[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

3 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

The current Kopernicus works fine.

Except when reparenting Kerbin ;p

12 hours ago, BashGordon33 said:

... Just read the last 15 posts in this forum thread

:D

Hello everybody. I have been over at the Titanus mission challenge thread discussing the planet's atmoshperic pressure. Is Titanus supposed to have 9atm of pressure? My fresh install gives it .6atm of pressure. Is this intended or a bug?  

3 hours ago, TheAurora said:

Hello everybody. I have been over at the Titanus mission challenge thread discussing the planet's atmoshperic pressure. Is Titanus supposed to have 9atm of pressure? My fresh install gives it .6atm of pressure. Is this intended or a bug?  

Are you running KSP 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 (Kopernicus have some issues in 1.1.3, you might have found one more :))? How and at what altitude do you measure it?

Going by mod files it should have ~10 times of Kerbin/Serran atmosphere at 0m (so 9atm sounds about right).

I'll check with hyperedit tomorrow on my 1.1.2 (not today because it just crashed in VAB again :P).

For the record:

Edited by PT

11 minutes ago, PT said:

Are you running KSP 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 (Kopernicus have some issues in 1.1.3, you might have found one more :))? How and at what altitude do you measure it?

Going by mod files it should have ~10 times of Kerbin/Serran atmosphere at 0m (so 9atm sounds about right).

I'll check with hyperedit tomorrow on my 1.1.2 (not today because it just crashed in VAB again :P).

For the record:

I have not actually gone to Titanus, I was just observing the surface pressure using the in game body info tab. It showed .6atm of pressure. All the other bodies seem to be okay. I think I am using Kopernicus 1.1.3. I'll have to check to make sure. Does it show the right value for you? (If you have the mod installed)

10 hours ago, TheAurora said:

I have not actually gone to Titanus, I was just observing the surface pressure using the in game body info tab. It showed .6atm of pressure. All the other bodies seem to be okay. I think I am using Kopernicus 1.1.3. I'll have to check to make sure. Does it show the right value for you? (If you have the mod installed)

It appears to be working fine in KSP 1.1.2

Apparently I still use Kopernicus 1.0.5 (MD5 of Kopernicus.dll 661207801F36FE6F564B3206949A6FB3)

Edited by PT

I am sad to say it is not working in 1.1.3, which clearly seems to have already been reported. 

I did want to take the time to just stress how much I love this mod and as well I wanted to thank both the modders and the people who report bugs properly (through github and what not). 

Seriously, this is one of the coolest mods I've seen so far. I can't wait for it to be up and running again. 

...steam sucks for updates though. :/ I have to copy KSP out of the steam folder just so they wont destroy my game. I lost a nearly fully progressed game that way. Working on Eeloo. :/

16 minutes ago, LordAssault said:

Is it ok to use New Horizons + Outer Planets + KASE?

On first page there is list of supported planet packs:

*note that planet packs are supported individually. Problems caused by aving multiple packs in the same game can occur.

Outer Planets Mod

TransKeptunian

Arkas

Other_Worlds

Galactic Neighborhood

Keridani System

As far as I understand inner workings of Kopernicus, KASE looks safe, however have in mind that Kopernicus 1.1.3 for KSP 1.1.3 is having issues with New Horizons 2 (read last page or two). So if you are playing in KSP 1.1.3, expect bugs.

If you want multiple planet packs, you might want to check

Edited by PT

@KillAshley I see that in the OP you are still linking to the 'old' Arkas page. You see, the developer of Arkas has given me permission to update the mod in their absence, and because I can't edit the post of the 'old' Arkas thread I made a new thread called 'Arkas: Development Edition' that is up-to-date, rather than the 'old' thread which is still for 1.0.4

Here it is:

Since Arkas' name hasn't changed in the 'Development Edition' I'm pretty certain the compatibility patches are still working. Add to that, I'm making a compatibility patch for my own mod, Planet Cyran, I'll let you know when it's finished so you can add that pack to the list of supported packs.

On 18/07/2016 at 9:00 PM, The White Guardian said:

@KillAshley I see that in the OP you are still linking to the 'old' Arkas page. You see, the developer of Arkas has given me permission to update the mod in their absence, and because I can't edit the post of the 'old' Arkas thread I made a new thread called 'Arkas: Development Edition' that is up-to-date, rather than the 'old' thread which is still for 1.0.4

Here it is:

Since Arkas' name hasn't changed in the 'Development Edition' I'm pretty certain the compatibility patches are still working. Add to that, I'm making a compatibility patch for my own mod, Planet Cyran, I'll let you know when it's finished so you can add that pack to the list of supported packs.

On 19/07/2016 at 3:15 AM, The White Guardian said:

@KillAshley could you please tell me how to do this with Photoshop, I've literally been searching the internet for the answer for years.

ill update the Arkas info :wink:

as for the polar coords its under Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates. However it's better to crop your texture right down prior to warping it, otherwise it'll take the entire image as a polar region. Maybe crop to just under half of the vertical height.

On 18/07/2016 at 3:36 PM, LordAssault said:

Is it ok to use New Horizons + Outer Planets + KASE?

yeah, KASE only retextures the stock planets....think of it more as a texture pack than anything else, and OPM is natively supprted :wink:

2 hours ago, KillAshley said:

ill update the Arkas info :wink:

as for the polar coords its under Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates. However it's better to crop your texture right down prior to warping it, otherwise it'll take the entire image as a polar region. Maybe crop to just under half of the vertical height.

Thank you so much for this! Now, at last, I have the answer! Let the texture-making begin!

5 hours ago, KillAshley said:

However it's better to crop your texture right down prior to warping it, otherwise it'll take the entire image as a polar region. Maybe crop to just under half of the vertical height.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, can you elaborate a bit more? I'm trying it out on an 'unwrapped' texture that is 4096 by 2048, but whatever I do seems to result in weird, deformed poles that don't match the land at higher latitudes.

Okay, I finally got around to actually installing New Horizons for the first time! :D

Fresh instance, only Kopernicus, KASE, New Horizons, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager present, all in their latest versions. Started it up, beheld Sonnah's magnificient blue shine in the main menu, made a sandbox save, gawked at all the pretty planets and the new layout.

Then, as I called the test successful, and returned to the main menu, this happened:0.0::confused: (Valentina looks rightly concerned!)

Mind you, this does not impact my gameplay in any way. But it was pretty hilarious after I got over the initial shock, and I wanted to share. :P

1 minute ago, Streetwind said:

Okay, I finally got around to actually installing New Horizons for the first time! :D

Fresh instance, only Kopernicus, KASE, New Horizons, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager present, all in their latest versions. Started it up, beheld Sonnah's magnificient blue shine in the main menu, made a sandbox save, gawked at all the pretty planets and the new layout.

Then, as I called the test successful, and returned to the main menu, this happened:0.0::confused: (Valentina looks rightly concerned!)

Mind you, this does not impact my gameplay in any way. But it was pretty hilarious after I got over the initial shock, and I wanted to share. :P

I suppose Sonnah got a bit tired of being blue...

14 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Or that's the glow of the incoming shockwave of the supernova. We may never know... :P

Uuh... if you see that glow, you're pretty much dead already. Trust me, I know. A supernova pours out so many deadly forms of radiation, any nearby planets will be scorched. If Sonnah would be colored red by a supernova, it'd mean that it's also being blasted with various different kinds of deadly radiation, because light and radiation are the same thing - electromagnetic waves. Trust me, the shockwave would be the smallest obstacle in surviving a supernova.

Okay, it seems like I figured out what causes Sonnah to blush. At least, I can reproduce it 100% of the time with KASE installed and 0% of the time without KASE so far... just FYI, @KillAshley.

Aaaaand nevermind, it just happened without KASE. >.<

In the meantime: is it normal that Kerbin's rotational period was changed from 5h 59m 9s (stock) to 5h 11m 21s (NH)? Weirdly enough I can't spot anything in Kerbin's config that would cause this to happen, yet that's what the game outputs for rotational period.

Edited by Streetwind

On 17/07/2016 at 7:29 AM, TheAurora said:

Yeah I have this problem too. I never really payed much attention to it.

On 21/07/2016 at 6:14 AM, Streetwind said:

Yeah Sonnah dose that. Your Sonnah with the red atmosphere looks so much cooler than mine. My Sonnah turns a sickly shade of yellow or white. And that's not the only funny glitch I have on my main menus screen. I have the NHReparent patch and because of how the patch runs, Kerbin is replaced with Jool in the main menu.