[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

2 hours ago, PT said:

vuaZgHF.png

I guess I need to build nuclear cargo plane... If I can get enough science for parts without easy muns :D

Edit:

It appears I mistaken Sonnah with Serran yet again. Ugh. This contract should not happen, right?

No. Summoning @KillAshley, there seems to be a problem with the file 'NH_Resources.cfg'

Also, said file does not have a patch that disables the generation of ore in the oceans of Tidus. You can disable ore generation in specific biomes:

BIOME_RESOURCE
{
	PlanetName = Tidus
	BiomeName = TidalOcean
	ResourceName = Ore
	ResourceType = 0
	Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 0
		MinAbundance = 0
		MaxAbundance = 0
		Variance = 0
		Dispersal = 0
	}
}

It should prevent ore from being generated in Tidus' oceans.

Edited by The White Guardian

2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

No. Summoning @KillAshley, I've written a patch for NH that does two things: firstly, it disables the generation of contracts that request ore from Moh, Sonnah and Vanor, and secondly, it disables the generation of ore on Moh, Sonnah, Vanor, and Tidus' ocean.

Here it is:

@Contracts
{
	@ISRU
	{
		@RESOURCE_REQUEST[Ore]
		{
			Forbidden = Moh
			Forbidden = Sonnah
			Forbidden = Vanor
		}
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	PlanetName = Moh
	ResourceName = Ore
	ResourceType = 0
	Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 0
		MinAbundance = 0
		MaxAbundance = 0
		Variance = 0
		Dispersal = 0
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	PlanetName = Sonnah
	ResourceName = Ore
	ResourceType = 0
	Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 0
		MinAbundance = 0
		MaxAbundance = 0
		Variance = 0
		Dispersal = 0
	}
}
PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	PlanetName = Vanor
	ResourceName = Ore
	ResourceType = 0
	Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 0
		MinAbundance = 0
		MaxAbundance = 0
		Variance = 0
		Dispersal = 0
	}
}
BIOME_RESOURCE
{
	PlanetName = Tidus
	BiomeName = TidalOcean
	ResourceName = Ore
	ResourceType = 0
	Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 0
		MinAbundance = 0
		MaxAbundance = 0
		Variance = 0
		Dispersal = 0
	}
}

Just dump it in an empty config file and place it anywhere. To everyone else: this likely won't affect already generated contracts, so do yourself a favor and decline those insane requests. Or go mine a gas giant if you feel like doing so, I won't stop you. :wink:

Neat. With some gruop effort NH 2.0 should come out of beta in a week or two :wink: 

1 hour ago, PT said:

Neat. With some gruop effort NH 2.0 should come out of beta in a week or two :wink: 

I've altered my comment, a contract for ore recovery from Sonnah showing up made me jump to the conclusion that NH 2.0 didn't have a resources fix, but it has. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

12 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I've altered my comment, a contract for ore recovery from Sonnah showing up made me jump to the conclusion that NH 2.0 didn't have a resources fix, but it has. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

I understand that this issue replicated on your copy of KSP? My installation may be a bit unreliable, with over three thousand MM patches. (Which leads me to science probes using solar lamps as source of electricity...)

20 hours ago, PT said:

I guess I need to build nuclear cargo plane... If I can get enough science for parts without easy muns :D

Edit:

It appears I mistaken Sonnah with Serran yet again. Ugh. This contract should not happen, right?

yeah that shouldnt happen, ill fix it (again)

I have a bug where arin's rings librate on its axis meaning the rings don't stay in one place but 'Orbit' the planet without staying straight. At its peak, the angle is about 10 degrees ascending/descending node realitive to astid and then after a bit it will rotate back to normal and then do it again. stranger yet, it only started recently and i haven't added any more mods since KASE about 4 days ago and i went to arin then and nothing happened.

Edited by SAS123

1 hour ago, SAS123 said:

I have a bug where arin's rings librate on its axis meaning the rings don't stay in one place but 'Orbit' the planet without staying straight. At its peak, the angle is about 10 degrees ascending/descending node realitive to astid and then after a bit it will rotate back to normal and then do it again. stranger yet, it only started recently and i haven't added any more mods since KASE about 4 days ago and i went to arin then and nothing happened.

by any chance did you notice this after hyperediting a craft to orbit?

there is a bug when using hyperedit to move a craft from landed to orbit that makes planets look like they spin weird

an easy fix would be to quicksave-quickload after having hyperedit the craft

Edited by Sigma88

2 hours ago, SAS123 said:

It's done that for as long as I can remember. Isn't it a limitation in Kopernicus that planetmakers can't avoid?

1 hour ago, cantab said:

It's done that for as long as I can remember. Isn't it a limitation in Kopernicus that planetmakers can't avoid?

no it's pretty easy to fix the rings iirc, unless that was something that @KillAshley wanted in the mod on purpose, I haven't seen this effect so I cannot tell how "bad" it looks

2 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

it's probably not NH, it's probably Kopernicus that needs updated.  should be done in the next couple of days, those guys are really good about that.

Ugh. Sometimes I hate updates :)

Note to self: Copy&Paste KSP 1.1.2 before steam touches it, luckily its DRM-free.

17 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

by any chance did you notice this after hyperediting a craft to orbit?

there is a bug when using hyperedit to move a craft from landed to orbit that makes planets look like they spin weird

an easy fix would be to quicksave-quickload after having hyperedit the craft

I don't like cheating in progressive games so it means i don't have hyperedit.

11 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

I don't like cheating in progressive games so it means i don't have hyperedit.

then it's probably to do with how the rings are defined

@KillAshley you might want to switch the rings to use lockRotation = false

unless you made them like this on purpose

57 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

then it's probably to do with how the rings are defined

@KillAshley you might want to switch the rings to use lockRotation = false

unless you made them like this on purpose

lockRotation defines if the rings rotate with the planet, false mean the rings aren't locked to their initial position and rotate with the world's rotation. I'll try and find out whats happening

Edited by KillAshley

4 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

lockRotation defines if the rings rotate with the planet, false mean the rings aren't locked to their initial position and rotate with the world's rotation. I'll try and find out whats happening

I had the same issue with OPMTilt, setting lockRotation = false solved it for me, but I suspect it's only because my planet has a rotationperiod very high so it looks like it doesn't move.

that would not work for you clearly...

if you need help reproducing the issue, on OPMTilt the bug was occurring only while in flight mode / map mode but not while in the tracking station.

9 hours ago, PT said:

Ugh. Sometimes I hate updates :)

Note to self: Copy&Paste KSP 1.1.2 before steam touches it, luckily its DRM-free.

I just restored from 1.1.3 to the previous version.

Keeping it this way until all the mods are updated.

Edited by FunnelVortex

Hey KillAshely, I found a bug with NH 2.0. Derso, Laythe's moon, has no texture files. The Plugin Data folder in Laythe is empty. Also that mun bug is still there. My stable 20000 meter orbit turned into a 100000 apoapsis orbit, on a crash trajectory. Seriously i'm terrified to put anything near the mun. 

EDIT: Why am I telling you which planet Derso is? You made the mod you know where the planets are

Edited by BashGordon33

21 minutes ago, cantab said:

I think Derso is currently a placeholder body - it actually looks like an inflated Gilly - because KA hasn't finished the real Derso 2.0 yet.

Oh alright. I was just looking at the Laythe system because it was the next system I wanted to travel to

1 hour ago, BashGordon33 said:

Oh alright. I was just looking at the Laythe system because it was the next system I wanted to travel to

Yeah as as @cantab unfortunately my inspiration levels for Derso are super low, and rather than delay the update a couple weeks i decided to release with only a placeholder body. It will get done as soon as i work out how i want it to look basically.