel, the other as it's target and both stay in their orbits in high timewarp. Unselect the target at 100000X timewarp and Titanus, here we come !!!!

I don't suppose this little testing session will help a whole lot, I guess you would have tested the hell out of this bug yourself by now.

Mostly it stops me from doing contracts around the mun that require any orbital work. It's not a hoge hit but there are some very profitable StationScience contracts I have to pass on. And it stops me from doing a refueling operation on the mun.

I checked the forum posts and there seem to be no more reports of this issue coming in the last few months, so are there any other people still seeing this happening?

Modlist:

-New Horizons                 -KW rocketry

-KSP Interstellar E           -Infernal robotics

-KCT                                -tweakscale

-KAS/KIS                         -KAC

-TAC LS/FB                     -Station science

-Orbital science               -Mechjeb

-Scansat                         -and a lot of dependencies coming with these mods

Anyhow, I absolutely love this mod and the challenges it adds, so KillAshley keep up the good work and thanks for still staying on this project. I can only hope you will continue when 1.1 hits because this mod deserves 64bits KSP.

thanks