[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

The cloud layers I made are made using ksprc. I wouldn't know if they work without it, however ksprc works if you update it's dependencies. I just don't have the time to create custom clouds as I'd like to...maybe in the future, or if anyone one else wants to give it a go :wink:

I haven't updated it in a while though, so there could be missing planets

Just a quick update to let people know I'm still working on polishing New Horizons. So far for the next update I have done the following;

• Fixed planets being blindingly bright at midday (my mistake, set the ambient color too bright)
  • Fixed Titanus's horizon from being glaringly bright to a more suitable view
  • Atmospheres are now curved correctly along with correctly scaled temperature curves.
  • Tweaked the planetshine config to correct numbers (whoops)
  • Fixed atmosphere color gradients to a more aesthetically pleasing view
  • Increased atmosphere heights for Serran, Arin and Lave by around 10km
  • Slightly increased pressure on Serran, Arin and Lave to help with aerocaptures.
  • Added optional configs for keeping Kerbin as it's own parent, moving Sonnah to parent Laythe
  • Added optional config for adding mun to Kerbin's SOI, moving Kerbing further out and swapping Serran to Kerbin's orbit (requested config for contract pack compatibility)
  • Initial framework for custom star completed.

I don't necessarily want to put out another update until Kopernicus releases it's new stable 0.0.7 version, as it adds a lot of new features, especially for custom stars, that i would like to add in. So we will have to wait and see what happens. Also having alot of trouble with custom added resources hitting me with errors, but I'm still trying to get them all done.

With what kind of program do you make this planets? And is it possible to export planets from Space Engine in the program?

- - - Updated - - -

I just relized this is a community project... AWSOME! :D

technically this is just something i do to kill time when none of my clans online, rather than a community project :wink:

Space engine exports can be used, but it's much better to customize the planets yourself. Most of mine were started in space engine then edited to how i wanted them. Still not happy with a couple planets, but Ill get onto them soon...

Just a quick update to let people know I'm still working on polishing New Horizons. So far for the next update I have done the following;

• Fixed planets being blindingly bright at midday (my mistake, set the ambient color too bright)
  • Fixed Titanus's horizon from being glaringly bright to a more suitable view
  • Atmospheres are now curved correctly along with correctly scaled temperature curves.
  • Tweaked the planetshine config to correct numbers (whoops)
  • Fixed atmosphere color gradients to a more aesthetically pleasing view
  • Increased atmosphere heights for Serran, Arin and Lave by around 10km
  • Slightly increased pressure on Serran, Arin and Lave to help with aerocaptures.
  • Added optional configs for keeping Kerbin as it's own parent, moving Sonnah to parent Laythe
  • Added optional config for adding mun to Kerbin's SOI, moving Kerbing further out and swapping Serran to Kerbin's orbit (requested config for contract pack compatibility)
  • Initial framework for custom star completed.

I don't necessarily want to put out another update until Kopernicus releases it's new stable 0.0.7 version, as it adds a lot of new features, especially for custom stars, that i would like to add in. So we will have to wait and see what happens. Also having alot of trouble with custom added resources hitting me with errors, but I'm still trying to get them all done.

It all sounds great, looking forward to that custom star!

yeah kerbal stuff no longer lets me upload files, ill delete the mod off there so it's less confusing...btw, theres a way to get OPM AND New Horizons working together but its a secret for the time being :wink:

anyway thanks dude!

Awesome, because the first time i had this, whem it was really buggy i had opm amd this, anyway good luck! Also glad to see you went through with this because i half expected this not to make it very far. Just because thats how many mods end.... anyway, good luck!

Thanks for letting me know, I forgot to test ernus since 1.0 hit, I'll make sure it's moved outwards for the next update. Props for trying though, Ernus was made to be VERY unforgiving, but I didn't test the solar temperatures since updating.

I'll have a look for that escape trajectory bug, what other mods do you have? Just so I can rule out incompatibilities...

I am glad to see your mod is going great. Thanks again for helping me with that mod one time. Now I am fully able to make planets and even textures myself! :D Although, I don't because it is giving me difficulties. I use KopernicusTech, but heard stand alone Kopernicus is better. How do I use it though?

I am glad to see your mod is going great. Thanks again for helping me with that mod one time. Now I am fully able to make planets and even textures myself! :D Although, I don't because it is giving me difficulties. I use KopernicusTech, but heard stand alone Kopernicus is better. How do I use it though?

kopernicustech is made for 0.90 and is lacking alot of features that kopernicus has. Unfortunately theres no guide for kopernicus at the moment, best of luck though.

I have, scansat, hyper edit, kerbin side, new horizens (duh) :) kis/kas, dmagic orbital science, dangit, atmosphere trajectorys (suspect) and kerbal alarm clock

Thanks, I'll get bug hunting when i have a bit of time free.

This is hands down the greatest mod I have ever downloaded! THANKS!!!!!

:blush: thanks bro. Still plenty of work to do, so keep an eye on it in the future...BIG changes coming soon :wink:

I know that, buddy :wink: that is exactly what I'm currently editing lol!

I'm gonna put out a quick update hopefully tomorrow (without the new sun & orbits for now) that will fix it's orbit, along with ALOT of other bugs (including the full atmosphere release so no more WIP atmospheres!). Check back tomorrow night and it should be online

I've been thinking about doing a modded-planet career mode. I think that this might be what I'll use.

Also, unless you can modify the color of the light from the sun, I'd keep the sun as it is now, or make it a white dwarf. It would be kind of weird to have yellow light coming from a blue star.