[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

On 8/22/2016 at 8:39 AM, Sigma88 said:

Yes that's because I didn't change the science output in that cfg.

@KillAshley should be able to fix that

As well as the name, is it displaying "K?rbin" with a question mark?

Because it should be ë iirc

Yeah, it was showing as one of these; 

But yeah, hopefully the science output can be added, because I can't get the multiple-save-files fix to work for me. Currently just putting KSP on hold, because New Horizons is too awesome to play without. I'd try and add it myself, but I don't know where the Kerbin config data is and I'd need it as a reference.

I have a question,

What do you do when the mod has downloaded successfully, but when I try to start the game, it reverts to the New game Menu and wont let me press anything. I really want to play this mod and I don't want something like this to stop me.

By start the game, I mean attempting to load a save or start another

Thank you in advance 

Edited by Obsidian_mc
Not clear enough

49 minutes ago, Obsidian_mc said:

Hey uh, my question is a little time sensitive, not trying to rush. Just need KSP working again soon. PRetty sure my KSP is going to be a little messed up if I dont fix it.

there is probably an error in your installation

here you may find some general info about how to ask for support because generic questions like "doesn't work how do I fix?" will only get you generic answers like:

here you may find some general info about how to ask for support because generic questions like "doesn't work how do I fix?" will only get you generic answers like:

On 3/9/2016 at 10:30 PM, Vladimir Gaming said:

[snip]

the worst thing that can happen is you messing up an old save by loading it with this mod installed. and that's on you since it's pretty obvious that this mod should not be used with old saves since it changes the stock system

second, you probably have messed the installation

third, if you don't provide logs there really is no point in wasting everyone's time by making posts that have no actual information about the issues you are having

7 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

The mod doesn't work for me. When i start up KSP, it loads fine but when it gets to the title screen, it freezes up. ;.;

again, this is probably an installation issue. if you share logs maybe we can try to help, otherwise it's just a waste of screen space

if any of you doesn't know what I'm talking about you should give this thread a read before asking for support:

other than the logs (see thread linked above) you should also provide these useful files:

1- a screenshot of your GameData folder

2- the [ModuleManager.ConfigCache] file that you can find inside GameData

3- the "Logs" folder that you can find in your KSP install directory

Edited by Sigma88

I have two bug reports, both involving Sonnah.

I'm not sure if this is purely due to New Horizons or if it is also associated with Kopernicus, but it is to do with the title screen. When opening the game with New Horizons installed, the title screen depicts Sonnah. This is the same when exiting the game, however in this instance Sonnah turns bright red after a moment, as shown below.

NDzfTD9.png

Additionally, upon disposing of a probe in Sonnah's atmosphere, I have discovered that Sonnah does not appear to cause heating effects. Atmospheric heating was set at 100% (and I know it is functional elsewhere because heating effects occur around both Kerbin and Serran). However, a 7km/s entry directly down into Sonnah's atmosphere did not cause the probe to suffer any ill effects beyond the loss of its solar panels (until it reached approximately 0 altitude, at which point it exploded as is usual with gas planets).

1 hour ago, eloquentJane said:

I have two bug reports, both involving Sonnah.

I'm not sure if this is purely due to New Horizons or if it is also associated with Kopernicus, but it is to do with the title screen. When opening the game with New Horizons installed, the title screen depicts Sonnah. This is the same when exiting the game, however in this instance Sonnah turns bright red after a moment, as shown below.

NDzfTD9.png

Additionally, upon disposing of a probe in Sonnah's atmosphere, I have discovered that Sonnah does not appear to cause heating effects. Atmospheric heating was set at 100% (and I know it is functional elsewhere because heating effects occur around both Kerbin and Serran). However, a 7km/s entry directly down into Sonnah's atmosphere did not cause the probe to suffer any ill effects beyond the loss of its solar panels (until it reached approximately 0 altitude, at which point it exploded as is usual with gas planets).

Huh. Weird. I've seen this before though...

That, or Sonnah is just angry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, eloquentJane said:

I've fed Sonnah two probes today, I doubt that's the problem here.

It is as gas giant... perhaps feeding it asteroids?

Still, this has derailed far enough, I think the best option right now is to post some logs so we can see what's wrong exactly, or at least try to find it. Try the following files:

output log

logs/Kopernicus/Sonnah.body (if it exists, since it's a gas giant I'm not sure)

modulemanager cache file

4 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I've fed Sonnah two probes today, I doubt that's the problem here.

I think the red color is just a bad reaction to Load On Demand.

Nothing major, it should remain fine ingame, be red only in the menu and only if you exit and not when you start the game the first time

I have no idea about the reentry issues you are having tho, sorry :)

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

I think the red color is just a bad reaction to Load On Demand.

Nothing major, it should remain fine ingame, be red only in the menu and only if you exit and not when you start the game the first time

I have no idea about the reentry issues you are having tho, sorry :)

Yes, the red colour only appears on the title screen after exiting a save. And the re-entry issues aren't exactly a major problem, since heating appears to work fine in places other than Sonnah and I don't plan on doing a huge amount of aerobraking there anyway.

yeah this orbit bug thing is pretty harsh. 

is there any reason why kerbin needs to orbit sonnah? everything in my tracking station says its orbiting sonnah instead of kerbin.  appears that the orbit decay fix squad uses needs the original sun kerbin relationship in the data for some reason. why not keep the original body references as stock but add the other planets either orbiting the originals and yes i know not realistic but neither is lil green guys with huge foreheads flying rockets. i think everyone would rather have this work instead of being astronomically accurate. put sonnah in a retrograde orbit around kerbin that way visually it looks like kerbin is orbiting sonnah and so on so forth for the rest of them. this mod looks great and i would love to be able to use it. 

On 9/10/2016 at 4:37 AM, Sigma88 said:

that section doesn't necessarily contain all the issues.

feel free to add one if the github issues system is a better way for you to track those kind of things :wink:

? No, I just think any issues should be on github, but I'm also not as familiar with the zeitgeist regarding error reporting in this particular modding community. Dwarf Fortress is small enough that it's a person-by-person basis (I personally prefer github issues), but KSP seems to have a good deal of sort of unspoken agreed-upon standards for a variety of things and I don't particularly want to stomp around and yell that people should do it my way.

I guess the way I asked the question sounded more like "why aren't you putting it on there" than the literal "why isn't it on there", huh.

23 minutes ago, Putnam said:

? No, I just think any issues should be on github, but I'm also not as familiar with the zeitgeist regarding error reporting in this particular modding community. Dwarf Fortress is small enough that it's a person-by-person basis (I personally prefer github issues), but KSP seems to have a good deal of sort of unspoken agreed-upon standards for a variety of things and I don't particularly want to stomp around and yell that people should do it my way.

I guess the way I asked the question sounded more like "why aren't you putting it on there" than the literal "why isn't it on there", huh.

To be honest the community here is pretty awesome, most things can be sorted just by reporting it here on the forums in a (polite) message, Sigma was merely suggesting creating a Github issue for a peace of mind kind of thing. Sometimes people don't realize things have been reported/being worked on already, and certain issues can take a long time to fix due to the game's messy code, but the bugs are normally fixed when they appear :wink:

Although i missed what the actual issue is due the the thread being cleaned, , I'm sure it's either on my never ending to-do list, or Thomas's Kopernicus list.

It's the issue where any objects in orbit around Kerbin tend to end up with severe orbital decay due to issues with reparenting Kerbin, which is almost definitely a problem with Kopernicus and not something I would really go here to bother about... in fact, I'd probably end up going and fixing it myself if it really bothered me, though that's really more of a personal problem than anything (really, pointing out an issue before going gung-ho to fix it is probably a good idea).