[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

9 hours ago, Meteor Man said:

I love this planet pack, and I'm sure it's the same with others. I don't mind a complete re-work if you're up to it, I can start a new save. But it's totally your choice dude. Personally I wish the ground textures were better. I thought everything was perfect until I got too close to the surface of Serran and it all blobbed together horribly.

Made an account just to tell you that. Good luck!

a new account, just for meeeeeeee? :blush:

anyway thanks all for the encouragement I think i might have a good idea what I will do, although I'll leave it open for other people's opinions. This pack has grown so much over the last year that i view it as more than just my pack, with the amount of players using it, and the amount of people who have helped out i view it more as a community project. I'm in the middle of some work on RSS atm, so changes wont happen until I've finished with all that and I can't promise how long it will take to complete either, but I'll keep everyone posted on the details. I'll be trying and keep the interesting features for the planets there, but things might change depending on how it goes during the creation process. I'll make sure to spam the thread with photos so you guys can give feedback too.

New Horizons has made me fall in love with KSP again. I feel I know the New Horizons system and I don't want to relearn it if you were to redo everything. I understand that you are not happy with somethings. My advice for you is pretty simple. Lots of people just like exploring the local area. Maybe rework the Sonnah system a little bit. I would really like to see another smaller moon or 2 with oceans, mountain ranges, and and a thick atmosphere orbiting Sonnah. I always thought that Serran could be reworked. I think it deserve a small ocean and some seas. I like it mostly being a cold desert world though. I don't have a problem with anything else. All the planets and moons are interesting and beautiful and you did a great job. I just would like to see more things to explore in the home system. Its your mod. Don't be discouraged by your work. You make it how you want and take your time doing it. I'm sure whatever you do it will be spectacular! Thanks! 

Edited by Joshua91
Extra Details.

I just encountered the Mun SOI bug twice in the space of 2 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aukiahbzdj9qwwc/AAANurBubr9kaZ3lI3eSkQK0a?dl=0

That's all the relevant (I think) log files as well as the persistent file.

List of mods is really long, hang on: 000_USITools, AsteroidDay, BetterBurnTime, CRP, CTT, ContractConfigurator, CBK, DmagicOrbitalScience, EL, Field Experience, Firespitter, IFS, Kartographer, KAS, KCT, KJR, KIS, Kopernicus, KRnd, LETech, MJ2, MJ2 embedded, MRS, Near Future: Construction, Electrical, Propulsion, Solar, Spacecraft; NH, OPM, Persistent Rotation, PortraitStats, Scansat, StageRecovery, Station Parts Expansion, Strategia, TriggerTech, USI: UKS, Life support; Fertilizer Tanks for USI, YellowGreenJool and MM 2.6.18.

I know that Contract Configurator is 1.9.6. instead of 1.9.8, BBT is a couple versions out of date and KCT is 1 version out of date, if any of those matters.

3 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

I just encountered the Mun SOI bug twice in the space of 2 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aukiahbzdj9qwwc/AAANurBubr9kaZ3lI3eSkQK0a?dl=0

That's all the relevant (I think) log files as well as the persistent file.

List of mods is really long, hang on: 000_USITools, AsteroidDay, BetterBurnTime, CRP, CTT, ContractConfigurator, CBK, DmagicOrbitalScience, EL, Field Experience, Firespitter, IFS, Kartographer, KAS, KCT, KJR, KIS, Kopernicus, KRnd, LETech, MJ2, MJ2 embedded, MRS, Near Future: Construction, Electrical, Propulsion, Solar, Spacecraft; NH, OPM, Persistent Rotation, PortraitStats, Scansat, StageRecovery, Station Parts Expansion, Strategia, TriggerTech, USI: UKS, Life support; Fertilizer Tanks for USI, YellowGreenJool and MM 2.6.18.

I know that Contract Configurator is 1.9.6. instead of 1.9.8, BBT is a couple versions out of date and KCT is 1 version out of date, if any of those matters.

thanks, especially for the persistence file, ill look at it closely

8 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

no problem at all, I still have the save if you want me to start parsing it down to see if any particular mod is causing the problem.  It won't be fast, but I'm willing to work at it.

na, bugs been around for a long time. Just having a repeatable save is enough to help me look into it better :wink:

On 3/4/2016 at 1:45 AM, KillAshley said:

Attention!

New Horizons has been an active pack for (almost) a year now. HOWEVER many issues cause it to be held in contempt by myself. These issues drain my motivation to work on it and leave me with a general hate for the pack these days. I'd like your opinion on how best to deal with these issues. There are a couple options, and ill go over them below.

Option 1

Leave the pack how it stands now. Although this is the pack you all know and love, it frustrates me a lot and my motivation to improve it is at an all-time low. Don't get me wrong though, support is still there, and planets are pretty much scope-complete.

Option 2

Rework the bodies visuals to be better in line with stock & my other packs. If you have a look at my other packs, such as UL, or KASE  you can see how much detail i can get onto these planets while staying in the realms of stock (compared to the hyper-realism NH has). Bringing in these changes will take time certainly, however they will add a better visual to the pack, and fit in better with my other packs and also other people's packs too. With this option i would also throw a lot of better changes to the planets, such as terrain variation, improved surface textures, lighting, etc.

Option 3

Rework EVERYTHING. There's plenty about the terrain that annoys me also, however the pack has been going on for so long that I'm extremely hesitant to touch it as it can be game-breaking. This would involve remaking everything from the ground up, so theres no guarantee how it would turn out or how long it would take.

Please feel free to voice your opinions here, as I'd love to hear them, just please don't argue with each other about the outcome/their opinions. Everyone's voice is relevant at this point, so don't discourage other people from contributing. I'll leave this open for a while, as I'm in the middle of another project atm, so this would happen (hopefully) once it's complete.

I vote for Option 4: Reboot it as New Horizons 2 or perhaps Newer Horizons and do whatever you want with it, while leaving the old system for nostalgia sake. Just make sure people know Old New Horizons won't be getting updates and is only there so people can see it/make their old saves work/whatever.

But of the 3 options above, I prefer #2. It sounds also like it's the option YOU like the best, which in the end is all that matters. :)

I don't know if this helps on the bug, but I'm using strategia, and for some reason, even though one of my mapping sats was in orbit of Mun, it said it was on its way to ernus while I was looking at available strategies.  I switched out of the admin building and went to the tracking station, the probe was in orbit of Mun still.  went back to the admin building and the ernus probes strategy was available again.  so maybe something with scene changes?

so, I don't know if this helps or not, but I've got a station in orbit of Mun where the orbit keeps changing.  its like its floating further and further away from Mun.  it started in a 200K circular orbit.  its currently in a 205x228k orbit.

E: After putting it back into a 200K orbit, its now at 196x203.

Edited by Garibaldi2257

On 10/05/2015 at 3:43 AM, KillAshley said:

OK so from the long running idea from _Augustus_ to get a Red Giant as the center star for the New Horizons system, I have decided to develop this idea further and now come at you guys with the power of choice! I thought instead of deciding myself what could be used, I'd leave it to the players to decide as i like all 3 of my choices.

So here are the choices I have made for the New Horizons system:

Option 1: Red giant

Example pic 1

Bonus Pic of stock game with giant

Option 2: Blue Main Sequence Star

Example pic 1

Option 3: White Dwarf

Example pic 1

Option 4: Leave it stock

Option 5: Other

So did you get the stars working or was the corona bug still a problem? 

Edited by _PRATTER_
Spelling

On 5/10/2015 at 4:43 AM, KillAshley said:

OK so from the long running idea from _Augustus_ to get a Red Giant as the center star for the New Horizons system, I have decided to develop this idea further and now come at you guys with the power of choice! I thought instead of deciding myself what could be used, I'd leave it to the players to decide as i like all 3 of my choices.

So here are the choices I have made for the New Horizons system:

Option 1: Red giant

Example pic 1

Bonus Pic of stock game with giant

Option 2: Blue Main Sequence Star

Example pic 1

Option 3: White Dwarf

Example pic 1

Option 4: Leave it stock

Option 5: Other

Just let me know in the comments!

If you guys could let me know in the comments, I'll include the preliminary star in the next update.

The next update will be including atmospheres that work PROPERLY finally! I have been testing and testing and working my ass off to get it all perfect and they feel great now!

Thanks

-KillAshley

definitely option 2, but make it a hypergiant

I vote for 2nd option.

Ground textures need some work and maybe some new bodies should be added around Sonnah (small Gilly-style asteroids or maybe an Io analog very close to Sonnah...). I'd love to see NH sun to be a close binary with maybe a small red dwarf.

I know you don't really want to add another bodies into basic NH mod so I suggest something like New Horizons Plus

I love NH, it's my favourite planet pack and I'd be very sad if it was to be abandoned.

I found strange bug on Ete. If I land on it, save and reload then I will face endless autosaving. It means slideshow. I can stop it in three ways - put kerbal on ladder, start to move with acceleration or just go away from Ete SOI (yes, it works)

11 hours ago, Alexoff said:

I found strange bug on Ete. If I land on it, save and reload then I will face endless autosaving. It means slideshow. I can stop it in three ways - put kerbal on ladder, start to move with acceleration or just go away from Ete SOI (yes, it works)

thats odd, I'll add it to the list for when i start messing with the planets again. Thanks for reporting it!

All i want to do is give you a big hug to making a great planet mod pack called new horizons which is nicely named. To be completely honest the only planet pack i like is this one as it works so well with ksp interstellar and Dmagic and all those ones. This mod also inspired me to create my own planet pack even if i never got around to finishing it. It is this mod that made me play ksp again. Option 2 is the best. Your a very talented person and artwork like this should continue. Thankyou again for creating this. It is remarkable.

Just one glitch to mention. When i leave kerbins SOI, its all fine and i start time accelerating but then suddenly without warning, im back in kerbins SOI falling straight towards the planet. There was no orbital things that told me i was encountering kerbin again. Same thing with the mun.

I wonder which is KillAshely's mood today :D

On 1/4/2016 at 11:15 AM, KillAshley said:

Please everyone remember that currently 1.1 is a PRE-RELEASE and not a FULL RELEASE. It it not meant to be played, and is for testing purposes only. Anyone asking about an update to 1.1 before it's full release from now on will be either completely ignored or yelled at, depending on my mood that day.

:kiss:

-KillAshley

3 hours ago, Dombi said:

I did look in the original post for some words about 1.1 and since I didn't found any nor anything on the last posts...

possibly because 1.1 isnt out yet? hard to make an update for a version which hasn't been released