Munar Sand Castle!?

MrDude

The other day I loaded KSP and was shocked to see on the load screen a sand castle next to the kerbal. Thought thats neat, I must have loaded a new version some how (since the title screen has evolved in past), but today its back to normal. What the heck?!

I saw it for the first time on Feb 20th 2015 ... a landmark day. I started KSP with v0.23.5 and had never seen it, not even once. Yes, I took a screenie of it. 1 in 40 huh? Is that game starts?... rockets crashed?... Kerbals lost?... reboots? lol

He's one thing I have always wondered about the sand castle.... it's not a picture but looks like it's a live shot from the mun. So does that mean that some where on the mun there is a sand castle?????

An easter egg we have not found yet?????

Thanks all.

I guess maybe I am usually so excited to push start that I may have missed it before. I've seen totally different scenes but I assumed that was because of version changes.

Now if only some one would make a sand castle or Mun-crete mod to allow big or small structures to be made of local terrain (read textures).

I keep getting the one where the kerbals are standing around the crashed ship, all looking sad and holding spades :<

Never seen that one. Something to look forward to.

I wonder, how many such 'Easter Egg' scenes are there? Anybody know?

I keep getting the one where the kerbals are standing around the crashed ship, all looking sad and holding spades :<

That is an easter egg added by Toolbar mod a few versions ago, I think for 0.25. No longer available.

Meant to represent fake mun landing.

I think they reduced the probability of the sand castle a while back. I've had the game for about 14 months now, sometimes loading and reloading in rapid succession when testing new parts, and I have yet to see the sand castle in my game.

That is an easter egg added by Toolbar mod a few versions ago, I think for 0.25. No longer available.

Meant to represent fake mun landing.

Thanks for explaining it, the fact lots of people didn't see it was making me think I was mad!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.