[0.90] ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects - v0.2.6

ensou04

Well I am getitng so masive amount of errors with this on 1.0.2

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ShipEffects.SEMaster.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have the same error, someone has a patch ?, please

I can not play without it.:(

When do the errors occur? And does it hinder performance? Been using this since 1.0 hit with no issues that I know of. But that's why I ask if it hits your frames per second. Because I might be getting that NRE, but if it doesn't effect performance I wouldn't know because that's the only time I open debug. When there's an fps issue or something isn't working right.

What relevant mods might you be using? Because I only have about a dozen or so installed. No part mods other then Vens revamp. Everything else is just the quintessential plugins nothing too crazy.

I'm away from my pc right now so next chance I get I'll check and see if I get that NRE.

When do the errors occur? And does it hinder performance? Been using this since 1.0 hit with no issues that I know of. But that's why I ask if it hits your frames per second. Because I might be getting that NRE, but if it doesn't effect performance I wouldn't know because that's the only time I open debug. When there's an fps issue or something isn't working right.

What relevant mods might you be using? Because I only have about a dozen or so installed. No part mods other then Vens revamp. Everything else is just the quintessential plugins nothing too crazy.

I'm away from my pc right now so next chance I get I'll check and see if I get that NRE.

STange this is I ahd no issues while flying a plane. It was when launching a rocket. I have a crap ton of mod as I run linux. Big one are FAR and deadly re entry. It was on the launchpad and during flight I had the errors. It was at first with a probe n IVA available beside probe control room. Once I decoupled all my engines the errors stopped. The main engine was from the cryo engine mod and ran on H2 and OX. It may not affect performance directly, but getting massive log spam will crash your game eventually no if and's or but's!

Check http://a.pomf.se/xvphor.jpg

Hm. Hard to say. At that point I would open up my output_log ( player_log for Linux ) and try to see what triggered the NRE. What happened right before it? What loaded, what unloaded... Anything.

So that way you at least have an idea of what's conflicting and can start from there when it comes to removing mods to try and fix the issue.

Again that's if there is a conflict. Like I said I've yet to be able to hop on and see if I get it myself. Might just be the outdated mod. But I'm confident in saying I'm crash and lag free so I'm pretty sure I'm not having the issue.

And one major mod I don't have that pretty much everyone else does is the new DRE. Try removing that or look in your logs for a more potential culprit.

Edited by Motokid600

Hm. Hard to say. At that point I would open up my output_log ( player_log for Linux ) and try to see what triggered the NRE. What happened right before it? What loaded, what unloaded... Anything.

So that way you at least have an idea of what's conflicting and can start from there when it comes to removing mods to try and fix the issue.

Again that's if there is a conflict. Like I said I've yet to be able to hop on and see if I get it myself. Might just be the outdated mod. But I'm confident in saying I'm crash and lag free so I'm pretty sure I'm not having the issue.

And one major mod I don't have that pretty much everyone else does is the new DRE. Try removing that or look in your logs for a more potential culprit.

it was a conflict with DANG IT,just removed, thanks for help.:)

but I do not know how to fix it, here is the link of my Output_log.

Hey guys, I was away for a while I couldn't update this mod. I was reviewing the posts and seems like that engine bug occur still, Originally it was with RealFuels. but everything that changes Engine Behaviour throws NREs with this

While I was away from coding, I came up with some few ideas to re-write the mod entirely.

I want to write something that enables us to Just make Layers of sounds with Config Files, With settings per each layer. If someone could help out that be awesome :D, to help out with major issues with this mod like throwing NREs

Example:

MODULE
{
Name: ShipEffectsLayers
[FONT=Verdana]LayerName: Layer1
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]AudioClip: audio.ogg[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Volume: 1.0[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Start: 2.0 //In Geeforce[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]End: 4.0[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]FadeLenght: 1.0 //Linear
}

[/FONT]MODULE
{
Name: ShipEffectsLayers
[FONT=Verdana]LayerName: Layer2
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]AudioClip: audio2.ogg[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Volume: 1.0[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Start: 3.0 //In Geeforce[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]End: 5.0[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]FadeLenght: 1.0 //Linear[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
}[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT]

Edited by ensou04

While I was away from coding, I came up with some few ideas to re-write the mod entirely.

I want to write something that enables us to Just make Layers of sounds with Config Files, With settings per each layer. If someone could help out that be awesome :D, to help out with major issues with this mod like throwing NREs

I approve of this motion! I can't guarantee help with modding, tho. I know some programming, but never did anything on KSP. I could take a look, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I approve of this motion! I can't guarantee help with modding, tho. I know some programming, but never did anything on KSP. I could take a look, anyway.

Thanks! Im far from a great programmer but I do know my code, but I tend to sometimes over do stuff and make redundant code.

This looks amazing. How well does it work in 1.0.2?

Unfortunately, i havent tested this in 1.0.2, havent updated it as well. I havent got back to modding but when I do, the mod will have a total rewrite

Unfortunately, i havent tested this in 1.0.2, havent updated it as well. I havent got back to modding but when I do, the mod will have a total rewrite

Glad to see you again, ensou! This mod works without any troubles in 1.0.2, yet we miss your upcoming update with IVA alarms during reentry :)

Edited by Enceos

Glad to see you again, ensou! This mod works without any troubles in 1.0.2, yet we miss your upcoming update with IVA alarms during reentry :)

haro! with my new idea of fully customazible audio layers. it should be very easy to add alarm systems! I hope I can work on it soon!

Wow Ensou i heard your songs before but i never knew you were a KSP modder. Well im sure the sounds are going to be just perfect. Wish i knew how to code, hope you can find people to help with the coding. Saw your comments on ''KSP: Flags and footprints on Venus in RSS'' video. If its not too much trouble could you add engine sounds to your mod that sounds something like in that video? Current KSP engines don't really sound satisfying at all. I honestly don't know why there is no engine sound overhaul mod. Maybe its just me but i just can't feel the power of rockets with the stock sounds.

Edited by n0xiety

Wow Ensou i heard your songs before but i never knew you were a KSP modder. Well im sure the sounds are going to be just perfect. Wish i knew how to code, hope you can find people to help with the coding. Saw your comments on ''KSP: Flags and footprints on Venus in RSS'' video. If its not too much trouble could you add engine sounds to your mod that sounds something like in that video? Current KSP engines don't really sound satisfying at all. I honestly don't know why there is no engine sound overhaul mod. Maybe its just me but i just can't feel the power of rockets with the stock sounds.

Haro! its nice to know someone knows my music side :D

There was a mod back then that enables you to replace engine sounds but it hasnt been updated ever since unfortunately.

But it should be easy to do by creating CFGs with ModuleManager. you should check it out.

• 1 month later...

@ensouensou Hi again! if you eventually get time to update the module, I've got an NRE spam to report.

It occurs every time I'm going away on one vessel from another vessel, as soon as the far away vessel unloads the NRE spam begins. To stop it I save and load immediately.

Sometimes it doesn't occur when I'm IVA.

Easily detectable with the Exception Detector mod.

This looks amazing. How well does it work in 1.0.2?
Will this be updated to 1.0 or does it already work with it?

I'm enjoying crashboombang in 1.0.4, but looking at the post before mine, that may depend on your definition of "works with"...

Anyway, thank you so very much for this excellent mod ensouensou. It's hard to imagine how bland stock KSP doesn't sound once you get used to this :)

I would like to add my voice to those eagerly awaiting an official update for this mod, having gotten used to it in .90 stock is just... depressingly bland.

will DL now and try it as it is though.

• 1 month later...
How did the test go?

Hey I just tested it in my game (KSP 1.0.4) and didn't experience any crashes. I only tested it with a rocket off the launch pad but the sounds this mod adds are definitely present, so for the moment unless I experience any problems after I make this post I would say that it works fine in 1.0.4.

Hey I just tested it in my game (KSP 1.0.4) and didn't experience any crashes. I only tested it with a rocket off the launch pad but the sounds this mod adds are definitely present, so for the moment unless I experience any problems after I make this post I would say that it works fine in 1.0.4.

Crashes from NRE spam don't come instantly. Your game will crash when the size of your output_log.txt reaches some magical number around 85Mb.

Crashes from NRE spam don't come instantly. Your game will crash when the size of your output_log.txt reaches some magical number around 85Mb.

Oh I didn't even realize that.... (I spend more time modding my install than playing it, so I hadn't noticed) Thanks for the heads up.

Also Doughy, although I've never modded KSP before, I do have some basic C# experience so I'm going to take a look and see if I can figure out an update.

EDIT: Enceos how exactly should I attempt to replicate the NRE spam your experiencing? I loaded up one craft and flipped it off the pad then launched another and when the one on the ground unloaded the exception detector didn't come up, and the KSP output log isn't reporting any issues. This is using a KSP install with only ShipEffects and Exception Detector installed.

EDIT: Second attempt at replicating the NRE spam... Launched a ship into a 75km orbit, launched a second ship to rendezvous with the first ship, once rendezvoused I even made the ships lightly tap each other to make sure I was close enough, then raised one ships orbit so that it would leave range of the other ship... Once the other ship unloaded (Tested while warping and with real time through the unload) it still failed to produce and NRE spam in exception detector or the output log. I'm going to attempt one last time by docking 2 ships in orbit and undocking then awaiting the unload, if this doesn't cause the NRE spam then I'm dismissing it and playing with the mod anyways.

EDIT: FOUND IT! I sent up one ship and then another to dock with it, but while attempting the rendezvous I accidentally rendezvoused with one of the ships from my second attempt at causing the NRE spam, so I went to thrust away from the ship I had rendezvoused with and all of a sudden Exception Detector starts spewing out NRE's at about 70 throws per second... ShipEffects.SEMaster.SoundFX : Now that I know the issue maybe I can apply my limited knowledge and fix it.

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AudioSource:get_isPlaying ()

at ShipEffects.SEMaster.SoundFX (.FXGroup fx, Single volume, Single volCtrl, Single spread, Boolean play) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipEffects.SEMaster.SoundFX (.FXGroup fx, Boolean play) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipEffects.SEMaster.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I'm still unsure about the exact conditions that I met in order to get the NRE to be thrown, but I'll do my best to figure out and test a fix.

EDIT: I'm having a really hard time replicating the NRE, making it very hard to troubleshoot the exact cause of the problem. >_< Though once I figure it out, I'm fairly confident that I can come up with a solution.

EDIT: Hey everyone I have some very good news! I have managed to finally replicate the NullReferenceException consistently which allowed me to very quickly pinpoint the exact cause of it and come up with a solution, on which note I now have a modified version of the ShipEffects .dll that appears to work flawlessly with KSP 1.0.4. I just want to do a little bit more testing and then I will go ahead and post it.

EDIT:

ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects (Maintenance)

I've updated the mod to be compatible with KSP 1.0.4 and started a maintenance thread.

Edited by CoriW

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.