[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

So far as I know New Horizons doesn't change the physical characteristics of the stock bodies, only their orbits. So as long as KSPRC doesn't change the orbits of anything, only the physical characteristics, I expect it will work.

8 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Once the screenshots are up I might be able to tell you which files you need to remove. Either that, or I install it now and test the pack in a test world (which I can do :))

Well don't go out of your way because of me lol. But that sounds sweet either way, thank you.

I dont think 2.0 is completely compatible with Sigma Binary. I just downloaded the new version and the loading screen froze on ModuleManager[SigmaBinary]

EDIT: IT dose work I just installed 2.0 really badly.

Also. This works near-perfectly with saves created in 1.7. All it requires is some ID reassignment in the persistent file and you don't have to start a new world

And I think the new textures are making my KSP lag and crash...

And is it possible for me to use 1.7 and make Lave part of my game? 

Edited by BashGordon33

So I've been trying to land on Tidus and i cant seem to enter the upper atmosphere < 1800 m/s. my ship is fairly large which im sure isnt helping, but what i was wondering is if any of you had any tips on how to best approach this moon and enter the atmosphere without burning up intoa  crisp. once i slow down enough to deploy my 'chutes im sure it'll be a piece of cake

10 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Well don't go out of your way because of me lol. But that sounds sweet either way, thank you.

Just did :) All the stock bodies will be fine, just watch though, if your using KASE as well you may have problems.

Hoping for a little assistance.

Most of my mods are installed with CKAN.  I have the current version of Kopernicus, and no other planet pack mods installed.

I downloaded NH 2.0, and have the New_Horizons folder in my GameData folder, but...in the game, I only have the stock system.

Any advice?

15 minutes ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Hoping for a little assistance.

Most of my mods are installed with CKAN.  I have the current version of Kopernicus, and no other planet pack mods installed.

I downloaded NH 2.0, and have the New_Horizons folder in my GameData folder, but...in the game, I only have the stock system.

Any advice?

On 13/6/2016 at 7:58 PM, Sigma88 said:

if you upload these things we can take a look for you:

- output_log.txt (found either in KSP/KSP_x64_Data or in KSP/KSP_Data depending if you run 64bit or 32bit ksp)
- Logs (the whole "Logs" folder, found it in the KSP install folder)
- ModuleManager.ConfigCache (found in KSP/GameData)

it would help if you generated these logs while having installed only the minimum:

KSP 1.1.2
NH 2.0
Kopernicus 1.0.5
MM 2.6.24 or 25

IT HAS ARRIVED. I WILL BE DOWNLOADING THIS IMMEDIATELY AND PLAYING IT. In fact Ill give you @KillAshley a donation for your efforts. 15 bucks. For coffee and a muffin from 7-11 maybe?

Edited by SAS123
Addedness

5 hours ago, mbogger said:

So I've been trying to land on Tidus and i cant seem to enter the upper atmosphere < 1800 m/s. my ship is fairly large which im sure isnt helping, but what i was wondering is if any of you had any tips on how to best approach this moon and enter the atmosphere without burning up intoa  crisp. once i slow down enough to deploy my 'chutes im sure it'll be a piece of cake

odd, ill have a look

I'm definitely doing something wrong.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several mods trying to get this to work.

I previously had the Outer Planets mod installed, and had that working.  But now, I can't get any of the planet packs to work, despite tweaking my mod installs...and I have a lot of damn mods going, so I think it would be asking too much of anyone here to attempt to go through the massive log file produced with all of these mods installed.

I have a feeling, I'm overlooking something so obvious though.

33 minutes ago, SFCGunny313 said:

I'm definitely doing something wrong.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several mods trying to get this to work.

I previously had the Outer Planets mod installed, and had that working.  But now, I can't get any of the planet packs to work, despite tweaking my mod installs...and I have a lot of damn mods going, so I think it would be asking too much of anyone here to attempt to go through the massive log file produced with all of these mods installed.

best starting point would be to move all the mods outside the "GameData" folder (store them somewhere like a folder in your desktop)

then start to add a few things

start from the minimum NH requirements:

modulemanager, kopernicus, nh

then add some other mods, like opm

each time you add something start ksp and check if it's working

12 hours ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Any advice?

I had the same thing, I reinstalled NH2 and Kopernicus and checked KSP consistency and now mod works!

I think NH2 is not so colorfull than NH1 and it is not so challenging than first version - Leouch lost it atmosphere, Tidus became easier, Derso looks like has not so challenging terrain...

3 hours ago, Alexoff said:

I think NH2 is not so colorfull than NH1 and it is not so challenging than first version - Leouch lost it atmosphere, Tidus became easier, Derso looks like has not so challenging terrain...

i agree with the color thing but we do have to give killashley a break.

in the meantime, does anyone know how to make a phase angle chart or at least calculate it?

I Would like to say @KillAshley, I think i enjoyed the textures more in Old NH than this one BUT... and a big BUT, NEW NH is more realistic looking and i like realism in a non-realistic way. I do like all the textures in this update as well. Obviously it makes me sad that Derso didn't work out but that don't matter. Take as much time as you need to polish this up. I think i kinda also like bland things. And ive never seen a modpack with alot of large asteroids which is quite cool. Maybe you should add a comet. its just a suggestion. Great Effort!

Edited by SAS123

22 hours ago, SFCGunny313 said:

After uninstalling Kerbal Construction Time, it seems to be working now.

Ete, that potato flying around Titanus, have a type in description: "suer" instead of "super".

In unrelated news: NH 2.0 lags for second or two while zooming in (loading visuals?) and out (other planets enter camera?) of mod planets, stock ones cause no lag. I went through all bodies and lag persist. I have quite a bit of mods, but nothing with planets or visual enchantments (except NH, of course). It did not happen to me with NH 1.0 with roughly same set of mods.

Is it possible to have some tiny potato mun around Kerbin? (Multi-star mods make me think answer is yes)

Edit: I narrowed lag source to Contract Configurator or related mod. That to say, even KSP with NH only have suspicious change in performance between 1.x and 2.0, was anything changed in graphics/shaders? 

Edited by PT

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!! :D

I just came back from a vacation to find this delightful update when coming on to the KSP forums!
I can not wait to play this, KillAshley. Love your work! <3 

PS: Is EVE + Scatterer support out yet? Or is that still coming?

Hello

Great update KillAshley. Thanks for this.

I´m using OPM and Sigma Binary with New Horizon and I had a little issue with using them together (fresh installation for testing with only OPM, Kopernicus, Sigma binary, module manager and New Horizon installed). KSP crashed with this logentry.

[LOG 01:00:58.895] [ModuleManager] Looping on Sigma/Binary/Configs/checkMaxDistance/@Kopernicus:HAS[@Kopernicus]:FOR[SigmaBinary] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System
[LOG 01:00:58.896] [ModuleManager] Applying node Sigma/Binary/Configs/checkMaxDistance/@Kopernicus:HAS[@Kopernicus]:FOR[SigmaBinary] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System

So I made a little change to this file: ...GameData\New_Horizons\CompatabilityPatches\OPMPatch.cfg

from

@Kopernicus:AFTER[New_Horizons]:NEEDS[OPM,!GalacticNeighborhood]

to

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigmaBinary]:AFTER[New_Horizons]:NEEDS[OPM,!GalacticNeighborhood]

in order to make sure that the system is changed completly before Sigma binary changes Plock and Karen from the OPM mod. Now all seems to work fine. I hope I did it the right way. The log is clean so far.

29 minutes ago, Dante Montana said:

Hello

Great update KillAshley. Thanks for this.

I´m using OPM and Sigma Binary with New Horizon and I had a little issue with using them together (fresh installation for testing with only OPM, Kopernicus, Sigma binary, module manager and New Horizon installed). KSP crashed with this logentry.

[LOG 01:00:58.895] [ModuleManager] Looping on Sigma/Binary/Configs/checkMaxDistance/@Kopernicus:HAS[@Kopernicus]:FOR[SigmaBinary] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System
[LOG 01:00:58.896] [ModuleManager] Applying node Sigma/Binary/Configs/checkMaxDistance/@Kopernicus:HAS[@Kopernicus]:FOR[SigmaBinary] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System

So I made a little change to this file: ...GameData\New_Horizons\CompatabilityPatches\OPMPatch.cfg

from

@Kopernicus:AFTER[New_Horizons]:NEEDS[OPM,!GalacticNeighborhood]

to

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigmaBinary]:AFTER[New_Horizons]:NEEDS[OPM,!GalacticNeighborhood]

in order to make sure that the system is changed completly before Sigma binary changes Plock and Karen from the OPM mod. Now all seems to work fine. I hope I did it the right way. The log is clean so far.

:AFTER[New_Horizons]

is already before sigma binary because N comes before than S

adding the :BEFORE[SigmaBinary] in that line should not result in any difference, since the ":AFTER[New_Horizons]" will trigger before that anyways making it pointless

what kind of issues were you having exactly with SB?

This used to be a perfect wide, flat, low-altitude base site. Now look what you've done to it, it's on the side of a blooming mountain :D

Now Look What You've Done!

Now how am I going to move all this stuff once I find a new site? Hmmm ... blimp maybe. I've never used airships in KSP before.

1 hour ago, cantab said:

This used to be a perfect wide, flat, low-altitude base site. Now look what you've done to it, it's on the side of a blooming mountain :D

Now how am I going to move all this stuff once I find a new site? Hmmm ... blimp maybe. I've never used airships in KSP before.

This is why it's always good to scan a planet with ScanSat before landing or building a base :P

11 hours ago, PT said:

Ete, that potato flying around Titanus, have a type in description: "suer" instead of "super".

In unrelated news: NH 2.0 lags for second or two while zooming in (loading visuals?) and out (other planets enter camera?) of mod planets, stock ones cause no lag. I went through all bodies and lag persist. I have quite a bit of mods, but nothing with planets or visual enchantments (except NH, of course). It did not happen to me with NH 1.0 with roughly same set of mods.

Is it possible to have some tiny potato mun around Kerbin? (Multi-star mods make me think answer is yes)

Edit: I narrowed lag source to Contract Configurator or related mod. That to say, even KSP with NH only have suspicious change in performance between 1.x and 2.0, was anything changed in graphics/shaders? 

oops, ill fix the typo, cheers.

very odd that CC would add a some lag to the game, ill have a look and try to find out why at some point!

And while i won't be adding any (new) bodies to the game, making Kerbin moonless, you can easily set up a little MM patch to add your own sub-moon if you wish.

7 hours ago, FunnelVortex said:

Is EVE + Scatterer support out yet? Or is that still coming?

i havent done any, but i know a few people are already starting to work on it themselves, try checking the previous couple pages

4 hours ago, cantab said:

lol yeah airships might be the way to go now :wink:

54 minutes ago, BashGordon33 said:

Is it possible to lower the NH texture quality? My game has been crashing recently from having to load too much texture, ever since I downloaded the NH 2.0

Thats odd, sorry to hear that. I'll upload a half-res texture pack for people when i make the next update so people can lower the textures themselves if they experience issues :wink: