Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

I'm sorry. I feel as if I have to post again, just to clarify a few little things.

There is a distinct difference between 'being excited' and 'leaving spam.' If I was very excited about a new update, I would write something along the lines of:

...if someone else was really, really excited, they may write:

I'm perfectly fine with both of these posts. What I'm not fine with, however, is:

Personally, I think that no matter how excited someone is, there are far, far better ways of expressing excitement than this. If it was done on any other thread, it would be removed by a moderator. It really shouldn't be tolerated here, either. And while I know that a fair fraction of the posts here aren't this way, there are also an embarrassing number of them that look exactly like this.

So, to re-iterate:

I'm not grumpy that you guys are excited. I do want to see 1.0 come out too, and I'll probably be up late into the night trying to download it when it first comes out.

I'm grumpy because I feel like this thread is the Forum equivalent of a lot of graffiti sprayed near my house. It's not actually dangerous and it doesn't do much harm, but it's unpleasant to be around for all of the people who don't want to spread graffiti. Which, in this case, is actually a surprising amount of people! You just don't hear from them as much, because they're not posting once every thirty seconds to 'spread Hype.'

~~~

...oh, and in case you're saying, "Well, then just don't look at it! The Forum is a big place, and there are many other threads to look at."

I would like to remind people that for up to a week before the update comes out, the HypeTrain has caused the Forum to overload and stopped anyone from viewing or posting anything, in all parts of the Forum. Sure, these outages haven't been so bad, but it does annoy me that they are more-or-less entirely pointless, and could easily be avoided if people were even slightly more restrained. And I know for a fact that it's possible to breathe in and out a few times and control your excitement (or other emotions) before posting. This is a far better way to 'vent your excitement' than creating a Hype Train, both for yourself and for the KSP community.

Again, this is just my two cents. If you're wondering why I'm posting this here, it's because I'm hoping that people actually read it and maybe even approach this thread in a slightly different way.

Thanks for reading through this. I really will stop posting on this thread now. I promise.

-Upsilon

Very nice post, I understand your reasons for not wanting to spam the forums. +rep

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

I live and breathe the hype train.

I've replaced all names in my bible with hype train.

I spend my weekends photoshopping the hype train over the pope's face.

I once whispered hype train in a paper bag and mailed to the white house.

I've missed the birth of my son because I was to busy screaming about delta-v on the roof of one of the carriages.

I named my son Hype Train.

I live for the hype train and I'll die for the hype train, and will ride it until the world ends or until KSP is released, which ever comes first. Then I'll respectfully get off the train, play some KSP, and then drop everything in my life when the hype train comes back around for the next update.

I am excited for this next update. Hopefully SQUAD will take their time get all the bugs out, make sure everything is balanced, ect. I don't really think they need a .91, .99, whatever you want to call it pre-1.0 community release, as much as I'd like to see it. It will have been about 5 months by the time the update is released.

Edited by ImJake

For those of you disgusted by hype posts, here's a thought.

Don't click on and read and post in the clearly labeled hype threads.

Problem solved. No need to ruin everybody else's fun. Sheesh.

For those of you disgusted by hype posts, here's a thought.

Don't click on and read and post in the clearly labeled hype threads.

Problem solved. No need to ruin everybody else's fun. Sheesh.

+rep and /agree.

I'm not even kidding - I have a .txt file on my desktop with a list of the 1.0 features I'm most excited about. Yeah, I re-read it every once in a while to keep the coals hot.

HypeCoal is combusted in the firebox, which heats water into HypeSteam which builds HypePressure which powers the pistons that drive the wheels. And the Valve Gear isn't anything special, just part of the structural components really. Anyway, the Valve Gear is a Gresley Conjugated Valve Gear, just like the other A3 class locomotives.

You're not the fireman. A good fireman would know this. I'm sorry.

/random fireman here who agrees

//wait a minute...this train doesn't look safe

///carry on everyone (opens window to jump out)

////quad slashie

Those landing gear are absolutely stunning. And thanks to the .90 tooltip options we could even fully hide the landing gear in the fuse. Wow this look nice. Let's just hope they add some better suspension so that we don't have to have the gear exactly 90 degrees to the ground and perfectly inline with the craft. Cause that got annoying. Very. Annoying.

I suspect 1.0 will run better than .90, which is reason enough to get hyped on its own.

Same here, in fact I think this is the first time I actually expect a KSP update to improve performance. So far every single time we where promised optimizations the update ran worse.

Shoot, im in RSS! Cannot board, unfortunately. Wait. "Aerodynamics, Valentina, Reentry Heat. All of these cannot be beat. Resources and terrier, the more the merrier. Fairings and the barn, ISP and resources, landing gear and wings, so many new things! Beta, I summon thee!"

*BANG*

Hey, came here from RSS, which will be broken soon. Now trying to catch the hypetrain.