What's your favorite KSP activity?

Columbia

Hello, forums!

We all know that KSP isn't just about launching rockets - it can be about pretty much anything, from engineering, rovering around the Kerbin landscape, or building space stations and bases and all that. So what is your favorite to do?

For me, it would be building and editing. It feels very fascinating to imagine the big picture to your rocket, then putting all the calculations, physics and engineering together to create a glamorous pride of the fleet. It's just that you use your creativity and imagination to get where you want to go.

What about you guys?

We all know that KSP isn't just about launching rockets - it can be about pretty much anything, from engineering, rovering around the Kerbin landscape, or building space stations and bases and all that. So what is your favorite to do?

?

Well my favorite activity is launching stuff into orbit ALL BY MYSELF. :cool:

Also, designing spacecrafts that look good yet are able to fulfill their destined missions.

That moment when you've assembled a space station and you need to send it out to a new location. Carefully lighting up the engines, watching the whole thing come under acceleration, hoping the struts and support beams hold. Watching the whole contraption become a glorious interplanetary traveler.

Yes you can just send the pieces one at a time and then assemble them at the destination... but real men assemble it BEFORE casting off.

I love building new RSS rockets to do insane missions, like a venus return. Its just so satisfying when it all comes together. Apart from that, I like flying around the space center in tiny drone planes and doing stupid things like flying under bridges.

How can I even choose? Everything can be exciting!

Designing, flying, landing, perfect decoupling, randezvousing, docking, transfers, gravity assists, aerobraking/capture, planning missions, executing missions, finishing missions, doing science, improvising after something went wrong, explosions, even the bugs!

I'd have to say my favourite KSP activity is KSP :D

I just can't keep myself from starting over new careers. The first ten to twenty hours in careemode are just the best ones. The first Munlanding - AH!

Besides from that, I like to build big missions in RSS which fail constantly due to my incapacity in building planes and my habit to forget something important or to place the dockingport the wrong way round - I guess you know what I mean...

I'd say, designing something that works. Optimizing the performance of a heavy launch vehicle, assembling an interplanetary mothership, designing and testing an SSTO... And yet, despite playing more from the engineering side (more like alchemy-style eyeballing, because precise scientific calculation is something I have enough IRL), I don't use autopilots. It's an additional fun challenge to design something even I can pilot.

Recently got back to KSP after many months. My favorite it building space stations (still got it in me) and sending rovers to other planets. I am currently planning to send a probe over to Eeloo, have it orbit it for awhile, and then send a rover or two!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.