[Android] New space-related minigame: Kessler Syndrome

blizzy78

Hey, I've made a game again. This time, it's a mini game about the Kessler syndrome, where you try to put as many satellites into orbit as possible.

You can get it for Android here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.blizzy.kesslersyndrome

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/kessler-syndrome/id982835169?mt=8

IBRviz7Esk7TpzCPY2J9wk56YHywJHZTeVu7kmVuUpRpHO_eaYINV-WPib0tyuE3RfY=h310

yxoGUnqLE9QkIBjC4QPpYlzXPvM4fiDxE2f44qQYdArOPdf0XAPcdpfHlTylXsrifAc=h310

Edited by blizzy78

can I play it in my browser?

There is no browser version at this time.

Can you explain what are those gray pulses the satellites sometimes emit?

For now, it's just for atmosphere. In fact they begin to pulse once they reach a certain altitude.

I love it's style, but will there be an option to turn off sound? I prefer having custom music. :)

I can add that in future versions.

Overall, it's mildly addictive and nice simple game (although I'm not sure why is it so large in volume) and I won't delete it. :)

I'd fix one thing - there's a delay between the tap and the "ssh" sound which makes me think about the time when the thrust is applied, at the tap or at the sound? Anyway, that delay shouldn't exist.

If by "volume" you mean size of the install, that's mostly related to the Unity game engine I'm using. It's not really possible to leave things out because it doesn't provide that option. The game code itself and the texture and sound files are rather small.

Regarding the delay, I'd like to remove that as well, but I don't think it can be helped. On Android, the platform itself is inducing some kind of lag for audio playback as far as I know. The touch itself should be registered pretty instantaneously, so that's when the acceleration is applied. I'm triggering the sound effect playback right when the acceleration is applied, and I've also made sure that there is no "silence" at the beginning of the original sound file. So yeah, that's pretty much the story about that :(

I'm glad you like it, though. I wanted for this one to be kind of a "clean" look and feel where you have a "smooth" experience without bumps and corners. Not sure if I can explain it right ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.