[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

Just now, Derpiderp said:

Can you drop me that link too? I am a famous youtuber with 9 000 000 * 10^(-6) subscribers. I would love to do a review on that glorious mod of yours.

maybe when i finish fixing the SciDefs to the new biomes ill drop you link....and everyone else too :wink:

ok so i was being nice an quiet, seeing how long it would take for people to notice, however it seems around 50 of you have already seen the update :P

so let's say:

New Horizons v2.0.0 is now available.

v2.0.0
"the overhaul edition"
-complete rework of all bodies
-complete rework of all PQSMaterials
-complete rework of all scaledspace gradients
-complete rework of all atmospheres & ambient coloring
-complete rework of all orbits
-removed Lave due to lack of gameplay elements
-reparented Eli to Sonnah
-added asteroid belt between Sonnah & Jool
-added asteroids as simulated debris from Leouch (size to be tweaked in later versions)
-reduced Tidus' atmosphere back to 0.7atm as it originally was intended
-fixed scidefs to refer to new biomes/terrain of planets
-fixed descriptions to refer to bodies new terrain.

32 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

ok so i was being nice an quiet, seeing how long it would take for people to notice, however it seems around 50 of you have already seen the update :P

so let's say:

New Horizons v2.0.0 is now available.

v2.0.0
"the overhaul edition"
-complete rework of all bodies
-complete rework of all PQSMaterials
-complete rework of all scaledspace gradients
-complete rework of all atmospheres & ambient coloring
-complete rework of all orbits
-removed Lave due to lack of gameplay elements
-reparented Eli to Sonnah
-added asteroid belt between Sonnah & Jool
-added asteroids as simulated debris from Leouch (size to be tweaked in later versions)
-reduced Tidus' atmosphere back to 0.7atm as it originally was intended
-fixed scidefs to refer to new biomes/terrain of planets
-fixed descriptions to refer to bodies new terrain.

Couldn't you have waited a day? I have a test tomorrow. love it. I don't have to write that test. Guess I am going to be sick tomorrow.

2 hours ago, KillAshley said:

reduced Tidus' atmosphere back to 0.7atm as it originally was intended

Just as I'd been contemplating the challenge its old 6.5 (?) atm pressure would present :D Well, there's always Titanus. And Leouch.

Time for the Great Upgrading to sweep my mega-system and see what happens. I also need to upgrade to OPM 2.0, and am planning on mixing in a rework of the stock bodies too.

7 minutes ago, cantab said:

Just as I'd been contemplating the challenge its old 6.5 (?) atm pressure would present :D Well, there's always Titanus. And Leouch.

Time for the Great Upgrading to sweep my mega-system and see what happens. I also need to upgrade to OPM 2.0, and am planning on mixing in a rework of the stock bodies too.

yes........leouch................

*runs away*

Potential issues:

With New Horizons and Kerbol Plus Reloaded, Havet is really close to Sonnah instead of at the trojan point.

With the same, Pregas has an orbit rather close to Serran's new orbit round Sonnah.

Removing Lave and moving Eli of course means everyone's ships get moved. Anything that used to be on Serran will now likely be on Eli. Of course it's your decision to break those eggs in making your 2.0 omelette.

Otherwise, general impressions. Keep in mind this is mainly going by the Tracking Station, but then that is how everyone encounters the system first. I remain to be convinced. Overall New Horizons 2.0 feels like a significantly more muted aesthetic. The old New Horizons was full of colour, this feels a bit drab in comparison. And a few of what used to be visually interesting bodies are now rather potatoey - It's most striking in the case of Ete - in place of the striking cobalt blue world it was, we now have... a potato. An interestingly spinning potato, perhaps, but a potato nonetheless. Astid and Oree also feel rather potatoised.

I've only checked Serran and Nolas up close, and they do look better "on the ground", but the Map View for them I just find a bit uninspiring.

Some worlds are looking good. Sonnah itself I like the new version of, with a bit more texture. Vanor and Tidus I think are both rather more interesting and natural-feeling now too.

And of course you've significantly changed some of the bodies I found most special - Leouch (there goes my plan for an abyss base and elevator system on the cliffs...), Nolas, Serran to an extent. I won't know until I do a proper mission to them whether I still feel the magic they had before.

Hello

I created a scatterer config for New Horizons.

it is still WIP with some features missing, but it makes NH planets look much nicer. You can check it out here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6skamsdxkp4lb45/NH Scatterer Config (WIP).zip?dl=0

Apologies for everyone that downloaded and it didn't work. I'm apparently stupid :) New link works.

Also, great work with NH 2.0 @KillAshley. Love to see my favourite planet pack revived/rekerjiggered.

Edited by Thomassino
Slight fix to the link

1 hour ago, Thomassino said:

Hello

I created a scatterer config for New Horizons.

it is still WIP with some features missing, but it makes NH planets look much nicer. You can check it out here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6skamsdxkp4lb45/NH Scatterer Config (WIP).zip?dl=0

Also, great work with NH 2.0 @KillAshley. Love to see my favourite planet pack revived/rekerjiggered.

I'm currently working on Scatterer and Eve config for New Horizon. Your Scatterer is wonderful, much better than mine, can I release it (when Eve is ready) obviously crediting you?

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Congrats on the new release. Ive been wanting to try this for a long time. Ive been wondering. Is it possible to run this along with KSPRC? Is it possible/necessary to splice config files? 

It depends, considering some of the stock planets have been reworked. You'll have to figure that out yourself.

10 hours ago, cantab said:

Potential issues:

With New Horizons and Kerbol Plus Reloaded, Havet is really close to Sonnah instead of at the trojan point.

With the same, Pregas has an orbit rather close to Serran's new orbit round Sonnah.

Removing Lave and moving Eli of course means everyone's ships get moved. Anything that used to be on Serran will now likely be on Eli. Of course it's your decision to break those eggs in making your 2.0 omelette.

Otherwise, general impressions. Keep in mind this is mainly going by the Tracking Station, but then that is how everyone encounters the system first. I remain to be convinced. Overall New Horizons 2.0 feels like a significantly more muted aesthetic. The old New Horizons was full of colour, this feels a bit drab in comparison. And a few of what used to be visually interesting bodies are now rather potatoey - It's most striking in the case of Ete - in place of the striking cobalt blue world it was, we now have... a potato. An interestingly spinning potato, perhaps, but a potato nonetheless. Astid and Oree also feel rather potatoised.

I've only checked Serran and Nolas up close, and they do look better "on the ground", but the Map View for them I just find a bit uninspiring.

Some worlds are looking good. Sonnah itself I like the new version of, with a bit more texture. Vanor and Tidus I think are both rather more interesting and natural-feeling now too.

And of course you've significantly changed some of the bodies I found most special - Leouch (there goes my plan for an abyss base and elevator system on the cliffs...), Nolas, Serran to an extent. I won't know until I do a proper mission to them whether I still feel the magic they had before.

thanks for the feedback, yeah for KP it needs an update too. It's had no real love since it was initially released so ill be working on that soon. The whole rework was based off the idea of realism (mostly) i wanted to create bodies that looked mroe like they could actually exist rather than over the top ones that in no way could. Unfortunately the real world is slightly more bland than the bright colors of the original NH, but i did what i could. Apart from the little potatoes, which would be nothing more than clumps of loose rock IRL.....

6 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

:D I look forward to this :)

Does this work out of the box with 64k? What about the 10x mod? I want the dV challenge that RSS offers, but I want a fantasy universe.

I recommend Sigma Dimensions by @Sigma88 it should work fine along it and can give you complete control over any sized system you want.

4 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Congrats on the new release. Ive been wanting to try this for a long time. Ive been wondering. Is it possible to run this along with KSPRC? Is it possible/necessary to splice config files? 

I havent tried with KSPRC yet, it was low on my priority list so i left it until a future date for now. It should work fine for stock planets, but wont include my ones. People are already working on EVE & Scatterer support so who knows, maybe they are srting it out already :wink:

10 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

I'm currently working on Scatterer and Eve config for New Horizon. Your Scatterer is wonderful, much better than mine, can I release it (when Eve is ready) obviously crediting you?

Sure, feel free to modify it as well. I released it as an open-source project :) 

Everyone, how about compatibility with Uncharted Lands?

For those that want to play the two mods together, I've already edited the configs of UL to be compatible with NH, turning UL into a mod for NH. This does mean that some configs from New Horizons (Eve and Minmus relocations) have to be deleted because UL deletes those planets then remakes them. In the end, the two do work together nicely! I'll post some screenshots when I get home.

However, I won't upload the edited configs without permission of @KillAshley since it's work, so... K.A. would you like me to send you the edited configs? I only made minor chages (removing UL's relocations and making it load after NH).

Another thing that I wanted to discuss, should I make a trailer for New Horizons 2.0?

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

For those that want to play the two mods together, I've already edited the configs of UL to be compatible with NH, turning UL into a mod for NH. This does mean that some configs from New Horizons (Eve and Minmus relocations) have to be deleted because UL deletes those planets then remakes them. In the end, the two do work together nicely! I'll post some screenshots when I get home.

However, I won't upload the edited configs without permission of @KillAshley since it's work, so... K.A. would you like me to send you the edited configs? I only made minor chages (removing UL's relocations and making it load after NH).

Another thing that I wanted to discuss, should I make a trailer for New Horizons 2.0?

Shame I've already started my career mode. That would have made a great game, both NH and UL.

7 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

trailer's up to you dude :wink:

but anyway I've already added UL support for the next release, just had to tweak the load order and nuke a few orbit parameters (as well as removing Kerbin's rings). Nothing needed to be touched in the UL files though. :D

Edited by KillAshley

13 hours ago, RA3236 said:

It depends, considering some of the stock planets have been reworked. You'll have to figure that out yourself.

But it IS possible? That's fine I just need to know my efforts won't be for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

But it IS possible? That's fine I just need to know my efforts won't be for nothing.

Once the screenshots are up I might be able to tell you which files you need to remove. Either that, or I install it now and test the pack in a test world (which I can do :))