[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

21 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

i just realized that this mod is not compatible with 1.3.1 so could we please have an update to rectify that? i REALLY love this mod and would like to enjoy it again

It *should* work fine if you use kopernicus 1.3.1-3

I haven't tried but it should be pretty quick to check

Edited by Sigma88

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

It *should* work fine if you use kopernicus 1.3.1-3

I haven't tried but it should be pretty quick to check

i use ckan and it classifies it as incompatible so could the modmaker kindly update this? i really loved boldly going where no kerbal has gone before(the system in the mod is seriously something straight out of star trek which means its awesome)

8 hours ago, dwinget said:

I found this issue recently as well. Kopernicus updated and now my CKAN won't launch. CKAN doesn't like me downgrading Kopernicus. Is there a way to tell CKAN to use a lower version?

as far as I know, KillAshley doesn't manage the ckan files of any of his mods so you should either ask on ckan thread or open an issue on the ksp-ckan/netkan github

34 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

i have no idea how ckan works, and have never used it myself. There is an updates to my github but not an official release yet, which is why ckan is a lower version, hopefully i can release it soon :sticktongue:

Cool. I will wait patiently.

4 hours ago, abda123 said:

I tried starting this, but it keeps saying that kopernicus failed to load the system because of "an exception in the loading process", when I try to start a new game, the game gets stuck at the loading screen, what should I do?

Make sure you have the latest Kopernicus, Module Manager, and New Horizons. If it still happens, then reinstall KSP and try with only New Horizons and its required mods. If it still happens, then post back here with the log files.

Kopernicus has also made some changes in the last few weeks that might have broken New Horizons.  If you are on 1.3.1, try kopernicus v1.3.1-3 

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.1-3 . Also be aware that kopernicus is very sensitive to the version of ksp you are running (they _must_ match).   So if you aren't on 1.3.1, you will need to track down a version of kopernicus that matches your ksp version.

Edited by AVaughan
formatting

Hi,
I played this mod and was really enjoying it. After installing another planet pack and playing with it a while, I forgot about this one. Recently I wanted to start playing this again, so I installed the latest version and was going to start a career save, when I noticed something. The rings for the planets (excluding Arin's) seem different. Sonnah's are pitch black. The only way to tell they're there is by either using Sonnah or the galaxy that is visible in the background as a backlight. Titanus' rings have a brownish yellow color. I just wanted to report this since it seems like a bug to me.

3 hours ago, talkItalk said:

Hi,
I played this mod and was really enjoying it. After installing another planet pack and playing with it a while, I forgot about this one. Recently I wanted to start playing this again, so I installed the latest version and was going to start a career save, when I noticed something. The rings for the planets (excluding Arin's) seem different. Sonnah's are pitch black. The only way to tell they're there is by either using Sonnah or the galaxy that is visible in the background as a backlight. Titanus' rings have a brownish yellow color. I just wanted to report this since it seems like a bug to me.

It's good practice to read back a few pages to see if an issue is known before posting about it. In my post on the previous page, I shared a temporary fix until the next update.

" In Sonnah's config file (New_Horizons\KopernicusFiles\Sonnah) the rings color is "colour = RGBA(0.100, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)" while Arin and Titanus have "color = 0.700, 0.500, 0.300, 1.000". I changed Sonnah's ring color to "color = 0.100, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000" and it looked closer to normal, but it still didn't look quite right. I lowered the green value to 0.800, and now it looks much better."

6 hours ago, Micro753 said:

It's good practice to read back a few pages to see if an issue is known before posting about it. In my post on the previous page, I shared a temporary fix until the next update.

" In Sonnah's config file (New_Horizons\KopernicusFiles\Sonnah) the rings color is "colour = RGBA(0.100, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)" while Arin and Titanus have "color = 0.700, 0.500, 0.300, 1.000". I changed Sonnah's ring color to "color = 0.100, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000" and it looked closer to normal, but it still didn't look quite right. I lowered the green value to 0.800, and now it looks much better."

I was pretty sure I had checked the last three pages, but I guess I got confused with another forum. Anyways, I fixed Titanus' rings as well. Just do the same thing as with Sonnah's, but set the color to "0.800, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000". It looks almost identical to the original, only a little brighter. Just wanted to post this here in case anyone else needs it.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever i try to install new horizons with kopernicus 1.3.1-7 there seems to be a problem with tidus, deleting the moon seems to let me play the game:

//===============================================================================================================//
//=====  Kopernicus 1.3.1-7 - (BuildDate: 25.02.2018 15:53:03; AssemblyHash: vyS77ZIn+vZh7OpwiGVa4mqFEFM=)  =====//
//===============================================================================================================//
[snip] 

Edited by Vanamonde
Log file.

On 24/02/2018 at 4:35 AM, talkItalk said:

~snip~

have you also noticed that this isn't up to date and is actually for 1.3, not 1.3.x?

13 hours ago, CrainFartor said:

~snip~

have you heard of pastebin? or even using dropbox to upload the logs? because it will stop you from creating ridiculously long posts and will make it more likely i will actually respond. apart from that if you want it to work properly, then you will have to downgrade. Like i said above, this is for 1.3, not 1.3.x so dont expect it to work in any other version than 1.3.0 until i update it.

I was working  on an update, but it was being made with an older kopernicus version for 1.3.1, but due to kopernicus updates i was holding off on doing more work on it as it would've needed changing with the kopernicus updates anyway

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 11:56 PM, KillAshley said:

was working  on an update, but it was being made with an older kopernicus version for 1.3.1, but due to kopernicus updates i was holding off on doing more work on it as it would've needed changing with the kopernicus updates anyway

Terribly, terribly sorry to be the guy who asks the most annoying question in the world, but now that Kopernicus has an official 1.4.2 release, will this mod be updated any time soon?

I've managed to get the pack to load with 1.4's Kopernicus with only a minor config change for Tidus. I would recommend getting the latest New Horizons source by downloading it from the github page with the "Clone or download" button and installing only the New_Horizons folder to GameData. Find your KSP directory and go to GameData\New_Horizons\KopernicusFiles\Vanor\Tidus.cfg and comment or delete the following block of config:

SharpnessNoise
					{
						seed = 11746
						deformity = 0.00100000004749745
						octaves = 4
						persistance = 0.5
						frequency = 0.5
						//Noise
						//{
						//	frequency = 0.5
						//	lacunarity = 0.5
						//	quality = High
						//	octaveCount = 4
						//	seed = 33127
						//}
					}

If not commented, that Noise block will cause Kopernicus to throw an Array out of bounds exception and causes planet loading to fail.

After this change I was able to start a new save and look at the New Horizons system in the tracking station, including Tidus which seems to look fine. A quick launch of a test vehicle also didn't reveal any problems. Tidus might not completely be its usual self (I haven't gone there to verify) but at least we can play in New Horizons again. :)

Edited by Lyneira

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can make compatibility patches for several planet packs at once
(If you've seen my "How many planet packs can you have in a single KSP save" post, you know I have experience with this stuff.) :P 

also,

**OVERSIGHT REPORT**

Derso doesn't have a texture in the latest release, it just has Gilly's texture.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:28 PM, Alaygrounds said:

I can make compatibility patches for several planet packs at once
(If you've seen my "How many planet packs can you have in a single KSP save" post, you know I have experience with this stuff.) :P 

also,

**OVERSIGHT REPORT**

Derso doesn't have a texture in the latest release, it just has Gilly's texture.

I noticed that too.  New Horizons version 1.7 has the texture maps in it.  Perhaps it would be possible to just delete the Derso.cfg file and then paste in the one from 1.7 + the texture files?  I decided not to attempt it on my save because I have already orbited the version with the gilly Texture and collected data from space.  Not sure what it would do to my game if I changed a planet mid game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Quite a few posts have been removed from this thread, due to unfortunately poor judgment on the part of multiple people.  Someone demanded something they shouldn't have, and then multiple people who should have known better piled on to yell at the person rather than simply reporting the post, as we all know would have been the correct reaction, right?

I'm sure we all know the forum rules because we agreed to them when we joined the forum (right?), but perhaps a quick refresher is in order:

• Do not demand new content from modders.
    • Modders put in lots of hard and thankless work, for free, to give everyone shiny new toys, for free.  They don't owe you anything.
    • It's incredibly rude and inappropriate to demand more free stuff from them.  It's also against the forum rules (2.2.p).
    • It's fine to express appreciation, and to politely and non-demandingly ask questions, e.g. "Wow, great mod, I'm having so much fun!  Thank you for making this.  Are there any plans to add any more planets?"
    • It's not okay to make demands, such as "Moar plernerts plz?"  This is bad.  Don't do it.
  • Do not deliberately post l33t-speak or other deliberately cutesy language.
    • We understand that it's easy to make accidental errors-- for one thing, lots of folks native language isn't English, and we welcome everyone.  If your English isn't perfect, that's fine!
    • However, it's very much not okay to deliberately obscure your language.
    • Saying something like "Moar plenerts plz" isn't "cute" or "funny".  It's simply annoying to everyone.  It also makes your post hard to read for the many forum users whose native language isn't English.  It's also against the forum rules (2.3.b).
  • Stay on-topic.
    • The purpose of a mod's thread is to discuss that mod.
    • Don't derail a thread by posting irrelevant fluff that's not related to the topic at hand.  It annoys everyone.  It's also against the forum rules (2.2.0).
    • It's especially inappropriate to derail a mod's thread with off-topic stuff.  Mod creators put a lot of work into their mods, and they generally put a lot of work into maintaining their mod's thread, too, so as to keep it a welcoming and helpful place for their users.  Going into their threads and spamming off-topic nonsense is like going into someone's house and dumping trash on their floor.  It's in very poor taste.
    • In particular... don't make posts just to say how cool you think some other mod is.  If you like another mod and want to talk about it, great!  But don't do it here.  This thread's about this mod.
  • Do not ask for things that are already explained.
    • It's rude.  Don't do it, please.
    • For example, don't demand screenshots when the main post for the thread already has a "Screenshots section" with a comment from the author saying "Screenshots from v2.0 will be uploaded soon, please have patience."  He's already asked for your patience.  Politely.  Rudely failing to provide such patience is a poor way to show appreciation to someone who is giving you shiny new toys for free.
  • Do not backseat moderate.
    • You're not a moderator.  It's not your place to tell anyone else on the forum what to do or what not to do, no matter how irritating you think they are.
    • Trying to enforce rules on other people is called "backseat moderating", and it's against the forum rules (3.2).
    • It's against the rules for the excellent reason that it never helps and only makes things worse.  Yelling at someone for being unreasonable-- even if you're right-- won't make them stop being unreasonable.  It will just make them yell back at you, and then a flame war ensues and everybody loses.
    • So, don't do it.  If you see someone behaving in a way that seems to you to be inappropriate forum behavior, please just report the post and do not otherwise respond.  That will ping the moderator team, and we will take a look and adjust anything (or anyone) that needs adjusting.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Horizons IS WORKING on KSP 1.4.5 and Kopernicus 1.4.5.4. All you need to do is to apply the Tidus fix from Lyneira and to make sure Making History is not Installed. If I would make a bet on the reason, I would place my coins on the code that checks for the Making History halting up while trying to place the new launching sites on a reparented Kerbin. (again, this is a guess - I didn't check this).

2018-0902_NewHorizons-on_KSP145.png