Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Are you sure they're boosters? They look like a reskinned round monoprop tank to me.

They're probably the new radial Xenon tanks. I mean, who uses those for monoprop anyway?

*ducks*

- - - Updated - - -

WAT .... that thing looks the exact same thing they said we shouldn't be able to do under the new atmo :/ Oh, and it is Valentina on the chair. Yup, as crazy as Jeb :D

Later he said she died right after the pic was taken, due to the new aero.

I don't think they will release it in 10 days but maybe a release date. There's not enough hype yet outside the KSP community and 10 days is too short to get people's attention unless they don't aim for a big 1.0 release with fireworks and everything.

I don't think they will release it in 10 days but maybe a release date. There's not enough hype yet outside the KSP community and 10 days is too short to get people's attention unless they don't aim for a big 1.0 release with fireworks and everything.

So let me get this straight, you think they are going to do a countdown to a release date in the future? They said it would be a longer experimentals and by the 27th it will be more than 2 weeks (they also said the experimentals were going swimmingly).

What is the benefit of a countdown to announce a release date? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to say the release date now an get the hype rolling?

I bet all next week is gonna be buildup to the 27th.

I wish I had a good picture of the HypeTrain 07A in superflight on her way to 1.0!

How about a little contest?

If someone can create a picture of a green-colored Gresley A1/A3 locomotive from the LNER (Such as the Flying Scotsman) with markings on the side consistent with the one in the OP of this thread, but make it look like it is going fast, that will be the official HypeTrain picture!

I'm happy about this. No more command chair Eve ascent cheesiness.

I don't think so. I mean, if you keep it at terminal velocity you shouldn't die (People fall at terminal velocity all the time and - providing their chutes open - they generally come out of it okay). Also, Eve ascent will hopefully be a bit easier from a dV perspective so chair shenanigans should be far less attractive compared to something aerodynamic.

If someone can create a picture of a green-colored Gresley A1/A3 locomotive from the LNER (Such as the Flying Scotsman) with markings on the side consistent with the one in the OP of this thread, but make it look like it is going fast, that will be the official HypeTrain picture!

Howsabout this?

hype.jpg

So let me get this straight, you think they are going to do a countdown to a release date in the future? They said it would be a longer experimentals and by the 27th it will be more than 2 weeks (they also said the experimentals were going swimmingly).

Well, "going swimmingly" usually means "we are totally and completely unaware of a showstopper bug that's about to bite us in the rear". :P

(Granted with previous release history, "showstopper bug" translates into "emergency patches after the fact", but that's standard business practices these days anyhow and would put them in the middle or even leading edge of the grade curve thanks to EA and friends)

Well, "going swimmingly" usually means "we are totally and completely unaware of a showstopper bug that's about to bite us in the rear". :P

(Granted with previous release history, "showstopper bug" translates into "emergency patches after the fact", but that's standard business practices these days anyhow and would put them in the middle or even leading edge of the grade curve thanks to EA and friends)

Actually, a showstopper bug coming out of nowhere could happen to anybody even if you thoroughly test something. It's all about how you deal with it and how obvious the bug is.

You at LEAST get half the credit for that one. More like 90% IMO. Very well done there.

No, no. I didn't edit this image. I asked a friend of mine to add explosions (and he added clouds and rain by himself). Considering he is not a member of this forum or even know what KSP is, all the credits should go for you. =D

I'm only the middleman here.

Actually, a showstopper bug coming out of nowhere could happen to anybody even if you thoroughly test something. It's all about how you deal with it and how obvious the bug is.

Yes, but when you say something is "going swimmingly", it RELIABLY appears. Murphy's law. Don't tempt fate and all that jazz. Y'know, like saying "how could this possibly get any worse?". Etc.

>.<

More explosions!

All credits for this image goes to 5thHorseman.

http://i.imgur.com/rclVdlz.jpg?1

I like how it has a bit of an "HDR bomb" effect going on.