What are your craziest dreams?

Columbia

If you don't mind me changing the subject from crazy dreams to, well, happy-sad dreams... I've posted this elsewhere but I think this fits here as well.

I had a dream a long time ago where I was on board the International Space Station. I know it was a realistic representation because it had Kibo and that little odd cylinder that sticks out of Kibo...

Anyways, I was sitting in the Cupola, strumming the guitar that's up there, staring out at the Earth below, with my crush sitting there with me.

I couldn't remember the rest of it, but even just that is the happiest dream I've ever had. So happy, in fact, that I was unable to will myself to come out of it. I wanted to stay in bed all day and relive what I could. I wanted to go there.

Which is why I got out of bed a few minutes before school started, didn't have breakfast, and just barely didn't make it to class on time, meaning I had a detention (I don't usually get those, everyone was wondering what I was doing in the detention room) and I then proceeded to have the worst day I've ever had in my life. Not because of any huge reason, but the dozens and dozens of small reasons piling on top of each other, over and over, and over again.

That night I had another epic dream. This time it was me with my friends, who were actually being good friends. We were happy, involved, and exploring a gigantic old warehouse full of secrets at every turn in a dramatic hilly green landscape.

Then I woke up again, out of the second most wonderful dream I had, and went to school again. I had a slightly better day than the last, but it was still pretty bad for various reasons.

The next night I had another dream. I do not remember a single moment of it. But I woke up with that feeling - the feeling where you know you just had an amazingly epic and amazing dream. The feeling was stronger than ever before, leading me to think that had I remembered it, it would have been the best dream I have ever had.

And then I had another bad day.

I wish I could just go back into my dreams forever. Real life is too depressing, scary, boring, maddening, and destructive for me to handle at times. I want to go back so badly... Sometimes I feel like I have lived more in those dreams than I have in my entire existence... If only...

But I guess I'm stuck here for now.  :/ Waiting for the next escape from reality...

11 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Not because of any huge reason, but the dozens and dozens of small reasons piling on top of each other, over and over, and over again.

You've basically described my life here. I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder; doing things you would consider normal are... challenging for me, to say the least. Especially when it happens over and over and over again. The same feeling of defeat at the end, the same basic reaction, the same frustration about not making the first steps to break the loop...

It's terrible.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:52 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

Real life is too depressing, scary, boring, maddening, and destructive for me to handle at times. I want to go back so badly... Sometimes I feel like I have lived more in those dreams than I have in my entire existence... If only...

Don't give up on the real world just yet :wink:

I had severe to moderate depression a couple of years ago, so I can understand, in part, what it is you mean. I can also say that, if you feel like life - and the world, in general - is too harsh, unforgiving, or messed up, then you shouldn't abandon it. You're still young, and you still have decades of opportunity to live through your dreams. Seeing life as imperfect is not a sign that you should strive to move away from it. Live to change it, to improve it. If you see something you don't like it, if you experience or go through something that makes you feel cheated, then don't let it go. Take your stand and make the best of what you have. "Be the change you're looking for."

I saw someone post this on Twitter or something, which I found to be quite motivational:

"When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small."

Having realistic dreams for the past week, but there's one thing that I find weird.

All of them, yes ALL of them only have people that I knew from the city I was born and (mostly) raised. I haven't seen them for 3 years, haven't talked to any of them in months, but all of a sudden they've taken over my dreams. I wasn't even thinking about them when it started, and now they've replaced everyone from my current city.

The only theory that I have as for why this happened is that because I'm moving to another state in a few days, I'm for some reason relating it to when I moved out of the city I was born. Even though I wasn't thinking about it.

This happens more than I really want to admit...

But I played KSP all day yesterday doing Emiko screenshots.... and trying to re-work some of the dialog for my next chapter in my head... 

And what happened when I finally shut down and headed to bed???  Yup, you guessed it...

Emiko Dreams!  :D

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

And what happened when I finally shut down and headed to bed???  Yup, you guessed it...

Nice. Also, doesn't this make it easier - now the story writes itself! :P

10 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Nice. Also, doesn't this make it easier - now the story writes itself! :P

Sort of... hehehe. What normally happens is I just sort of pick up where I left off when I was awake, if that makes any sense. And most of the time it just gets silly... But every now and then I dream something cool enough that I immediately write it down when I wake up so I don't forget.

Last night, I dreamed I was floating in space in orbit of some Jupiter-like planet that instead of being in shades of yellows and browns, was in shades of greys with a dark grey storm instead of the giant red storm. I think I have been influenced by @Just Jim's tale involving the magic boulders because I wasn't wearing an EVA suit. :0.0:  :confused:  To be honest, in my dream, space smelled like burnt cookies...

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

So that's what that kind of dream is called!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I dreamt that there was an evil box of cornflakes in my pantry that was going to try to kill my family, so we needed to find a way to destroy it. Simply getting rid of it would not do, because cornflakes are too powerful game would find a way back. I had the idea that we should dissolve them to the molecular level in water, dilute them into many gallons, and spread the water over a large area to kill them.

I do not remember today's dream, but it had 2 do with a restaurant, and old girlfriend who lives on the other side of the world, a bathroom with a wormhole, a Game Theory video, and a Super Mario Odyssey level that was "half lucid"

The thing about dreams that do not let you reconise it as a dream is that logic doesn't work that well. I mean that in my dream, I wasn't surprised at all when I found my friend, or finding a wormhole in the toilets, or making connections in the video that made no sense at all.

I was able to "lucid" the hell out of the dream in the Mario Odyssey part. I dreamt I was replaying a level, and I thought: "This wasn't here in the game, and everything just flattened out in an orange plane as I realized I was dreaming. But the "oniric logic" still applied and instead of making stuff I would want 2 make in a dream, I just made deformations in the plane, and I didn't think of anything else at the time. And then I woke up and realized I wasn't truly lucid dreaming. Too bad.

Does anyone else has this kind of half lucid dreams?

6 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

Yeah, if you're not keeping really attentive during a lucid dream it's easy for it to turn back into a regular dream. What I've found is that if you really get into the dream and don't focus too much on "holy Kraken I'm dreaming and I know it" you can stick around for a while.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:12 PM, qzgy said:

I'm like 80% sure I had a dream about murdering people recently....

I also once had a dream were I murdered a womans husband by a trap door called "the drop" so I could marry her. That was when I was 8 years old...

Edited by DunaManiac

17 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

I do not remember today's dream, but it had 2 do with a restaurant, and old girlfriend who lives on the other side of the world, a bathroom with a wormhole, a Game Theory video, and a Super Mario Odyssey level that was "half lucid"

The thing about dreams that do not let you reconise it as a dream is that logic doesn't work that well. I mean that in my dream, I wasn't surprised at all when I found my friend, or finding a wormhole in the toilets, or making connections in the video that made no sense at all.

I was able to "lucid" the hell out of the dream in the Mario Odyssey part. I dreamt I was replaying a level, and I thought: "This wasn't here in the game, and everything just flattened out in an orange plane as I realized I was dreaming. But the "oniric logic" still applied and instead of making stuff I would want 2 make in a dream, I just made deformations in the plane, and I didn't think of anything else at the time. And then I woke up and realized I wasn't truly lucid dreaming. Too bad.

I basically do this all the time, without the fake knowing part.

I haven't had a nightmare in decades. Whenever something bad happens, I just think "nope" and rewind to make something else happen. And never ever during this do I realize I'm dreaming or even think about it.

Once I had a dream that I was either mobilized, or imprisoned, and had to develop a software.
Sitting in a lab or class room I suddenly realized that I have neither IDE (Borland or others), nor compiler at hands, nor activation for a downloaded one, and can't get out to buy a pirate CD with any.
But then I suddenly got that a year ago I have seen Qt/QtCreator which just had become freeware.
I downloaded it (in my dream) and began studying, calm and happy...

The first thing which I had done when woke up - downloaded Qt/QtCreator (iirc 4.5), got Max Schlee's book and began conspecting. And was doing this for two months.
That's how I began using Qt.

(Seriously.)

Edited by kerbiloid

Has anybody ever had a dream about waking up (while still dreaming)? if yes, what is it like?

This last question is probably a bit illogical, but I'm curious.

Also: How do you remember your dreams so well? I would really like to know what crazy sh*t I dream, too. I wouldn't share it (social anxiety disorder and all that), but i think it would be pretty fun.

Well, there was that one time I dreamed that I turned into Robin Williams.

Essentially, I was just driving along this road, which looked like the neighborhoods around my old residence, and I noticed that there was this concrete canyon type thing off to one side, like a huge drainage ditch. It had train tracks running through it, and even had multiple tunnels that were connected by rail, including one in a spiraling pattern (hard to picture, I know, but it was there). I got it in my head that I had to jump the car I was driving into the canyon thing, ONTO a train, and so I just did. I didn't even realize/remember when the transformation happened, I just remember looking in the rear view mirror and realizing "Oh. I'm Robin Williams now."

On 1/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, Delay said:

How do you remember your dreams so well?

For several months in my teens I kept a dream journal. The first week or so the entries were like "It was in the woods and I think my teacher was there." and then suddenly it was like a switch flipped, and I was filling the page with stuff I remembered. Then I was filling multiple pages with multiple remembered dreams in a night. When I stopped, I had actually woken up a few times in the night in order to write them down.

I stopped doing it because I couldn't justify the time spent in the morning writing it all down. Either I'd be late for school or I'd have to get up early (something I still don't want to do decades later). However, to this day I remember my dreams better than I did before I started writing them down, though not nearly as well as when I actually was writing them down.

52 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I stopped doing it because I couldn't justify the time spent in the morning writing it all down. Either I'd be late for school or I'd have to get up early (something I still don't want to do decades later).

I suppose typing would be much faster....for my generation, at least :P:)

Today I had a dream about playing with C4s in my school, burning a tree, and going 2 a mall 2 buy books and see the whales in a giant tank. Pretty sure Kracko from Kirby, Jebediah, and Captain Ahab riding Moby Dick in the tank also made an appearance sometime.

Weird. I liked the C4 part >:-D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.