[WIP] Intui-Tech SRAVE V0.2 (4/11/2015) NEW PART

trekfan42

This is my First Mod.

SRAVE- Slim, RAdial, Vtol, Engine Version: 0.1

Changelog Below

Inspiration: Mass Effect Concept VTOL

I Posted the idea on Reddit awhile back and it was fairly popular, so i decided to take up modding and climb the hill.

this is the result:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I had help from user: gdp209 to correct an issue with Mirroring in the SPH/VAB that plagues many modding newbs.

_________

UPDATE (4/11/2015

- added Harrier Dropship and .craft file for it to play with

- TCA is Practically Required

Javascript is disabled. View full album

_________

DOWNLOAD MOD

________

I highly recommend Infernal Robotics as my engine relies on the standard docking washer to rotate.

However for now i have packaged just the docking washer along with the engine. the washer is named "SRAVE Directional Hub" and is found under the UTILITIES section.

Please any pointers or comments, feel free to pitch in the comments below,

Thanks

Edited by trekfan42

Interesting. This can be made to work with some really sci-fi design. I am thinking some hopper rovers that can take off and jump across long distances on low-g planets, while go on rover mode to explore in short distance. Lots of possible design.

No comments lol?

This is very cool. Can you tell us the thrust/isp of the engine? Can it be resized with tweakscale?

It has 200 thrust right now. ISP is as follows. Atmo-800 Vac-1600.

They are not final. Will be rebalanced.

Next update will be switchable to air breathing mode and will support tweakscale and hopefully NEAR and FAR.

You might think about renaming the part that you included that has the same part name as the IR docking washer that it was derived from. While the game itself doesn't really throw much in the way of errors, other mods which try to detect parts and adjust things like the editor icons have a fit about parts with identical names.

Interesting, nice model work. I'll give it a try. One suggestion - if you put the date of the last update and version number in the title it will make it easier for people to watch for updates.

Interesting, nice model work. I'll give it a try. One suggestion - if you put the date of the last update and version number in the title it will make it easier for people to watch for updates.

Will do

- - - Updated - - -

You might think about renaming the part that you included that has the same part name as the IR docking washer that it was derived from. While the game itself doesn't really throw much in the way of errors, other mods which try to detect parts and adjust things like the editor icons have a fit about parts with identical names.

Ah, I renamed the part in the .cfg

I thought that would be enough. I'll look into how to separate them.

Ah, I renamed the part in the .cfg

I thought that would be enough. I'll look into how to separate them.

It's not the title of the part that needs renaming, but the actual name at the top of the file. If you've done that already, then I probably just had a previous version in my install, which means you've got nothing to worry about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.