[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

6 hours ago, Valles Marineris said:

Very nice work !

Sorry if the question has already been asked but will there be an update for Scatterer and any add on for clouds?

Thank you in advance

@Nansuchao is working on it. He's waiting for the offical 1.2 release of New Horizons before he releases the EVE/Scatterer configs.

2 hours ago, Lemcal Kerman said:

I'm only using this mod and Kopernicus at KSP version 1.1.0

Which version of Kopernicus? Which version of New Horizons?

Kopernicus disables itself if run in a version of KSP it wasn't built for. At least, it did for the versions you're talking about. Example: Kopernicus 1.0.3 was the first version built for KSP 1.1.2, so running that version (or later) of Kopernicus in KSP 1.1.0 will not work. I'm not sure where you can find a KSP 1.1.2 version, but the latest version of NH (v2.0) was built for the (coincidentally numbered) version 1.1.2 of Kopernicus running in KSP 1.1.2.

Just tried out New Horizons with the latest Kopernicus release. After patching kerbin.cfg, my somewhat limited testing indicates that everything is working as expected!

Although I'd recommend waiting for the official New Horizons patch, if anyone wants to manually patch and test a bit more, you can replace the contents of your kerbing.cfg in the New Horizons folder with the following:

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[!GalacticNeighborhood]:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @Properties
        {
            sphereOfInfluence = 6000000
            initialRotation = 55
        }
        @Orbit
        {
            semiMajorAxis = 5.4302e+7
            inclination = 0
            eccentricity = 0
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 0
        }
        PostSpawnOrbit
        {
            referenceBody = Sonnah
        }
    }
}

I think the other planets/moons do not need to be patched. I only tried the Mun, but patching it in a similar manner resulted in being unable to enter its SOI (not sure if that is intended behavior). I haven't tested with bodies other than Kerbin/Mun (and Sonnah, to the extent needed to get from Kerbin to Mun).

• 4 weeks later...

It's Coming!!!! This mod is what gave me thought into what if earth were in orbit around a Saturn-like Gas giant. Can't wait for the next edition of this mod.

You rule @KillAshley! You have always been my favourite Custom Kerbol System creator.

8 hours ago, Jebadiah Kerban said:

is it updated for 1.2?

looking really nice

Not officially, but it will still work in 1.2 as long as you have the latest version of Kopernicus (using it in 1.2 right now). 

But while the planet pack is still playable, it has some drawbacks but nothing too game breaking. For one, trying to apply Scatterer and EVE configs won't work until it is updated to 1.2, and there is a bug where all you see is a void when you're in the KSC overview (although forum user @ayli posted a config in the thread above that fixes this issue).

Wow, KSP has changed. All these new menu options and settings, 64-bit native support! The thing that really surprised me was how much New Horizons has changed though, I didn't expect much more than texture and terrain changes with the improvement of Kopernicus. I dusted off my old game and can't really see myself continuing it, NH today isn't the same as 15 months ago. I do have over 100 hours of footage though and I might as well finish what I started (in some sense at least)! I may see how successful I am at getting a sept 2015 version of NH and Kopernius running in a 12/26/16 newly modded version of current KSP haha.

Just now, Malich said:

Welp, KSP just ate my current save game so i think I shall wait for NH to update and then start again when it does!

First rule of modding: always back up your saves.

I'm not sure why that's not so commonly known here, I used to install Minecraft mods back when I still played that, and every mod I downloaded had it posted in a font size of at least 70: "WHATEVER YOU DO, ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR SAVES"

If I may ask, how did KSP 'eat' your current save game?