Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

HYPE!!!

What are you going to do first in 1.0?

I'm going to make a vessel with all of the new parts, then mine the launch pad, decouple some fairings, and then launch val on my vostok.

Then I'll make a mk3 plane which is self sufficient, and release my vostok 6!

I'm going to mine EVERYTHING I SEE,even the other Kerbals! MWAHAHAHAHAHA-just kidding.....I'm going to start a new Career mode and (try) to make an efficient space program with the new Tech Tree :D

I guess I'm actually getting hyped about this update.

I just found a Class B Asteroid in space and sent up a very special redirect mission. This mission will land the asteroid softly (it was previously going to crash) on Kerbin's northern polar ice cap. Grappling the asteroid wasn't difficult...

TmwCYgc.jpg

...and now we have our own special Hype-eroid.

pfK7P4Z.jpg

Isn't it cute? Its previous name was ZCU-648 but I should probably rename it now... any ideas?

Does the hyperoid store hype fuel and act as a gas station for the Hype train?

- - - Updated - - -

There's a "secret" countdown to "something" but the secret is that we're in day 8 and the something is the release of the game.

Offer void if I'm wrong about either of those things.

Actually, that countdown is counting down to the countdown of the announcement of the countdown for the release countdown.

How does everybody like the heatshields? IMO the tiled design is cool, but the colors aren't very kerbal.

I just don't like the concept of heatshields themselves. Nah, I prefer screaming at Eve's atmosphere with a periapsis at 5km and enduring wayy more than 15 gees in a craft engulfed by flames with no protection at all. :D

Really, though, that will limit our aerobraking capacities. We'd need three heatshields if we wanted to head for a Laythe mission(well, assuming if you aerobrake at Jool first). Gets even worse when you're hauling a space station. I think the announcement of heat shields detracted a fair bit of my Hype-O-Meterâ„¢, and now I'm not looking as foward to 1.0 as I was previously... I need to find a way to replenish it.

I just don't like the concept of heatshields themselves. Nah, I prefer screaming at Eve's atmosphere with a periapsis at 5km and enduring wayy more than 15 gees in a craft engulfed by flames with no protection at all. :D

Really, though, that will limit our aerobraking capacities. We'd need three heatshields if we wanted to head for a Laythe mission(well, assuming if you aerobrake at Jool first). Gets even worse when you're hauling a space station. I think the announcement of heat shields detracted a fair bit of my Hype-O-Meterâ„¢, and now I'm not looking as foward to 1.0 as I was previously... I need to find a way to replenish it.

The reentry damage is tweakable. You'll be able to meteor towards Kerbin if you want.

How does everybody like the heatshields? IMO the tiled design is cool, but the colors aren't very kerbal.

I would have preferred black to the brown. To be honest, RoverDude's design and modding and programming and creation ability is truly amazing, but his models are a bit lacking compared to NovaSilisko, Claira Lyrae, or especially Porkjet's models.