[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

32 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

Yeah as as @cantab unfortunately my inspiration levels for Derso are super low, and rather than delay the update a couple weeks i decided to release with only a placeholder body. It will get done as soon as i work out how i want it to look basically.

Ah, no worries. I actually figured Derso was some sort of smart way to add a new body without using textures, ergo, I hadn't even noticed it. :)

Take your time, KA, there's already plenty of stuff to explore in NH 2.0, I doubt anyone will mind one little asteroid moon that isn't finished yet.

On 24/06/2016 at 8:55 PM, KillAshley said:

Yeah as as @cantab unfortunately my inspiration levels for Derso are super low, and rather than delay the update a couple weeks i decided to release with only a placeholder body. It will get done as soon as i work out how i want it to look basically.

Its ok. I was just wondering if this was a mistake or an intentional change/placeholder. If you running low on inspiration, its fine with me. Here's a cool idea: Derso was recently hit by the asteroid, and would have a bunch tiny sub-moons, smaller than Gilly, orbiting it. I know sub-moons are unstable, but these would have formed recently from the impact, and while unstable would be too young to be deorbited. The sub-moons could either be actual bodies or a swarm of asteroids. Make it look like that instead of a hit a thousand years ago, as it used to be, it was hit in the last 50 years. You could have a lava lake where the asteroid hit, and the planet could have a cloud of ash from the impact.

Hey but no rush. We're all still getting over the huge amount of content released in the 2.0 update, I doubt anyone will really care if Derso took a bit of time to be made. Your mod is amazing, and we can all get over a small moon not being finished.

Also, the Sonnah in the title screen is a weird shade of pale yellow? Rings are normal, and so is in game, but do you know what the cause is?

Edited by BashGordon33

On 6/24/2016 at 7:43 AM, BashGordon33 said:

Also, the Sonnah in the title screen is a weird shade of pale yellow? Rings are normal, and so is in game, but do you know what the cause is?

I haven't seen yellow, but Sonnah starts out blue for me and when I exit the game at the title screen it changes to red.

I think yellow planets and moons are due to a bug in the load on demand system in Kopernicus. See if any config files are messing with it.

As for the red, maybe you're quitting your game too quickly :D (It's probably another load-on-demand bug actually.)

Edited by cantab

7 hours ago, cantab said:

I think yellow planets and moons are due to a bug in the load on demand system in Kopernicus. See if any config files are messing with it.

As for the red, maybe you're quitting your game too quickly :D (It's probably another load-on-demand bug actually.)

What config files would be messing with it? I've been really paranoid with bugs because for some reason the game reverted everything to what it was a few weeks ago, and I lost all of my data. And then my solar panels disappeared, but were still there, and said that they were generating '-infinity'. And every time I tried to enter one of these things into the atmosphere, the screen went black, the altimeter was blank and my nav-ball said NaNm/s. So i've been extremely paranoid of everything that remotely resembles a bug, even if its something that doesn't faze me, like the Sonnah title screen. And my ships disappear...

Edited by BashGordon33

On 26.06.2016 at 2:02 AM, BashGordon33 said:

the screen went black, the altimeter was blank and my nav-ball said NaNm/s. So i've been extremely paranoid of everything that remotely resembles a bug, even if its something that doesn't faze me, like the Sonnah title screen. And my ships disappear...

That's a Kraken!

Can you share list of mods?

Edited by PT

16 hours ago, PT said:

That's a Kraken!

Can you share list of mods?

I think I've solved it already, but thanks for the offer. Turns out your not supposed to have 100+ planets loaded... Seriously, I hade NH, OPM, KPlus, Other_Worlds, Extrasolar, Arkas, Asclepius. That added up to 112 planets total. I just got rid of Extrasolar and OtherWorlds

Edited by BashGordon33

On 6/25/2016 at 8:02 PM, BashGordon33 said:

What config files would be messing with it? I've been really paranoid with bugs because for some reason the game reverted everything to what it was a few weeks ago, and I lost all of my data. And then my solar panels disappeared, but were still there, and said that they were generating '-infinity'. And every time I tried to enter one of these things into the atmosphere, the screen went black, the altimeter was blank and my nav-ball said NaNm/s. So i've been extremely paranoid of everything that remotely resembles a bug, even if its something that doesn't faze me, like the Sonnah title screen. And my ships disappear...

That was the worst glitch I figured it out though but then again the glitch with tweakscale is pretty bad aswell (Parachutes cant slow down crafts) and also all the tweakscale parts get untweaked and you have to reinstall KSP to fix it and remove tweakscale and still do this day I dont understand that glitch :( 

Edited by Connor1234567821

5 minutes ago, Connor1234567821 said:

That was the worst glitch I figured it out though but then again the glitch with tweakscale is pretty bad aswell (Parachutes cant slow down crafts) and also all the tweakscale parts get untweaked and you have to reinstall KSP to fix it and remove tweakscale and still do this day I dont understand that glitch :( 

I don't have tweakscale, but I imagine it would really suck. I've stopped having bugs, but am extremely paranoid of getting them again

Just now, BashGordon33 said:

I don't have tweakscale, but I imagine it would really suck. I've stopped having bugs, but am extremely paranoid of getting them again

Yeah and it happend a couple times so I have to use the tweakscale with KSPI so it never happens because that one seems to be less glitchy then the normal one, and is Kopernicus updated?

10 hours ago, Connor1234567821 said:

Yeah and it happend a couple times so I have to use the tweakscale with KSPI so it never happens because that one seems to be less glitchy then the normal one, and is Kopernicus updated?

It appears it is 1.1.3 ready, but I have no idea if NH itself will work. I'll test it later today, and then off to update horde of mods.

@KillAshley link to Kopernicus in first post is dead. (And google does bad job at finding new one >.< )

Edited by PT

Played for a few hours yesterday and it seems to work. Only issue was getting Krakken'd on my way from Kerbin to Serran. Basically my vessel went from being on a clean Serran intercept to a small elliptical Kerbin orbit upon entering time warp (would have required tons of dv to accomplish this normally). Seems to be associated with the Schrodinger's trajectory issue where your vessel is simultaneously on two different paths until you hit an SOI boundary. Odd bug and I haven't been able to reproduce it, but thought I'd mention it.

Edited by allenby

2 hours ago, allenby said:

Played for a few hours yesterday and it seems to work. Only issue was getting Krakken'd on my way from Kerbin to Serran. Basically my vessel went from being on a clean Serran intercept to a small elliptical Kerbin orbit upon entering time warp (would have required tons of dv to accomplish this normally). Seems to be associated with the Schrodinger's trajectory issue where your vessel is simultaneously on two different paths until you hit an SOI boundary. Odd bug and I haven't been able to reproduce it, but thought I'd mention it.

Did you only barely escape Kerbin's SOI? If so, you can end up being recaptured unexpectedly.

My Kerbin orbits keep being destabilised. I had 4 ships in stable 5000 Km orbits and they were all kicked out of Kerbin SOI. 4 ships in stable 80Km orbits were turned into 60Km-100Km eccentric orbits, within the atmosphere. And most recently the same 80Km orbit ships (which I managed to get back into 80Km orbits) were put in incredibly eccentric orbits at 2000Km apoapsis on a crash trajectory. Is this a Kopernicus bug or a problem with my game?

21 hours ago, cantab said:

Did you only barely escape Kerbin's SOI? If so, you can end up being recaptured unexpectedly.

I considered that possibility but the burn was fairly excessive. I was going for more of a rapid flyby than a soft textbook transfer. The resulting Kerbin orbit also didn't look right for a recapture. Maaaybe possible but it wouldn't be the first time I've encountered odd SOI behavior in the Sonnah neighborhood. In any case I might start recording my games so that I can do proper bug spotting.

Excuse me, but I have a bug report about ships dropping out of stable orbits. I've had to move all my ships into 100Km orbits to prevent the instability from making them fall into the atmosphere. I believe it has something to do with the loading of the game, as it seems to only happen when I start up KSP. This often leads to periapsis in the atmosphere or an apoapsis higher than the SOI. This seems to be a bug unique to Kerbin orbits, as none of my other ships have been destabilised. I think this has something to do with re-parenting Kerbin, and seems to be unique to the 2.0 version of Hew Horizons.I'll try to recreate this without NH and see if I still have the bug

EDIT: Tested without NH. Could not reproduce the bug

EDIT2: It seems that for a few seconds, the ships are orbiting Sonnah not Kerbin. When the game is loaded for the first time, their orbital references say 36, which is the ID for Sonnah. When the game is auto saved, it turns back into 1, Kerbin ID. But this indicates that Kerbin SOI could not be loaded at the start of the game, or Sonnah has a higher loading priority 

EDIT3: This seems to be a Kopernicus bug not a New Horizons bug. And I found that if I load a save that I don't mind what happens too, exit and go to the save that I want to go to, the ships won't be deorbited. This is probably a bug from the new Kopernicus version not New Horizons 2.0, so don't worry, and keep up the good work :cool:

Edited by BashGordon33

On 30/06/2016 at 2:32 AM, BashGordon33 said:

Excuse me, but I have a bug report about ships dropping out of stable orbits. I've had to move all my ships into 100Km orbits to prevent the instability from making them fall into the atmosphere. I believe it has something to do with the loading of the game, as it seems to only happen when I start up KSP. This often leads to periapsis in the atmosphere or an apoapsis higher than the SOI. This seems to be a bug unique to Kerbin orbits, as none of my other ships have been destabilised. I think this has something to do with re-parenting Kerbin, and seems to be unique to the 2.0 version of Hew Horizons.I'll try to recreate this without NH and see if I still have the bug

EDIT: Tested without NH. Could not reproduce the bug

EDIT2: It seems that for a few seconds, the ships are orbiting Sonnah not Kerbin. When the game is loaded for the first time, their orbital references say 36, which is the ID for Sonnah. When the game is auto saved, it turns back into 1, Kerbin ID. But this indicates that Kerbin SOI could not be loaded at the start of the game, or Sonnah has a higher loading priority 

EDIT3: This seems to be a Kopernicus bug not a New Horizons bug. And I found that if I load a save that I don't mind what happens too, exit and go to the save that I want to go to, the ships won't be deorbited. This is probably a bug from the new Kopernicus version not New Horizons 2.0, so don't worry, and keep up the good work :cool:

Does anyone know if this is still an issue or if it's been resolved? I don't want to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then find a simple Kerbin orbit or intrasonnan transfer gets messed up all the time.

I failed to update to 1.1.3 (too many mods, I guess :)) so I continued in 1.1.2 and got to Eli.

And damn that Eli. It sucks. It looked like brown Mun. It is very much not like Mun >.<

zj8UwBI.png

I might be mistaken, but it seems that orbital view and actual surface weren't exactly matching. Which almost ended deadly, with KER, Better Burn Time and Trajectories are getting crazy with landing spot prediction. I had to land by eye, like some savage :) I was supposed to hit ground out of crater even before braking, instead I landed on crater inner slope (which was too sloppy so I jumped further in).

12 hours ago, cantab said:

Does anyone know if this is still an issue or if it's been resolved? I don't want to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then find a simple Kerbin orbit or intrasonnan transfer gets messed up all the time.

I unfortunately have to upgrade because I have steam and can't downgrade. This seems unique to ships in Kerbin SOI, even if they are in escape trajectories. There is a work around though: Make a save. Copy and paste the persistent file from the save folder you normally play and paste it in the new save, replacing the persistent in the new save. Play this save folder as soon as you open KSP. The orbits will be messed up, but you have 2 saves so it doesn't matter. You must go to the tracking station when you open the copy save. Then exit and play your regular save as normal. The bug only affects the first save you open, and only affects it once, per every game launch. It's an easy but annoying workaround. 

Edited by BashGordon33

7 hours ago, BashGordon33 said:

I unfortunately have to upgrade because I have steam and can't downgrade.

Brace for next update:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common (or wherever you have it) and just make copy/rename of KSP directory to protect it from Steam.

Example of KSP protected from updates:

gFaipF6.png

"Kerbal Space Program" is where Steam puts KSP. After update I just add version to name, make shortcut on desktop, and never worry about updates breaking my modded save. Only "negative" side effect I can think of is Steam not counting play time. Meh.

Alternatively, if you do not want to make copies, you can disable automatic update for KSP:

uaPuHjd.png

If you switch to "Only update this game when I launch it" it will ask before you open game, and if I am not mistaken, you will have option to ignore update.

I'm playing KSP 1.1.3 x64 with NH 2.0.0 and Kopernicus 1.1.2.  Kopernicus is for KSP 1.1.3 and NH is for 1.1.2 (I know, confusing version numbers for Kopernicus).  NH is the only Kopernicus-related thing I have in this game.

My problem is that my stuff in orbit around Kerbin won't hold still.  Everything's Pe decreases and its Ap increases.  The lower the orbit, the faster this happens and the bigger the changes.  In fact, it's so bad that orbits below about 300km are essentially useless.  This happens by itself when the ships are on rails, not on physics load.  IOW, I put something in oribt, go do something else, and when I look at it again days later in the tracking center, the orbit has changed.  This happens whether the ship got to the original orbit via rocketry or HyperEdit--makes no difference.

So questions:  Is this a known bug?  Is this happening for anybody else?  Is this a result of using an obsolete version of NH?  Thanks.

Here are some examples:

NH Decay 1

The station in question was originally in an 80 x 80 orbit.  In a few hours, this had become 72 x 90 so I moved it up to 100 x 100.  And then the above happened.

So then I moved the station up to 150 x 150 orbit.  That didn't last long, either.

NH Decay 2

What you're seeing looks a lot like the old Mun orbit bug, only around Kerbin. Which IMHO makes it a bigger practical issue because you can just ignore the Mun but you can't ignore Kerbin.

From what I've read the issue at Kerbin is new to KSP 1.1.3 and Kopernicus 1.1 and later. Kopernicus has a hard version lock, so it's not straightforward to even attempt using an older Kopernicus on the latest KSP or vice versa, something I might otherwise do to try and isolate the issue.