Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

I'm concerned about my save file. Will I lose all of my vessels that are both in Eve and Duna's surfaces and in an orbital insertion route into Duna? I'm quite proud of my base... :(

It's a Sandbox save, by the way. I don't set up bases on career.

Make a .90 copy of your game so you don't update over top of it. That way if it does break it you can choose to finish your save game in .90

Make a .90 copy of your game so you don't update over top of it. That way if it does break it you can choose to finish your save game in .90

This^.

I think we have to assume 100% save file and craft file breakage in 1.0.

Happy landings, anyway.

I'm thinking the 'countdown' is metaphorical.

Maybe, but the hype train can run even on metaphorical hype, so I hear.

Happy landings!

- - - Updated - - -

How can you have a metaphorical countdown?

Announce the start of the Countdown...

And then don't count down.

Happy landings!

Announce the start of the Countdown...

And then don't count down.

Happy landings!

Countdown:

1. An act of counting numerals backwards to zero, especially in the last seconds before the launching of a rocket or a missile.
  2. The final moments before an important event and the procedures carried out during that time.

Metaphor:

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
  2. A thing regarded as representative of pr symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.

I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Countdown:

1. An act of counting numerals backwards to zero, especially in the last seconds before the launching of a rocket or a missile.
  2. The final moments before an important event and the procedures carried out during that time.

Metaphor:

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
  2. A thing regarded as representative of pr symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.

I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I suppose 2 and 2 are what I was putting together.

At least 1.0 will fix most of the memory leak problems because right now I've been having lots of problems and OOM crashes while trying to dock a ship or after I've undocked. I know KSP has memory leaks in it, so it's a bit hard to see whether it's KSP itself or a mod that's doing it when my only tool is looking at Taskmanager.

Edit: Is there actually a memory leak while sitting at the main menu??? Because the memory usage is rising slowly while I'm there.

I will bet you all that it would be released on my birthday. I swear it would be the best birthday present I would ever get.:D

And what date is that?

I half expect May 5th due to it being a Mexican holiday and the anniversary of Alan sheppards first flight, and a Tuesday. Or perhaps May 4th, so its out for everyone on tge 5th and squad get the day off ... May the fourth be with you ... ( sorry couldn't resist that old gag).

My Easter holidays are gonna finish on Sunday! I will be back at school on Monday and then i got exams! I hope it either is released very soon or in a few months after my exam. The pain knowing that 1.0 is just there while i am stuck revising will be too much for me.

I really hope it comes out either on/before tuesday or next saturday (non of your business why), however,

The demo is coming along nicely but not quite there yet. I hope to be done with it by the end of the week so it can be properly tested.

I don't know how long it takes to test the demo, but that is the only thing from devnotes that went into the future.

Honestly I hope they take another week just to make sure that they get all of the memory leaks :P

And no I'm not trying to be cruel to you guys, just frustrated over trying to figure out this memory leak problem I've been having and what mod it seems to be coming from. and the fact that KSP also memory leaks doesn't help in looking for it.

The trailer for 1.0 should not represent the new features, but rather the entire game from 0.7-1.0 may I suggest the 1812 overture for the soundtrack?

Lol YES, with spetacular failures every cannon salute.

A countdown!?

WE HAVE REACHED 1.21 GIGAHYPES.

MAKE THAT JIGGAHYPES!

O.O