Out of Memory

Well... im not sure where to post this, because i tested it with and without mods hehehehehe.

The problem about "System out of memory!"... in my case, im running Windows XP SP3 32bits. The game its supposed support 32bits, but i see in all my error logs, always is trying to locate 4Gb!! and then, of course, game crashes.

But the most strange... it happens at not specific time... one day i can play for a whole 2 hours! (before first crash ehehehe), but most of the times, around 30 or 40 minutes...

The last crash... i was just in orbit, no clicks, no changes, nothing... just parked in orbit docked to my KSS hehehehe and then.. Pong... crashed!

I think, for some reason, the game is not recognizing good the system (32bits or 64bits) and always trying to locate 4Gb RAM.

If anyone didnt know... 32bits systems max allowed is 3.5Gb. Doesnt matter if you have 12Gb installed... you will use only 3.5Gb hehehehe.

A lot of people telling me "update your PC!"... thats is really easy if you have money for that, not my case :D

Oh, i also tryed the TextureReplacer mod, and YAY! it works really good! i have less crashes and game performace increased a lot!, but crashes still there. Not usually as before, but still there :(

Is there any way, to LIMIT the amount of memory the game try to locate?

Edited by sumghai
Moved thread to appropriate subforums and tagged accordingly

Unfortunately, KSP uses the Unity 4 game engine, and 32-bit Unity games are limited to using 3.5 GB of your system's available RAM - this limit is intrinsic to Unity 4 itself and cannot be changed.

If you're experiencing crashes due to out-of-memory errors, here are your options:

- Run your game with fewer add-ons / mods

- Get Active Texture Management, which reduces the size of part textures, and in effect the amount of memory the game uses

- Force KSP to run in OpenGL, which reduces memory usage at the cost of noticeable FPS drop

- Wait for future versions of KSP that may or may not come with better game asset / memory management

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.