Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

You know, I've been wondering and I'm not sure if it's been answered before, in the new aero, did they fix the problems that you encounter when you have parts clipping into each other as far as aerodynamics go? FAR doesn't like it when parts are clipped into each other (or something), so I'm wondering if they've fixed that type of problem with the new stock aero.

We're very close. Passing by the Probodobodyne station on the way. We're stopping for a few minutes just to load some freight cars of the old Hydrazine+N204 Toroidal Tanks while stocks last. Hopefully the KSC officials won't insist we load them with xenon gas.

If we are very lucky, we'll see a load of silver-colored toroidal tanks full of xenon, and also our familiar golden fuel tanks in the goods siding.

Anybody know the answer to my post a little bit above?

Harv did talk about the fairing aero model working out some potential problems here. But that was mostly about possible exploits and nested cargo bays.

Now, I wouldn't think that any aerodynamics model is going to like clipped parts, since we want it as intuitive as possible, and intuitively or realistically you can't have matter inside matter. It really all depends on how Harv chooses to simulate airflow. (That is, if we're just dealing with maths or if the code is taking, essentially, a snapshot of the craft and deciding how the air would flow around it. I'm betting maths.)

Edited by jlo96

Let's have a moment of silence for the stock aero before continuing with the Hype.

Stock aero, you were a terrible placeholder... but you had a place in our hearts.

Farewell, and Rest in Peace. 2011-2015.

liek if you cri everytiem

The chord isn't complete. Complete the chord.

The chord being incomplete was a deliberate choice, as it did a better job of showing my tormented anguish at the loss of our current, stupid aerodynamics system.

(Also, the audio was sampled from the Blue Danube, and right after these three clashing chords, it goes back into the happy melody. Which I didn't want to add in. :))

This may seem unrelated but anything space related Hypes me up for 1.0:

Dang they were close.

How very Kerbal-like! I'm pretty sure I've "landed" exactly like this on most of the major and half of the minor bodies in KSP. =)