What are your craziest dreams?

Columbia

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

That would be like teleporting a box into a wall in our universe. It just doesn't work. What we might mistake for a "background" is, to A. Square, just empty space. Superposition cannot occur in Flatland, because there is no 3D space to go around the 2D objects with. If you did have 2D objects in a 3D space, though, and tried to stack them like paper, they would not get any higher because they have no depth. Did that answer your question?

Hmm.

So there wouldn't be collisions in 2D?

Just now, Aperture Science said:

Hmm.

So there wouldn't be collisions in 2D?

There would, but objects couldn't go through each other. The Planiverse is a good book for exploring how physics would work in two dimensions. If you have, say, a two dimensional planet with a tree on it, and you want to get to the other side of the tree, you have two options: 1. Go all the way around the planet until you come up to the tree from the back. 2. Go over the top of the tree. You can't simply go "around" the tree like you would on a three dimensional planet because there is no direction to do it in.

36 minutes ago, cubinator said:

There would, but objects couldn't go through each other. The Planiverse is a good book for exploring how physics would work in two dimensions. If you have, say, a two dimensional planet with a tree on it, and you want to get to the other side of the tree, you have two options: 1. Go all the way around the planet until you come up to the tree from the back. 2. Go over the top of the tree. You can't simply go "around" the tree like you would on a three dimensional planet because there is no direction to do it in.

Wow. This stuff is way too interesting.

I think the way there's a planet in The Planiverse (so that the surface is "sideways") is much better than Flatland's surface, and really does allow for more complex contexts.

I'm hoping one day we'll have the computational power to simulate a 2D universe similar to The Planiverse's, even if it's smaller. There's the Powder Toy, but it's not really complex, so...

what a great way to spend my friday night

Seriously... I had a dream a while back where I was orbiting around Jupiter - in nothing but my Hyundai Santa Fe... but the weird thing was it as outfitted as the car like in the movie, The Last Starfighter

Weird stuff, mainly. If I can remember it. I remember one where I was a diver fighting a shark... 

I remember one from when I was real young, where my dad had to leave for some reason, and then time skipped ahead and me and my dad were going on a hike as adults. 

Probably some about Doom. I've played enough to hallucinate the sounds occasionally...

On 4/8/2017 at 0:09 AM, cubinator said:

wait a second

So if we go even lower than 2D, aka 1D (one dimension; Google insists that whenever I type 1D I'm asking for the band), I'm presuming matter as we know it wouldn't be possible? Too simple of an universe to sustain it?

Also, I'm not sure if a Flatland could sustain intelligent life. Having one less spatial dimension certainly would severely limit the amount of neural connections in a certain "space" (I want to say volume, but there is no such thing as volume in 2D), so its inhabitants would either have really big, inefficient brains or have some kind of different neural system.

But assuming that somehow intelligent life thrived there, how would their writing work? Binary, or something similar to Morse code, I'm guessing?

Being a 4D being watching a 3D universe must be fun. Being able to see our insides and all. Certainly an interesting sight. But hey, I've heard orbits are unstable as heck when you're dealing with 4 spatial dimensions, so such being wouldn't exist in the first place.

why is subtracting a spatial dimension so damn interesting, it's just literally removing the "c" from a*b*c

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

I am not going to get into my weirdest dream,,,

Yeah, if I posted my weirdest dream here I'd be banned, too.

54 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

I don't think I would be banned I don't know though. To top it off though it was around kindergarten so not only was it weird, it was incoherent and any form of logic did not apply what so ever.

On 3/31/2015 at 3:08 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

Too much Tetris = waking up seeing tetris pieces on my blankets.

Too much work = dream of tires hanging from a monorail running through my bedroom

Too much KSP = Hangin' with Jeb, wondering why the rockets always blow up on launch.

To add to that too much Ronin time in Titanfall 2 = your eyes are closed but  you see that your're in your titan and it is being doomed and you do the nuclear ejection and it explodes.

23 hours ago, Aperture Science said:
On 09.04.2017 at 8:39 AM, munlander1 said:

I am not going to get into my weirdest dream,,,

Yes, yes, we all dream about that gas planet 2, but stay realistic.

Far from my weirdest, but it's the one that comes to mind. For context, I had just fallen asleep in class, despite my best efforts. (This was before I'd figured out the "dangle a pencil off the desk" trick.)

Begin Dream:

I walked through my front door. "Hey, I'm pretty tired," I say to my parents after the customary greetings. "I think I'm gonna take a nap."

"Okay. We'll wake you up in a few hours when dinner is ready."

I went to my bed and fell asleep.

End Dream.

Then I woke up when my friend nudged me.

I guess my dreams are generally quite normal, but here are some notables:

1) I occasionally have dreams in which nothing in particular happens but the whole thing is infused with deep dread and fear. Of what i have no idea, just arbitrary, source-less dread.

2) I occasionally have dreams which play out as a normal day, ie: I get out of bed, get dressed and go to work. Thanks brain, I really need that break from reality.

3) I had a dream in which I definitely died, and I *didn't* die in real life! All those movies are lying to us! In the dream I was next to a nuke when it went off, I didnt wake up instantly, first everything went white.

what about this, i dreamed someone was asking me to write a reboot combo of 1659 1696 1751 1781 1789, then i woke up, and said nope sorry write it yourself i m not fan of the plot in itself ^^ this was such a funny dream

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I once dreamed something weird recently.

So recently, i dreamed about me, being a normal person, and i was at some school that looked different than my usual school. But the school was under construction or something even though it looked finished. So instead we got school in a cave/mine, located undergroud that was accessed via stairs. And the cave looked rather medieval looking with no new technology expect for lamps. And i had to put dirt in my mouth to pronounce my name too. Lolwut.

When I was 9, I dreamt that I was surfing on a rocket powered toothbrush toward a black hole. There was a lot of stuff in the accretion disk, so I surfed through a 2D ogre head. then my toothbrush broke, and I fell and was crossing the event horizon when I woke up.

weird things happen in dreams.

I've also once dreamed that I was going to sleep and that I had a lucid dream (I was not lucid; I dreamed about lucid dreaming, good job brain)

I used to make a terrible and weird dream (more a nightmare) for almost two years and nearly every night when I was 17-18...

It always started while I'm flying a Cessna Centurion aircraft in a thunderstorm, the engine go down and I have to land on a road. Once I touch and start to break I am hitting someone on the side with the wing. I got judged and forbid to fly anymore. Some time after while I am drinking at a bar terrace a man wearing dark glasses stop by me, said he know me and that he had a solution to my problem if I could fly with some others persons for some special reasons in conflict areas. I say "yes" and then start to fly on an Antonov An-12 in Africa to deliver weapons to some groups, drugs or mercenaries and this for years. Then one day we have to extract the leader of a country in revolt, the guy embark onboard while we got shot by others in the destroyed terminal, we aligned and started the take-off roll. We keep on accelerating while still being fired at, we climbed slowly then after some seconds a MANPAD missile is hitting us, breaking the left wings. We then hit the ground with a part of the aircraft exploding while the front part and the cockpit are burning. I'm dying with all the other in the cockpit fire and then I wake-up every times at this precise instant... always wet and covered of transpiration.

Then since the end years ago it never happened to me to make it again. I'm actually nearly never make any dreams or I maybe I can't remember them.

The last weird was like two months ago where I was actually a passenger (not really a passenger, much more some kind of witness with a first person view) on the rear bench in a Ford Gran Torino with Starsky driving and Huch firing his Colt Python to another car...:huh:

13 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I once dreamed that I couldn't sleep and tossed and turned all night. When I woke up, even though I had actually slept well, I still felt tired and cranky. 

Thats really trippy. How do you know it was a dream and you did not just fell a sleep for a short amount of time and then woke up again, thinking it was a dream?

One time I had a dream that I was Iron Man. I was still in school in my teacher Ms. Wells class. 

Spoiler

Ms. Wells was an 85 year old english teacher, really wrinkly, and incompetent. I HATED her class, and got a D- in it. 

I kept trying to fly, but i was really bad at it. I was like scraping along the ground, and couldn't get up very high. 

I also got a weird dream a couple of times that I could fly, but it was only with an invisible hang glider that I had built into my body. I had to run really fast, and I tried to jump off of my roof.

I also dreamt I was a mermaid (I am a boy but I was into the little mermaid when i was 7)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.