KSP 1.2 Update: Your Questions Answered!

BagelRabbit

Now that it's been about six hours since I posted this, I'm strongly compelled to give some sort of moral to the story. So here we go.

SQUAD isn't perfect, but they're doing the best that they can.

Don't get me wrong: I disagree with some of SQUAD's choices too. I really don't think that they should be rushing into 1.0, for example. But they're trying to be the best people they can be to their community and to their game.

Every single thing I mentioned has been done by multiple game developers before, from expensive upgrades to absolutely back-breaking DRMs. And, as absurd as it sounds, this sort of thing could have happened in Kerbal Space Program as well. But it didn't.

Instead, SQUAD released astoundingly good updates. It cultivated an online community among the best in the world. It won awards, it became well-known, and it inspired thousands of people to become a little more interested in spaceflight. And, well, I don't think that everyone really appreciates SQUAD's efforts as much as they could. There have been loads of people who criticize SQUAD far more than they praise it, and I don't feel like that's really right.

So, without being too mushy, I just wanted to say that creating this thread really helped me appreciate this, and I hope that you feel the same way.

Anyways, I'll get off my little soap-box, now. Thanks for taking a moment to listen.

Should I add this to the original post?

-Upsilon

[Oh, and now I'm beginning to feel bad because I didn't actually talk to HarvestR, and I have no idea whether he would approve of this post :P]

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

Now that it's been about six hours since I posted this, I'm strongly compelled to give some sort of moral to the story. So here we go.

SQUAD isn't perfect, but they're doing the best that they can.

Don't get me wrong: I disagree with some of SQUAD's choices too. I really don't think that they should be rushing into 1.0, for example. But they're trying to be the best people they can be to their community and to their game.

Every single thing I mentioned has been done by multiple game developers before, from expensive upgrades to absolutely back-breaking DRMs. And, as absurd as it sounds, this sort of thing could have happened in Kerbal Space Program as well. But it didn't.

Instead, SQUAD released astoundingly good updates. It cultivated an online community among the best in the world. It won awards, it became well-known, and it inspired thousands of people to become a little more interested in spaceflight. And, well, I don't think that everyone really appreciates SQUAD's efforts as much as they could. There have been loads of people who criticize SQUAD far more than they praise it, and I don't feel like that's really right.

So, without being too mushy, I just wanted to say that creating this thread really helped me appreciate this, and I hope that you feel the same way.

Anyways, I'll get off my little soap-box, now. Thanks for taking a moment to listen.

Should I add this to the original post?

-Upsilon

[Oh, and now I'm beginning to feel bad because I didn't actually talk to HarvestR, and I have no idea whether he would approve of this post :P]

I do so much approve of this post! Please add it to the OP, what you said is really very important. We all should thank SQUAD for making this wonderful game like it is and not doing all that terrible stuff to it.

I do so much approve of this post! Please add it to the OP, what you said is really very important. We all should thank SQUAD for making this wonderful game like it is and not doing all that terrible stuff to it.

Alright, I've added this to the original post. Thanks for the feedback!

Probably the most pointless thread ever. From the title and post date it was pretty obvious that it was a Fools day joke, and as soon as you read the first line it was confirmed. Why would anyone believe that the ksp devs would pass big news about the game through some random forum user.

The trick to a good Fools Day joke is to make it at least somewhat plausible.

Probably the most pointless thread ever. From the title and post date it was pretty obvious that it was a Fools day joke, and as soon as you read the first line it was confirmed. Why would anyone believe that the ksp devs would pass big news about the game through some random forum user.

...Not sure if you're serious or just another April fool...

It's my firm belief that this was a good April Fool's Day joke, in spite of it all.

Why?

Well, one of the reasons was that it pretended to be serious but really clearly wasn't. There were a lot of hints throughout that this wasn't a real, official thread... but it had some bits that, IMO, were genuinely funny. Sure, this wasn't believable, but it wasn't supposed to be believable.

(and I don't have to bring up the time when KasperVld tried to make his April Fool's post a little more believable and... well... yeah.)

More than that, though, I would definitely say that this thread had a point: it became a roundabout way of thanking SQUAD, as seen on the top of this page. This thread's point was to make people laugh, and also make them think about how SQUAD isn't doing a bad job with KSP. That, in my opinion, extends far beyond a simple April Fool's.

...unless, as Yellowburn says, you're just tying into April Fool's Day, in which case:

Sure, you've made a 'plausible-sounding' post, but nobody found it very funny and it didn't make much of a point. So, sorry, but it wasn't a good joke in my opinion.

-Upsilon

Why would anyone believe that the ksp devs would pass big news about the game through some random forum user.

Random forum user?! We're talking about UpsilonAerospace! He isn't just some random forum user!! :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

That's a federal penalty here on the KSP forums. You don't know Upsilon? That thirty demerits!

Random forum user?! We're talking about UpsilonAerospace! He isn't just some random forum user!! :)
That's a federal penalty here on the KSP forums. You don't know Upsilon? That thirty demerits!

Aww, you guys are the best.

Well, I'm signing off for the night. If a moderator wishes to close this thread at any point, I don't see any problem with that. I think that it's fulfilled its purpose.

I hope this brightened your April Fool's day a little, folks. Thanks for stopping by.

-Upsilon

This was much better than KasperVld's joke (sorry Kasper, but you really hit a nerve there), it was funny yet impossible, and actually on April Fools!

You all keep making me feel old for getting, or vaguely remembering, many of the references Kasper made. :(

These references are much more recent, aye.