What are your craziest dreams?

Columbia

Oh, just the same old RECURRING NIGHTMARES. I have very severe apiphobia(fear of bees) which rapidly spread into other stinging insects, and then all insects. I don't like the outdoors that much. The nightmares are as follows: As soon as I close my eyes, my mind is filled with very close up pictures of insects. I find it hard to go to sleep, though I usually just go unconscious eventually. I dread the night.

On 16/06/2017 at 11:43 PM, Adstriduum said:

About 17.14% (roughly 1/6th) of my dreams are lucid. I would like LOVE to raise that number.

what if your wrong about that ?

yesterday i had a lucid dream while browsing the forum, we were with @StupidAndy in a rough and simply homy around the keppler belt watching some weird being from there

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I was in a toy store of some sort, and they had these toy model sets. One of these was 50% a 1950s-looking house with a car and miniature people and such, but it was also 50% the Battle of Hoth. The picture on the box showed a snowy landscape and an AT-AT behind the house.

After that I tried some 4D visualization, and although this is the first time I've done this while dreaming it was no more successful than other times I've done it. I still can't see our world the same way I see Flatland.

• 1 month later...

I woke up in bed and walked into the computer room looked out the window. BOOM a mushroom cloud forms and i run over to my uncle and I tell him, and he reveals it's the cloud is fake and is really the size of a lawn chair. What do you think about that?

Edited by Abstract_Kerman

I once dreamt that a nuclear warhead detonated right next to me. Didnt wake up straight away, everything went white for a few moments first.

This is how I know that dieing  in dreams is perfectly safe.

And I used to have a terrible nightmare when I was smaller that involved illusions of scale. Along with the abstract dream part, it would persist on waking for a small while, I wouldnt be able to tell if my bedroom was room-sized, or a box only a little larger than my head with a bedroom painted on the inside. Gave me the screaming heeby-jeebies.

1 hour ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Whenever I dream something involving falling from 15' higher, I actually feel the effect. Weird...

I used to have that same problem. I would have nightmares of me falling down stairs and I would feel super real...  I've bungee jumped before and that's what it felt like. Freaky

27 minutes ago, Leftykap said:

I used to have that same problem. I would have nightmares of me falling down stairs and it would feel super real...  I've bungee jumped before and that's what it felt like. Freaky

Falling downstairs is not like falling off a ledge...

Yea but It would feel like it, it was like I fell down the very middle area in the stairs of you know what I'm talking about? We're there are no stairs blocking it. Like if you jumped off the rail 

Just now, Joseph Kerman said:

Falling downstairs is not like falling off a ledge...

Last night I dreamt it was late at night and my house was full of tarantulas of all kinds, making webs everywhere. It was kind of scary because I can't tell whether they are New World or Old World tarantulas (New World have less intense venom and are slower but can fling irritating hairs at you, while Old World ones have very deadly venom and are very fast) but also really interesting. At least I know their threat pose. I tried taking a picture with my phone but dropped it, and it broke badly. I was really disappointed about that until I woke up and realized my phone is fine. Then I was disappointed that no tarantulas live in my area.

After that I dreamt I was going up on a Falcon Heavy, but came back down for a really short time and would go back to the orbiting ship in a Falcon 9 the same day.

Edited by cubinator

On 7/11/2017 at 9:52 AM, cubinator said:

After that I tried some 4D visualization, and although this is the first time I've done this while dreaming it was no more successful than other times I've done it. I still can't see our world the same way I see Flatland.

Yeah I've been trying to do 4D visualization too (not in dreams though).

I've heard it's impossible because of the way our neurons are wired. The farthest you can get is imagining the 3D shadow that a 4D object would cast.

It's fun to think about, though. A 4D being would be able to see all of our insides at once, go through (3D) walls or any other obstacles and be incredibly more complex than us. I think there would be issues with gravity and chemistry though, so maybe 3D is the sweet spot for life.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

I've heard it's impossible because of the way our neurons are wired. The farthest you can get is imagining the 3D shadow that a 4D object would cast.

With a lot of practice, you should be able to rewire your neurons enough to actually make your mental field of view a volume instead of a plane, and thus be able to truly visualize 4D shapes. I think that imagining being able to see in all 3D directions at once should help with finding a vector perpendicular to all of them.

It's fun to think about, though. A 4D being would be able to see all of our insides at once, go through (3D) walls or any other obstacles and be incredibly more complex than us.

Yes, although it would not go through but around 3D obstacles. The smoothest sphere would act like a pizza cutter if it hit them.

I think there would be issues with gravity and chemistry though, so maybe 3D is the sweet spot for life.

Maybe, but other physical laws might be different too, allowing for very different forms of life.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.