How Close are YOU to Your Next Reputation Rank?

michaelsteele3

Number 1 way to not get rep: Put "Feel free to give me some rep! :D" in your sig. IMO, it looks a lot like asking for rep.

It's easy to forget to rep though. I didn't give out a single rep for like. Over a year. Cause I never even thought about it. Till I read someone's sig and realized "oh hey, I should actually rep people when I like the post."

That being said , I'll remove it anyways so I don't seem like I'm asking for rep.

It's easy to forget to rep though. I didn't give out a single rep for like. Over a year. Cause I never even thought about it. Till I read someone's sig and realized "oh hey, I should actually rep people when I like the post."

That being said , I'll remove it anyways so I don't seem like I'm asking for rep.

Maybe an alternative way of reminding people of rep would be to say what type of posts you like to rep, or something like that.

Maybe an alternative way of reminding people of rep would be to say what type of posts you like to rep, or something like that.

Eh, I've had that in my sig for over a year...I'm sure people got the message by now. I'll just leave it to them to give it as they see fit.

53 to go! Still hoping I'll make it to double light green before UpsilonAerospace updates his light-green group list (thus skipping the one-bar list entirely).

Same here! 50 to go, we're in the same boat :P

i'm at 5 points, i got the 5 on my first day on the forum, not got one since.

I think that happens to most new users. A lot of us try to give people their first rep, those grey-out bars are ugly. I always try to push people over to their next bar, managed to do it more than a few times. Creating content (crafts, videos, art, stories) is a good way to get rep. Helpful post's answering game-play questions.. surprisingly not. :/

I'm 10 away from my 3rd bar! :D So close..

Creating content (crafts, videos, art, stories) is a good way to get rep. Helpful post's answering game-play questions.. surprisingly not. :/

I noticed mod creators also receive a lot less love than people that make crafts and such, which seems a bit unfair.

I am still a quite long way off from my next bar, 64 points to be precise.

I noticed mod creators also receive a lot less love than people that make crafts and such, which seems a bit unfair.

It is a bit unfair. I think it happens because someone doesn't really know if a mod is good or not until they try it, at which point the browser might be closed and they would have to make a point to come back and rep them for it. Whereas with craft, videos, and other fanworks the gratification is more immediate and thus more likely to be repped on the spot. So, to anyone reading this, go rep your favorite modder right now. :)

That said, most modders I've interacted with care little about rep, prestige among modders is not formalized with a score. Nor is it on the forum in general really, some of the posters whose opinions I most respect do not have a lot of rep.

That said, most modders I've interacted with care little about rep, prestige among modders is not formalized with a score. Nor is it on the forum in general really, some of the posters whose opinions I most respect do not have a lot of rep.

I agree, reputation is not as valued among modders as it is in other groups, which gladdens me. Attaching value to post numbers or reputation scores has always seemed a race to the bottom, on whichever forum it may occur. However, it does seem a little ungrateful that the folks that spend a lot of time learning tools and then creating high quality content seem less recognized for their work (be it in the form of reputation or otherwise), while people (and I am slightly exaggerating) slapping a couple of craft together get lots of accolades. Though hardly an all encompassing scoring system, a more balanced result would just be a little token of appreciation to modmakers for their efforts and work.

Though I expect it is, for a large part, just a misunderstanding of the efforts involved in creating original content. You see the same in the professional world, where less initiated are generally fairly blasé about things that take a huge amount of experience and/or work to get to that point. A photographer is just a guy that presses a button, which we can all do, and a graphic designer is just a guy with Photoshop and Illustrator installed on his computer, which most of us could do, right? If someone can do it in a couple of hours it cannot be of much value, can it, while forgetting the years of dedication it took to get to that skill level.

Edited by Camacha

Imagine, modders literally have to delve in to learn, understand and do everything for a single purpose: Satisfy the needs of a community.

I don't use mods too frequently, but I really appreciate their work. They spend so much of their day programming, finding issues that players report, all for free. They don't even ask for something as small as a push of a forum button and a little compliment.. They have contributed so much to KSP, It's community, and Squad themselves. They do for free what a corporation would charge tens of dollars for. And I salute them for it.

Oh, oh, on topic:

183 points.. I'M RUNNING FOR YOU, THIRD BAR!

Columbia, I believe in you!

Also, only 7 more :)

Thanks, Zucal!

Have 5 more rep points! Hope you get to that second light-green bar. :)

EDIT: Whoops.. I have to spread it. Wait here.. (Speeds to Spacecraft Exchange)

EDIT 1.(6.35 + 4.65): Welp, while desperately looking for stuff in the forums to rep, this happened: QodG5Dn.png Well, that's what happens when you're looking at the Spacecraft Exchange and KSP Fan works too much.. :P

Edited by Columbia

I think it helps to put something funny or cool in your signature or avatar picture. I have given rep to people because I like their avatar. Doctor Who ones I am really generous towards. I can't deny a fellow whovian.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.