KSP 1.2 Update: Your Questions Answered!

BagelRabbit

.... Sigh

At least there won't be forced integration with facebook, twitter, etc.

Now this is a good april fool's joke.

Aww, come on, the other one was hilarious... you just didn't get the references.

If you want to get some of the 1.2 experience NOW! I've created a mod that has quite a bit in common with the plans for 1.2 called Kerbal Crush Saga: Rocket Fire Age. In fact, Squad's plans for 1.2 are uncannily similar to my mod, meaning I'm going to have to contact my lawyers about this, as all proper game developers would.

OP forgot to mention that they've been able to reduce KSP hardware (RAM) usage down to 250MB with the newly released Unity vers6.doh, codenamed "Fantasy"...Which means we'll be able to run FULL graphics options and up to 300 mods at one time with NO game crashes....

Edited by Stone Blue

No no no... the memory footprint INCREASED.... to 10GB for stock. Unfortunately the 64-bit version is still unstable so you'll have to play 32-bit only.

"We're extremely proud to announce that we've got a contract to merge with EA shortly after the release of our first non-early-access version. While we will still be the main force working on KSP, we will honor all of EA's decisions as well. This collaboration should hopefully result in a better and more complete game."

ROFLMFAO!!!!

when i got to the part where it said "complete playing experience 75$" I had to read it twice, i was like PFFFFFFFFWWTFFF

Har har - And yea I was gutted to hear they're skipping 1.0 lmao I was about to rage.

You Comedian, you.

[*]A rather aggressive DRM will be added to KSP. It is important that we regularly check to make sure that KSP was legally purchased and not copied from other computers or altered by users. Because the game could be altered or copied at any time, DRM will always be on and connected to the Internet.

As Squad's newest developer (and moderator~), I've been working hard on integrating the Suck-U, er.. Secu-Rom Colonoscopy DRM system into the game. It's a very powerful DRM system that cannot be defeated (other than by skript kiddies who wrote their first VB-based cracks, but it's not like those are common, eh?), as it scans the lining of the small intestine continually. As everybody knows, the small intestine's internal shape, blood vessel distribution and surface pattern are all as unique as fingerprints, and rather hard to steal (unlike a finger, which is quite easy to saw off).

Anyhow, the system operates in a minimally-invasive manner. One simply inserts the grapefruit-sized sensor orally or... rectally, and feeds it either down past the stomach or up past the large intestine until it reaches the small intestine, and then one plugs in the 600v power supply. Note that this procedure is a little uncomfortable the first few thousand times, as the sensor has many sharp-edged protrusions, the heavy steel cable has a tendency to pinch, and the 600v system has a distinctly unpleasant tingle. Don't be alarmed, however, as it's perfectly safe (less than 79.8% of test subjects have died), and only has to be put in an hour before gaming starts, and kept in an hour before gaming ends (failure to do so will result in KSP deleting itself and all saves/screenshots via a simple and harmless hard drive format system).

There are a few minor drawbacks, as there's a tiny amount of CPU and memory overhead (for every one cycle used by KSP, nine will be required by the device, plus it requires 1800mb of memory), and the fact that the Java version ONLY works on 32-bit with no plans from the vendor for 64-bit support. Also it only supports pre-service-pack versions of Windows Vista (the Mac and Linux versions have never worked at all), and requires that KSP be installed in the program files directory structure. These are pretty minor though, and Squad feels that the added value will more than compensate for the 5fps game that crashes upon loading.

My only tip for new users of the Secu-Rom Colonoscopy DRM system is to try the oral insertion FIRST.

• A rather aggressive DRM will be added to KSP. It is important that we regularly check to make sure that KSP was legally purchased and not copied from other computers or altered by users. Because the game could be altered or copied at any time, DRM will always be on and connected to the Internet.

Huh? What about the part that live-downloads the game? That way loading times between scenes will be on the scale of minutes if you have a crappy internet. plz fix squad