Your First Flight

Tech Support

Flying on an aircraft had a been one of dreams for a long time and I finally had a chance to fly a few days ago from Bangalore to Chennai, India. it was a short flight, only 40 mins. but I loved it ! the thrill of the aircraft accelerating on the runway ! that moment when it banked ! and that jolt when it landed !! I know it all sounds a little childish, but after years of watching members of my family travel on aircraft, and countless hours on flight simulator X,it was a special moment for me and something that I will remember for a long time.

so please, share your first flights, your thoughts and special moments on aircraft.

I traveled on a Spice Jet Bombardier Dash-8 Q400.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Tech Support

My first flight ever was as a child. I think I was 10 or so. My parents paid for a little 4-person plane (counting the pilot) to take my father, brother, and me up for a trip around town. It was really cool to see my neighborhood and the places I played around town from above. This was long before you could just look it up on Google :)

My first "real" flight was much later, as an adult when I moved across country. I thought I'd be scared but I was giddy.

I fly a couple times a year and have for most of my (longish) adult life, and have never lost that giddiness.

So do I.. It's why I'm an aircraft enthusiast.

Wait, my first flight?

I was aboard a Tiger Airways A320 (or so I thought. I knew nothing about those birds back then, but it was pretty much the only aircraft in their fleet.)

I think I was on the way to Singapore..?

I rarely board planes nowadays, but still "fly" them through Flight Simulator X, or KSP.

Edited by Columbia

I loved the first time I flew in an airliner to Turkey as a kid!

Sadly, now I hate flying in airliners. No room for my adult body has a tendancy to destabilize my psyche.

6 years ago I flew in an aerobatics-plane with an instructor AND enough legroom, THAT was awesome!

Edited by T-Bouw

My first flight was on the Budapest (BUD) -> Larnaca (LCA) route , on a Malév Boeing 737-200.

My first (and only) intercontinental flight was from Budapest (BUD) to Santo Domingo (SDQ) via Amsterdam (AMS) and New York (JFK), just 3 months after the september 11 attacks. I had the chance to fly with a KLM 747-200, an American Airlines 767-300, and a Martinair MD-11!

My first flight was on a Finncomm Airlines ATR-42 or -72. Can't remember how old I was, probably about 6 or so. Flew from Helsinki-Vantaa (HEL) to Joensuu (JOE) to visit my grandfather.

I've always wanted to be a commercial pilot but, sadly, I don't think I have enough patience to go through all the training :(

I was many years younger when I went on my first flight. The plane was your typical commercial jet, and I went out west to Colorado to meet my aunt and uncle who used to live out there. Personally, my favorite part of the flight is when you're either just taking off and the engines are speeding up or when the plane lands. It's really fun to pretend I'm on a spaceplane and I'm going to space. :) Also, I've always been really freaked out when the plane flies inside a cloud and everything outside is just white. It's like reallife.exe just stopped running.

I can't rember I've been flying since I've been very very young. The first time I can Rember is me screaming in plain as we were going down to land becuase of the pressure. And that's how I learnt some stuff was wrong with my ears :(. Anyway I still love flying and planes and going to new places but weirdly I am really scared of flying I get so paranoid but I get over it becuase I think of where we're going,and once I get past the clouds I'm happy again.

i do not especially remind the first ... but one i remind, is around 10 or 12 y. old, the plane front wheel not working and landing on the nose cone. Also i remind saying repeatdly after the crash: "my fresh new case my fresh new case" when probably most of the people were totally under the crash shock i only cared about my new luggage the whole event and after *shrug*.

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

First flight for me was in june 2005 from Eindhoven (Netherlands) to Girona (Spain). I don't fly much; on average once a year and the last time was in april 2014 from New York to Madrid (Barajas) and from there to Brussels (Belgium)

I don't remember when my first flight was, but I know I was flying in and out of the Haida Gwaii (then known as the Queen Charlotte Islands) since I was 4 or so. This would have been in the early 70's, flying into Sandspit in a 737, then jumping to the tiny mining town of Tasu in a Beaver or Otter. Plenty of turbulence along some of those mountains.

My last flight would have been Toronto to Vancouver, over 10 years ago. I love flying, and came close to getting my glider pilot's license in the late 80's, but my name never came up for that air cadet camp (I was on the alternate list). Unfortunately, flying is a hobby that's too rich for my blood.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

My first flight ever was actually missed. I wasn't even 1 year old yet, and my parents missed the plane (as my dad said, literally by 60 seconds, because of a snow storm). The flight was the ill-fated Northeast Airlines Flight 823, which crashed shortly after take off from LaGuardia NY on Rikers Island. We were lucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Airlines_Flight_823

My first flight that I actually remember, I was perhaps 4 or 5 years old, was to Miami FL to visit my grandparents. I few all by myself (a stewardess took charge of me). What I remember best was that I had a starboard window seat just forward of the wing/engine nacelle, and the airplane had propellers (likely a DC-6). I remember it was quite noisy, and I sat and watched the propellers spin while clouds passed below - the entire flight lol.

I don't remember my first flight, but I don't really think about commercial aviation anymore because my brain associates it with crying babies, stickers for ridiculously overpriced "Wi-Fi Onboard" on every aisle, the whole "turn off all electronics" stupidity, and how security got worse after 9/11. (No I won't say anything more about it.)

First ride on an Amtrak? None yet, but I'm willing to try :)

My first flight was on a boeing 757 operated by sun country from Minneapolis to Seattle. It was so cool, everything was so tiny, and the clouds were so wispy. Also strangely enough, my ears didn't pop on that flight or on the flight back.

Edited by gooddog15

I don't remember my first flight, but I don't really think about commercial aviation anymore because my brain associates it with crying babies, stickers for ridiculously overpriced "Wi-Fi Onboard" on every aisle, the whole "turn off all electronics" stupidity, and how security got worse after 9/11. (No I won't say anything more about it.)

First ride on an Amtrak? None yet, but I'm willing to try :)

I took an Amtrak Acela Express (bullet train - hah! - NOT!) from NYC to Washington DC not too long ago. Not impressed. I think our maximum speed was like 90mph. The train was overcrowded and stuffy... and the scenery was less than impressive. I'll stick to short hop commuter jets thank you.

My first flight was when I was 6 or so. My family went to Oregon for my uncle's wedding. I still remember zooming down the runway, knowing I was going "really fast".:cool: I had my face up against the window for most of the flight there and back. The part I most vividly remember is when we went through a cloud, and the windows were spotted with water drops. I think that was when I started to get into aviation.

Alaska Airlines, sometime in the 90's. Awesome service. I think it was a 737, not too sure. Was going from Vegas to Anchorage and then back to Vegas. My last flight was in 2012/2013 if I'm not mistaken.

Man I love the thrill you get when the two engines rev up on the runway and you're pulled back into your seat a bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.