[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

49 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

no idea when though....

ok but yeah updates already there for all, any bug reports please be sure to let me know in an appropriate manner and ill get it fixed.

Using the New Horizons master branch and the latest Kopernicus (version 1.3.0-2), the console gets quite a lot of errors once the main menu loads.

"Warning: Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs [(insert name of celestial body)]"

"Error: [Kopernicus] Could not find built-in texture 05_NORMAL"

"Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

These get repeated about 20 times each in the split second after the main menu loads. They don't seem to be problems because everything works fine in-game, and no errors or exceptions are thrown after that. I've been messing around with it for a few hours, and nothing notable has happened yet, despite me trying to break stuff. It seems to be good to go for a 1.3 release if those errors don't matter.

Edited by Micro753

1 minute ago, Micro753 said:

Using the New Horizons master branch and the latest Kopernicus (version 1.3.0-2), the console gets quite a lot of errors once the main menu loads.

"Warning: Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs (insert name of celestial body)"

"Error: [Kopernicus] Could not find built-in texture 05_NORMAL"

"Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

These get repeated about 20 times each in the split second after the main menu loads. They don't seem to be problems because everything works fine in-game, and no errors or exceptions are thrown after that. I've been messing around with it for a few hours, and nothing notable has happened yet, despite me trying to break stuff. It seems to be good to go for a 1.3 release if those errors don't matter.

cool, thats an easy fix. keep trying to break it

13 hours ago, KillAshley said:

no idea when though....

ok but yeah updates already there for all, any bug reports please be sure to let me know in an appropriate manner and ill get it fixed.

Bugs? Meh, the only one i have seen is that the spacecenter is gone, although it's a known one i guess? :D

P.S. I already found out that the old version (KSP 1.1.2) NH could work as long you use Kopernicus-Master :wink:

10 hours ago, Blacks said:

Hello there a small issue:
Dependency: > Kopernicus = Link broken "Invalid thread: 114649"

cheers

You need to use Kopernicus-Master. idk why but its required.

11 hours ago, Blacks said:

Hello there a small issue:
Dependency: > Kopernicus = Link broken "Invalid thread: 114649"

cheers

sorry, didnt realize i never updated the link to the thread. was so long ago when the thread changed it didnt cross my mind to check. updated OP, and if you still need it here's the link

2 hours ago, captspiff said:

Just loaded the mod into 1.3. Seems to be installed correctly but now the main menu buttons do not work. They appear, they are just not interactive (selectable). Any suggestions? 

odd, havent seen that in a very long time. are you using the correct kopernicus version? (v1.3.0-2) and has the main menu background planet changed to the blue gas giant?

1 hour ago, KillAshley said:

sorry, didnt realize i never updated the link to the thread. was so long ago when the thread changed it didnt cross my mind to check. updated OP, and if you still need it here's the link

odd, havent seen that in a very long time. are you using the correct kopernicus version? (v1.3.0-2) and has the main menu background planet changed to the blue gas giant?

I pulled Kopernicus directly from the most recent update on the forum. The planet in the background is yellow(ish) with blue rings actually.

Just installed NH and Transfer Window Planner doesn't seem to be working entirely. If I'm asking for a transfer window from Kerbin, the only options are the other moons of Sonnah and I don't actually get porkchop plots for those. The plot window just shows grey. If I switch to Sonnah as my origin, then TWP seems happy.

Is this a new issue or an old one? Any advice would be appreciated :)

49 minutes ago, Tyko said:

If I'm asking for a transfer window from Kerbin, the only options are the other moons of Sonnah

That part is a limitation of Transfer Window Planner. It can only handle transfers between two parents of the same body, for example two planets of the Sun or two moons of Sonnah. (Similarly, in the stock system TWP could not give you a transfer from Laythe to Kerbin.)

9 hours ago, captspiff said:

I pulled Kopernicus directly from the most recent update on the forum. The planet in the background is yellow(ish) with blue rings actually.

sounds like some kind of install error, either way, if you send me your /logs/ folder in a .zip i should be able to tell you what the issue is.

21 minutes ago, captspiff said:

Here is the KSP Log. Hopefully it is just user error... Thanks!

I think this is a common issue for mac and linux users.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the only solution is change textures to png

try this patch, maybe it helps:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	%useOnDemand = False
}

put that into a .cfg file, in your GameData folder.

if this doesn't help, then you'll need to convert all textures to png

EDIT: it's either change dds to png or move textures out of PluginData, not sure wich one

Edited by Sigma88

Super pleased to see this make a return! :) Most solar system reworks feel surprisingly similar to stock until the mid/late game, since they usually all stick to the same "Kerbin has one easy moon and one slightly more difficult moon" formula. Galileo's pack mixes it up a bit with the non-equatorial launch site, but in my opinion only New Horizons gives you a truly distinct earlygame experience.

Thank you for a really beautifull and good mod.
- I did not read all the previous forum pages.

But i like to suggest that the "lightning" effect on all planets need to be adjusted a bit.
- There need to be less lightning ( example 50% less )
- The speed the lightning is repeated need to be lowered, there are simply to much lightning and to often, and to close to each other.
   It feel like "to much" is happening.

Other than that love the mod :-)

@Peder New Horizons is a planet pack. It doesn't ship weather effects. What you are seeing is either from a different mod you installed, or it's a graphics glitch making textures flicker. I think Scott Manley had that in one of his videos too, unless I mixed him up with a different youtuber...

(I wish I had a memory)

On 07/06/2017 at 7:03 PM, Peder said:

Thank you for a really beautifull and good mod.
- I did not read all the previous forum pages.

But i like to suggest that the "lightning" effect on all planets need to be adjusted a bit.
- There need to be less lightning ( example 50% less )
- The speed the lightning is repeated need to be lowered, there are simply to much lightning and to often, and to close to each other.
   It feel like "to much" is happening.

Other than that love the mod :-)

definitely sounds like some kind of error, theres no weather effects in the mod. Are you sure it's cause by NH, and if so can you provide screenshots of it?