[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

It is not recommended to update Kopernicus if the mod isn't build for it.

Updating it is on own risk.

correct! guys give me a day or two to smash out the fixes and get this sorted for the new kopernicus version before updating to 0.3. It's built using 0.2.4 so updating can and will have some side effects :wink:

On the up side, if Kopernicus have produced a fix for the Mun orbit bug in NH, we'll all be happier :) Sure, you can always HyperEdit stuff back into place, but that's assuming it hasn't smashed into something else and blown up while you weren't looking...

To be honest the mun bug is still a mystery to this day. I can never reliably replicate it no matter what I do. I even have approx 70 probes orbiting mun that have been happily orbiting without issues since around v1.2-1.3 in my main dev version that I make all my changes in:confused:

I'm still seeing what I can do to help it though...

To be honest the mun bug is still a mystery to this day. I can never reliably replicate it no matter what I do. I even have approx 70 probes orbiting mun that have been happily orbiting without issues since around v1.2-1.3 in my main dev version that I make all my changes in:confused:

I'm still seeing what I can do to help it though...

I wanted to check out this bug too, the thing I'd like to know is, have anyone seen the bug with only NH installed?

(no other planet packs, or rescale packs like kerbol2x)

I've only had this issue once and it was more than just a Mun de-orbit, the velocities of every ship I had in play (6-7) was bumped up or down by several thousand dV. This happened when I updated both NH and Kopernicus at the same time. The change in velocities made me think that maybe the ships had been loaded from the persistent file and inherited the speed that they would have at that distance from the Sun (IE default config of Kerbol system), before Kopernicus might have rebuilt the files for the planets they had initially been orbiting (in an alternate system).

I have a test save with probes orbiting bodies as well as in the same orbit as those bodies (IE orbiting Mun and also in the same orbit as Mun). The craft names are the orbital information, PE/AP/Velocity, so I can easily see if they have been changed at all. In a test install of KSP with just NH+Kopernicus I have not been able to break these orbits on purpose. I can cleanly update From NH 1.6.1 to 1.6.3 and/or Kopernicus 0.2.4 to 0.3.1 with any version in between and everything stays as it should. I even tried rolling back a version or two and it did not change my orbits.

I can see why this issue still persists. My next test is to try updating older versions of NH+Kopernicus to newer versions on a Wednesday while standing on one foot and loading KSP onto my rightside monitor- it becomes difficult to account for all the variables.

@Sigma88: I do not have any other planet or rescale packs.

I wanted to check out this bug too, the thing I'd like to know is, have anyone seen the bug with only NH installed?

I have a lot of mods, but only NH uses Kopernicus. I actually just had it happen again yesterday. I sent up a unmanned space station for a contract. Continue playing the game and go to the tracking station only to discover that the station no longer exists. It didn't just escape orbit, it must have hit a planet or something.

Maybe there is something special with my install or something as I can't keep anything around the Mun...

I have a lot of mods, but only NH uses Kopernicus. I actually just had it happen again yesterday. I sent up a unmanned space station for a contract. Continue playing the game and go to the tracking station only to discover that the station no longer exists. It didn't just escape orbit, it must have hit a planet or something.

Maybe there is something special with my install or something as I can't keep anything around the Mun...

at which altitude was your station parked? that may help me reproduce it :)

Huh, I just witnessed the mun-ejection bug myself. My probe on a low mun polar orbit (between 10 and 20 km) got ejected out to a Sonnah Escape trajectory, only managed to notice it as it almost left the SoI (luckily Hyperedit came to the rescue)

While I do have a lot of mods installed, the only planets are from NH and NH alone (I don't even have Joint Reinforcements installed, which was causing me other orbital issues before)

Huh, I just witnessed the mun-ejection bug myself. My probe on a low mun polar orbit (between 10 and 20 km) got ejected out to a Sonnah Escape trajectory, only managed to notice it as it almost left the SoI (luckily Hyperedit came to the rescue)

While I do have a lot of mods installed, the only planets are from NH and NH alone (I don't even have Joint Reinforcements installed, which was causing me other orbital issues before)

where you focussed on that probe or in the tracking station?

at which altitude was your station parked? that may help me reproduce it :)

Shoot I don't remember. I figured the station would eject so I didn't pay much attention to it. I want to say it was a pretty low orbit. 30-70km pretty close to the equator. The manned pod that ejected two days ago was in a 20 degree inclined orbit at about 30-40km high.

I could try to reproduce it tonight if wanted.

Shoot I don't remember. I figured the station would eject so I didn't pay much attention to it. I want to say it was a pretty low orbit. 30-70km pretty close to the equator. The manned pod that ejected two days ago was in a 20 degree inclined orbit at about 30-40km high.

I could try to reproduce it tonight if wanted.

does this happen while you're focussed on it or while you are in the tracking station?

Never seen it while focused. I'm not sure if it happened while warping at the tracking station, or while piloting other ships. If I could hazard a guess I would say both, though I normally notice it from the tracking station.. I do have Kerbal Construction Time so I tend to do a lot of warping.

Never seen it while focused. I'm not sure if it happened while warping at the tracking station, or while piloting other ships. If I could hazard a guess I would say both, though I normally notice it from the tracking station.. I do have Kerbal Construction Time so I tend to do a lot of warping.

nice, I'll take a look this evening.

did anyone had this issue without using KCT?

KCT doesn't affect anything as already mentioned in this thread, the Kopernicus thread and github. This is a Kopernicus bug when Kerbin is reparented

I definitely didn't think KCT had anything to do with it. I just mentioned it because since I have it I do more warping than most people.

Well the known bug about warping is when you warp in the space center and then launch a craft via the launchpad it ruins the surface PQS.

I don't know if warping in the tracking station can also cause issues.

Yeah I run into that all the time. Though sometimes I get screwed up terrain even if I didn't warp.

I've also had this issue with no other planet packs installed. The first probe I ever sent to the Mun got ejected into solar orbit. I would find that my Munar research station (which I initially parked at 45km x 45km orbit) was constantly changing it's orbit when I would load the game. I could leave the game with it in a 30x55 orbit, exit the game, and when I'd start it up again the station would be in a different orbit. It never changed inclination, only AP/PE. It did eventually get thrown out into solar orbit but I had already evacuated it by that point. Now it's an abandoned Solar Research Station.

I've also had this issue with no other planet packs installed. The first probe I ever sent to the Mun got ejected into solar orbit. I would find that my Munar research station (which I initially parked at 45km x 45km orbit) was constantly changing it's orbit when I would load the game. I could leave the game with it in a 30x55 orbit, exit the game, and when I'd start it up again the station would be in a different orbit. It never changed inclination, only AP/PE. It did eventually get thrown out into solar orbit but I had already evacuated it by that point. Now it's an abandoned Solar Research Station.

do you still have a quicksave with the station around the mun? if yes, could you pm that to me? so I can check out my theories :)

anyone who may have a save with such an orbit can pm me, I'll give my theories a try when I get home

do you still have a quicksave with the station around the mun? if yes, could you pm that to me? so I can check out my theories :)

anyone who may have a save with such an orbit can pm me, I'll give my theories a try when I get home

I should have one from a point before it got ejected, but I'll have to look when I get home.

Be warned I have a pretty heavily modded game, but I think the station is mostly stock. I may have put an itinerant storage bay or some such thing on it.

DWs6pxS.png

thats by bug catcher that I've had up in my save game for months (i had to reload a quicksave yesterday when i screwed up some things thats why the flight time is only at 38 mins). I'm not too sure if theres some random factor that could contribute to the bug happening, howerv in the last couple months I've never lost a ship to it...and that net has survived numerous tweaks, reinstalls of both NH+kopernicus, installation and removal of other mods and also lots more stuff that i probably forgot about. I move this save game when KSP changed version 3 times, so it even survived all that! If theres a reliable way to force the issue happening I really have no idea