[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

Unfortunately yes I know all about this. This is a bug that has avoided all explanation and has been around since like v1.2 or something....There's no reliable way to replicate the issue as it appears to be completely random, so I can't reliably figure out whats happening.

Didn't the Kopernicus guys recently find something to do with a specific altitude threshold that recalculated the orbit and allowed crazy things to happen?

Didn't the Kopernicus guys recently find something to do with a specific altitude threshold that recalculated the orbit and allowed crazy things to happen?

no, it was a suspicion but nothing has been confirmed. Besides there's a altitude threshold adjustment in the current .cfgs and the bug still exists :confused:

When I found that bug I suggested to KillAshley to include the tweak into his planet to see if that could have been the cause.

People have experienced the issue even with this change, so I'm not sure that is the cause afterall.

My little feedback: looks awesome!

Also it works perfectly fine (so far, just started new game with this and some other mods).

System specs: i5 3570K, 16GB ram, nVidia GTX560 (drivers 340.65 or something)

Mods (installed via CKAN):

"name": "NewHorizons",

"version": "1:1.6.4"

"name": "DeadlyReentry",

"version": "v7.2.2"

"name": "Kopernicus",

"version": "1:beta-04"

"name": "ModuleManager",

"version": "2.6.8"

"name": "PlanetShine",

"version": "0.2.3.1"

"name": "PlanetShine-Config-Default",

"version": "0.2.3.1"

"name": "DistantObject",

"version": "v1.6.2"

"name": "DistantObject-default",

"version": "v1.6.2"

"name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR",

"version": "7-4"

"name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements",

"version": "7-4"

"name": "B9AerospaceProceduralParts",

"version": "0.40"

"name": "FerramAerospaceResearch",

"version": "3:0.15.5.1"

"name": "KAS",

"version": "0.5.4"

"name": "KerbalEngineerRedux",

"version": "1.0.18.0"

"name": "KIS",

"version": "1.2.2"

"name": "KWRocketry",

"version": "2.7.0-community"

"name": "MechJeb2",

"version": "2.5.3"

"name": "MechJebFARExt",

"version": "1.0.0"

"name": "CrossFeedEnabler",

"version": "v3.3"

"name": "ModularFlightIntegrator",

"version": "1.1.1"

"name": "ModuleAnimateEmissive",

"version": "v1.11"

"name": "KWRocketry-CommunityFixes",

"version": "0.3.0"

"name": "RealChute",

"version": "1.3.2.3"

"name": "StageRecovery",

"version": "1.5.7"

"name": "Toolbar",

"version": "1.7.9"

Custom NH clouds (added manually)

So far no problems. CPU (one core) almost always 80-100%, memory used after loading early game ~3,6GB

I'll add it to my to-do list :wink:

Sweet, thanks! Variety is the spice of life, and these collective Kopernicus mods with their lovely Planets (and Moons) are just about the best things ever. My own attempts to combine failed, but I admit that I don't have the chops necessary to make something as advanced as this work -- yet. ;)

working on a new update now guys...I'll let you know when it's finished, but I've finally corrected the planetary normal maps for the pack (thanks to Sigma88). This boosts the visuals of the pack by a HUGE amount. If you want to check this out it's available on my master branch of github right now, or you can wait a few more days while i find time to finish the little things left to do.

Leouch is awesome. That's a word thrown about a lot these days, but this time I really mean it - descending into its abyss truly inspired awe.

21990642599_38c1f01f25_h.jpg

So far I've only been to four of New Horizons' original worlds, and two of those - Serran and Leouch - have been truly special places. I've probably said it before, but I cannot rate this mod highly enough.

Hopefully I'll make Nolas, it's going to be a close thing delta-V wise.

This and OPM... two best mods not just for planets, but over EVERYTHING!! Stock-alike textures, descriptions, configurations oh my! Well done to you and Agustus!

One thing I'd like, make the moons of gas giants tidally locked, just for me...

I think we all want that, not just you!

Thanks guys! Always good to hear! I have tidally locked some of the moons, however I'm hesitant to do it to all of them as you ask. It's relatively simple to edit yourself though, all you need to do is go to the planet's .cfg and find the line that says tidallylocked = false under Properties and change it to true :wink:

Leouch is awesome. That's a word thrown about a lot these days, but this time I really mean it - descending into its abyss truly inspired awe.

So far I've only been to four of New Horizons' original worlds, and two of those - Serran and Leouch - have been truly special places. I've probably said it before, but I cannot rate this mod highly enough.

Hopefully I'll make Nolas, it's going to be a close thing delta-V wise.

Thanks dude!

Ok guys so the update is almost polished, There's only one thing i need to do before I'm going to release - The long avoided Galactic Neighborhood compatibility! NH won't have it's crazy orbits in GN, the custom worlds i created will exist in their own system separate from the stock planets and might be shuffled around a little too to help fill gaps in orbits. Once i find enough time to finalize all of that then I'll upload, hopefully i can find time tomorrow or the day after, but we'll see :wink:

Ok, pushed through the update

v1.6.6 is now live!

-Fixed all normal maps to proper .dds conversion

-Added Arkas support

-Added Urania System support (first draft based off feedback about positioning)

-Removed flightGlobalsIndex numbers

-Added missing Aptur SciDefs

Maybe I did something wrong, but this update put everything I had on and around Serran on Eli, including a space station, a lander, and a SCANSat satellite. It put an Aptur lander on Lave, and destroyed a crewed ship I had in orbit around Aptur (bye, Jeb :( ). I assume the latter event was because Jeb was in too low an orbit around Aptur when I made the update, and he was burned up on rails in the atmosphere. Everything that was around the Mun is just gone - who knows where it went, I didn't have a lander there that would have survived the swap. My stuff around Kerbin seems okay, though.

Edited by Wiseman

Maybe I did something wrong, but this update put everything I had on and around Serran on Eli, including a space station, a lander, and a SCANSat satellite. It put an Aptur lander on Lave, and destroyed a crewed ship I had in orbit around Aptur (bye, Jeb :( ). I assume the latter event was because Jeb was in too low an orbit around Aptur when I made the update, and he was burned up on rails in the atmosphere. Everything that was around the Mun is just gone - who knows where it went, I didn't have a lander there that would have survived the swap. My stuff around Kerbin seems okay, though.

That is the consequence of

It's fixable by checking what the new flightglobals assigned by Kopernicus are, from the Kopernicus log, then going through your save and putting the correct value under REF in the orbit section for each vessel.

v1.6.6 is now live!

-Fixed all normal maps to proper .dds conversion

-Added Arkas support

-Added Urania System support (first draft based off feedback about positioning)

-Added missing Aptur SciDefs

Where do you find the memory space to be compatible with all these mods? :o I've only got about 3 parts packs and NH (and a million UI mods) but I get a max of 2 hours before needing to restart due to that stupid 32 bit limit...

- - - Updated - - -

It's fixable by checking what the new flightglobals assigned by Kopernicus are, from the Kopernicus log, then going through your save and putting the correct value under REF in the orbit section for each vessel.

Aside from the craft that exploded, HyperEdit is probably a quicker option for all the others :)

as it would be horrible to read 136 pages on that thread, i like to ask questions

-on the description is written outerplanets mod support and some other similar stuff.. that means it is included in the new horizon mod in this build or i have to download and install it additional?

-would it be possible to play in career mode, will there be contracts for all these planets?