What are your craziest dreams?

Columbia

49 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

In all my bad dreams someone or something is always tries to suffocate me to death. 

My bad dreams are usually mundane. With me being late for something important or getting chased by kids.

My 'good' dreams are also not very good. I only have either annoying or weirrs dreams.

Two weeks ago or so, I managed to have a wake-induced lucid dream (WILD). It was weird as hell.

When I transitioned into the dream, I was laying down on my bed the same way I was in real life, and my right hand was numb.

My bedroom looked different, though, and I was facing a door to a bathroom, so I got up and walked in. There was a mirror on the wall, and my face looked really distorted (looked like I got lynched or something, it was really messed up especially on the right side). I then looked up, and there was a switch that for some reason I thought was a lamp, and so I tried to make it glow.

It glowed blue, stopped, blue again, then red. Giving up on making it shine (I've been having problems with changing my dreams recently, I'm lucid but whatever I say seems to have no effect, even though it did before), I walked out of the bathroom (the door now lead to a hallway instead of back into my bedroom), and then it seemed like I was imploding, as in, I was bending into myself while I flew through the walls into a sky blue void.

I then woke up and tried again (forgot that there are ways to force a scenery change), ended up having some short dreams, some lucid, some not.

When I woke up from the dream above it turned out my face was on top of my right hand, restricting blood flow and making it numb. The side of my face that was on top of the hand was the same side that was busted on the dream. Amazing how input from the real world still has effect on the dream.

Another weird thing is how it feels to think when you're lucid dreaming. I once thought about it while dreaming, and somehow came up with the explanation that it felt like "there was a cloth around my mind" (picture of a brain with a white towel around it showed up). But really, it feels like a part of your brain shut down or that there's something limiting your consciousness. It's weird.

Edited by Guest

Just got up from a pretty crazy dream. I dreamt I played through the first half of Super Mario Odyssey. The thing is, I don't have a Switch and I have deliberately sought to avoid any information about the game until I legitimately play it. So it's safe to assume that I got several completely inaccurate spoilers from that ordeal.

I had a dream last night that I was stuck in a mall trying to find my way out. I was dressed in a huge winter coat and, for some unknown reason, carrying a large doll head in a cloth bag. I was very hot and very irritated because I couldn't find the exit. At one point some saleslady tried to stop me to sell me something. I looked at her and said, "Seriously? You are going to try to stop someone who is obviously overdressed for the weather and IS CARRYING A HEAD IN A BAG!" And then I woke up.

5 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

How do I do this

Become aware of signs that you are dreaming. These vary, but may include:

-Gravity and inertia not working normally (can't run fast, or are weightless)

-You can't remember how you got here

-Driving on a one-lane highway that's literally 500 m above the ground (does this happen to anyone else?)

-You can breathe underwater and/or don't lose health in the cold water in Snowman's Land (I've played a lot of SM64, ok?)

-There is a dinosaur

-You have a heart implant (not really applicable for those here who actually do have heart implants or artificial hearts)

-You are a Jedi

-You are in a mixed-up version of your hometown and/or there is a rocket launching from the grocery store

-You have a portal gun

-You are in a mixed-up version of the ISS (I found out I was dreaming once because there was a loop)

-The stars look way better

Any stuff like this, and you might be dreaming. I usually like to do a reality test after noticing it, just to make sure I don't make a fool of myself. I try looking at a clock, hiding it, and willing the time to change, breathing with a pinched nose (your brain will sometimes try to hide it by making your nose impossibly slippery so you can't pinch it), lifting a small object with the Force, or jumping into weightlessness. These are things you can do while awake, too, so you get into the habit of checking and might just decide to check at a time when you're really asleep.

Edited by cubinator

28 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Any stuff like this, and you might be dreaming. I usually like to do a reality test after noticing it, just to make sure I don't make a fool of myself. I try looking at a clock, hiding it, and willing the time to change, breathing with a pinched nose (your brain will sometimes try to hide it by making your nose impossibly slippery so you can't pinch it), lifting a small object with the Force, or jumping into weightlessness. These are things you can do while awake, too, so you get into the habit of checking and might just decide to check at a time when you're really asleep.

Will try these reality tests, but the thing is, when I am dreaming I don't think exactly. I feel like that's the big thing with lucid dreaming, being able to think and dream at the same time

10 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Will try these reality tests, but the thing is, when I am dreaming I don't think exactly. I feel like that's the big thing with lucid dreaming, being able to think and dream at the same time

That is the hardest part, because your brain will go into wake up mode as soon as you start thinking. You have to focus hard on the dream world to retain it.

On 09.12.2017 at 2:55 AM, Aperture Science said:

When I woke up from the dream above it turned out my face was on top of my right hand, restricting blood flow and making it numb. The side of my face that was on top of the hand was the same side that was busted on the dream. Amazing how input from the real world still has effect on the dream.

Then your arm looked at you and said "Hi!"

21 hours ago, TheSaint said:

At one point some saleslady tried to stop me to sell me something. I looked at her and said, "Seriously? You are going to try to stop someone who is obviously overdressed for the weather and IS CARRYING A HEAD IN A BAG!"

And she said: "Yes, sir. Maybe you would like to buy a shovel?"

13 hours ago, cubinator said:

- You meet some person or animal known to be dead.

- Somebody looks at you from the side without talking or moving.

I'm curious. When I dream, I don't exactly have experiences like in the real world, but more as in I imagine a mental scene that I'm in, sort of similar to when I want to play with how to make something, I imagine it in my head. Is this generally what a dream is like? Or is this only cause I'm slowly slipping into consciousness?

20 hours ago, qzgy said:

I'm curious. When I dream, I don't exactly have experiences like in the real world, but more as in I imagine a mental scene that I'm in, sort of similar to when I want to play with how to make something, I imagine it in my head. Is this generally what a dream is like? Or is this only cause I'm slowly slipping into consciousness?

Yeah, I've dreamed like that for a while. It felt like the dream was being projected onto something, like, it was very low-quality and not vivid at all. I don't know why though, and eventually I started having normal, vivid dreams again. I think it might have to do with how awake are you, how you've been feeling or even what you've been eating.

Also, I've been having a few more lucid dreams recently, and I've been able to control things again. Yay.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:51 AM, munlander1 said:

Make it a habit of yours to question if you're dreaming every once in a while: try to remember how you got where you are, the last time you woke up, basically question the situation you're in, and then pinch your nose while trying to breathe through it to see if you're dreaming or not. Eventually, you'll do the same in a dream and you'll find out you're dreaming.

The thing is, you got to genuinely question yourself if you're dreaming or not: if you assume that you're "obviously" in reality you're going to do the same in your dream, and it's not going to work.

As a matter of fact, you could be dreaming right now.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:16 AM, cubinator said:

- You have more body parts than you should.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Yes, those palm-looking things between the neck and the waist... usually...

For me it happened below the waist, but whatever floats your boat works

Just remembered a dream I've had like 3 times now.

So I was in a squad dressed as the Spetsnaz from CoD MW2, and we were basically doing the mission where, in the game, you have to defend D.C., except we were the ones attacking, and it wasn't D.C.. I remember I had a TAR-21 and was fighting insurgents, me and my squad were going house to house breaching doors and clearing them out, until we got to a helicopter. And it wasn't a power trip, it felt like I was just another soldier, contributing with realism.

latest?cb=20110701094805 

latest?cb=20130116003709

(Images related: First one is one of the Spetsnaz, the other one is how the sky looked like (except it wasn't raining in the dream))

Honestly, it was really cool. MW2 is one of my favorite games. I think it's one of the first FPS games that I got into, along with CS:Source. Everything from that game is perfect, I love the setting (the story might be unrealistic, but the way they've depicted the future and how technology would be like is amazing, even though it should be in the 2020's), the gameplay, it's awesome. Not to mention that the Spetsnaz is my favorite faction from any game, so dreaming that I'm part of them was really cool.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Exploro said:

Two nights ago dreamt my feet were horribly distorted; six toes on each foot and  the digits contorted in a manner not unlike the claws of birds. I hate such dreams.

I once dreamt that too. My hands changed whenever i looked at them kinda like weeping angels.

On 12/18/2017 at 2:58 PM, kerbiloid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

for-s6edge-ingram-iron-man-blade-case-hy

It was a little more philosophical than that...

This guy lived on a tiny metal moon in a corner of a vast galaxy:

L4LK2lL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

He was metallic, tarnished and bluish gray, and had been living on that moon for a very, very long time. He pulled that giant sword out of the ground with a very calculated, robotic movement. But after he found it, he and the other robots across the galaxy started moving more naturally, and very quickly became capable of love and emotion. They even transformed physically to resemble humans, becoming biological beings rather than cybernetic ones.

I feel like it's a reflection on the fact that I was able to find Earth from outside the galaxy without clicking in Space Engine that day. Moreover, it is a story about machines suddenly achieving sentience and living across the galaxy long after humans are gone. The sword is like the monolith in 2001, although rather than apes being enlightened by it it is a robot who by chance has the idea to pull this sword from the ground - he does it because he is struck by a sense of curiosity. He had spent an extremely long time (possibly millions of years) living on that tiny, barren moon without wondering about anything. His spark of curiosity changed his kind forever - it caused him to become a person.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.