Oh Kod, it's Comic Sans everywhere!

cantab

I'm not sure if the forum actually changes the text in our posts to Comic Sans, or if people just play along to laugh at those who try it and end up writing normally - like that password censoring prank on Facebook. Let's find out!

I'm not sure if the forum actually changes the text in our posts to Comic Sans, or if people just play along to laugh at those who try it and end up writing normally - like that password censoring prank on Facebook. Let's find out!

Thing is, they show your own posts in normal writing, but when others load the page they can see it in Comic Sans. It is quite smart, actually.

Thing is, they show your own posts in normal writing, but when others load the page they can see it in Comic Sans. It is quite smart, actually.

I'm seeing a mix of fonts, so it's not everyone.

Plus, it's not that hard to check.

We're all moderators!

What even is Comic Sans? I thought it was French, so I put it in Google Translate and it gave me this:

http://i.imgur.com/HmhTAHm.png?1

So what you're saying is that there are no comics everywhere? What?...

Let's have a quick history class.

Comic Sans was created by Microsoft employee Vincent Connare in 1994, with the legend saying that Melinda Gates herself asked him to design a typefont to go with Microsoft Bob. Connare took inspiration in comic books, and designed a similar font. It never made it into the final MS product, but became available in Windows 95 as a default typefont.

Breaking down the font name:

"Comic": supposed original font name by Connare, inspired by comic books handwritings

"Sans": Appended to notify that it is a Core web font, a font that can be safely used on the Web because whatever will be used to display the page will have those fonts

"MS": You tell.

The correct French term to translate would be "Sans comique", which would then translate to "without comics".

Obligatory Vsauce video:

I thought the "comic" in comic sans referred to the font looking like the handwriting used in comic books.

Well, now you know better.

Rune. I think my monitor has the colour balance wrong, too. I have the forum set up so all text is blue.

Wait a minute...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=12867&dateline=1427846408

... Oh no....

It's.....

GREEN IRON CROWN! HE'S BEHIND ALL OF THIS! LOOK! RED IRON GROWN IS TURNING BACK INTO GREEN IRON CROWN!

linked because I can't get my image to show up...

RIC= illuminati confirmd

Edited by temporalExile