[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

@Putnam there's no rule, usually people are too lazy not inclined to create a github account and post issues there.

most users rather post issues in the forum thread because they most likely already have an account on the forum.

If you feel more comfortable with github issues I don't think anyone has problems with you opening them, in my opinion they are better since you can keep track of them easily, but that's just personal preference.

usually if you want to increase the chance of your bug being looked at a good thing is include all the information possible, you can read all about that some posts above this one when I was explaining which files to give for a proper bug report.

for this specific bug (the orbital decay when in orbit around kerbin in NH):

I can confirm this is a kopernicus bug and not a new horizons bug, it happens always when kerbin gets reparented (referenceBody != the center of the universe)

I have already taken the time of providing thomas all the files he needed to understand the issue, so you don't need to worry about that.

also, I would suggest you to at least wait untill 1.2 before attempting to fix the issue yourself, so you don't run the risk of making a fix that gets broken immediately after 1.2 gets released :wink:

Hi, does your mod support Karbonite+? I'm looking for Karborundum on the new planets introduced by New Horizon, but it seems K+ is not procedurally generated like ore at the start of each game, but placed specifically only on Eve and Eeloo. Are you planning to introduce karborundum on any of the new planets?

8 minutes ago, ryan andrade said:

the planets doesnt appear i use 1.2. pls help

Quoting @sarbian: No logs -> no support.

While I find that a bit of a rough way to say it, it's true - we'll need to know more to determine the cause of the problem. A good start would be uploading your modulemanager log and your ksp log.

But first, are you certain that you installed the mod (and it's dependencies) correctly?

Furthermore, you really shouldn't be using 1.2 for playing, there's a reason why it's in testing, it's not finished. In fact, I'd be surprised if the planets had shown up. Don't expect many mods to work with 1.2 yet.

That brings me to another point - are you certain that the version of Kopernicus you installed works with 1.2? I'm not even sure if there's a 1.2 version yet.

55 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Quoting @sarbian: No logs -> no support.

While I find that a bit of a rough way to say it, it's true - we'll need to know more to determine the cause of the problem. A good start would be uploading your modulemanager log and your ksp log.

But first, are you certain that you installed the mod (and it's dependencies) correctly?

Furthermore, you really shouldn't be using 1.2 for playing, there's a reason why it's in testing, it's not finished. In fact, I'd be surprised if the planets had shown up. Don't expect many mods to work with 1.2 yet.

That brings me to another point - are you certain that the version of Kopernicus you installed works with 1.2? I'm not even sure if there's a 1.2 version yet.

i using 1.2 its wainting update 1.2 i say so.

35 minutes ago, ryan andrade said:

i using 1.2 its wainting update 1.2 i say so.

New Horizons does not work on 1.2

use 1.1.2 or be patient for an update to be released.

keep in mind that asking for updates can be reported to moderators for breaking rule 2.3.f

On 26/09/2016 at 7:20 PM, Sigma88 said:

New Horizons does not work on 1.2

use 1.1.2 or be patient for an update to be released.

keep in mind that asking for updates can be reported to moderators for breaking rule 2.3.f

ahh! that planets does not appear

and just over to waint update 1.2 right now

Edited by ryan andrade

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I started playing this mod and I really enjoy it. However, Serran looks different in my game than in all the pictures and videos I’ve seen of it. I’m not sure if its texture was changed in an update or if my game is bugged because Sonnah’s texture is not correct when I look at it in the main menu but it looks fine in-game and in the map view.

Here is what Sonnah looks like:

Spoiler

After taking this picture I resumed my save and when I returned to the menu it was fixed, but closing the game and opening it again made the glitch come back.

This is what Serran looks like in my game:

Spoiler

Could you please explain whether this is a bug or a new texture? Serran is one of my favorite objects in this mod, and I would want to make sure if this is a bug or not before traveling there.

14 hours ago, lnanson said:

Hi. I started playing this mod and I really enjoy it. However, Serran looks different in my game than in all the pictures and videos I’ve seen of it. I’m not sure if its texture was changed in an update or if my game is bugged because Sonnah’s texture is not correct when I look at it in the main menu but it looks fine in-game and in the map view.

Here is what Sonnah looks like:

Hide contents

After taking this picture I resumed my save and when I returned to the menu it was fixed, but closing the game and opening it again made the glitch come back.

This is what Serran looks like in my game:

Hide contents

Could you please explain whether this is a bug or a new texture? Serran is one of my favorite objects in this mod, and I would want to make sure if this is a bug or not before traveling there.

is it just me or do those pics not load? :confused:

15 hours ago, KillAshley said:

is it just me or do those pics not load? :confused:

15 hours ago, ISE said:

They do not load for me either. 

Oh, I must have not uploaded them correctly. This is the first time I try to upload pictures on this forum and I couldn’t find any way to add pictures other than copying and pasting them in the message, using spoiler boxes. It showed up on my computer, but I guess that’s not how it’s supposed to be done. Could you please explain how to upload the pictures?

The community library says that New Horizons has been updated to 1.2 But the link takes me to the 1.1.2 release. I am guessing the library is wrong but I'd like to make sure. if New Horizons has been updated to 1.2 could someone direct me to the proper like. TY

Edited by Verdigo 1

On October 22, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Verdigo 1 said:

The community library says that New Horizons has been updated to 1.2 But the link takes me to the 1.1.2 release. I am guessing the library is wrong but I'd like to make sure. if New Horizons has been updated to 1.2 could someone direct me to the proper like. TY

That's because New Horizons works in 1.2, although it has some issues due to reparenting Kerbin. I'd just wait until the offical 1.2 release of New Horizons before playing it again.

Edited by FunnelVortex

23 minutes ago, lnanson said:

Hi again. Sorry for the delay. I tried to import the pictures, but it wouldn't let me. However, I uploaded my original post (with pictures) here:

http://lnanson.blogspot.com/

Thank you for any help.

Sonnah is for sure a bug.

But for Serran, that is just what Serran looks like now. If you want 'pretty blue Serran' back changing the texture's color theme in an image editor is always an option :).

Edited by FunnelVortex

22 hours ago, lnanson said:

Hi again. Sorry for the delay. I tried to import the pictures, but it wouldn't let me. However, I uploaded my original post (with pictures) here:

http://lnanson.blogspot.com/

Thank you for any help.

Sonnah works fine ingame. It's only the main menu screen that sometimes (but not always) does weird things. Just ignore it. :P

11 minutes ago, Malich said:

Will the 1.2 release when it comes have an inbuilt fix / patch for the kerbin re-parent bug?

That's a Kopernicus bug, not a New Horizons bug. Might want to ask over there.

Mind you, I just brought this up today myself, and was asked to test it, since nobody else had. As far as I can see, it's not fixed. :( (Unless there really is something newly introduced that KillAshley can change in his configs in order to achieve the same reparenting effect in a different manner.)