Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Well, just because you haven't seen it yet, even in multiple videos, doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. And did any dev, YouTuber, etc. actually say out loud "fairings will only come apart in a confetti-like fashion?"

Those words were not used, no. But I was watching very closely and saw every option tried. All you can do is draw them. There's even an "edit fairing" button, and all it does is allow you to redraw them. I suppose you can hold onto the shred of hope that there's an undocumented option to hit ctrl-alt-leftshift-c or something to enable "clamshell mode" but I'm pushing my chips into "not gonna happen."

Uh, he's streaming right now.....

Yes, he is. I left. (Paraphrased from) his own words: I have nothing prepared and haven't looked at it in for over a week because I've been moving.

The first 15 minutes were him admiring Dres, the graphics, and basically poking around at new and shiny. I personally feel I've wasted every minute I've been on twitch today. I expected presentations, not unboxing ceremonies. Probably my own fault for having said expectations. I avoid most livestreams for a reason.

Yes, he is. I left. (Paraphrased from) his own words: I have nothing prepared and haven't looked at it in for over a week because I've been moving.

The first 15 minutes were him admiring Dres, the graphics, and basically poking around at new and shiny. I personally feel I've wasted every minute I've been on twitch today. I expected presentations, not unboxing ceremonies. Probably my own fault for having said expectations. I avoid most livestreams for a reason.

I pretty much agree, though EnterElysium is acutally doing things. He's not on ksptv, just http://twitch.tv/enterelysium

It took him a surprising amount of time to realize why darts have the flights in the back and not the front, but now he's almost to Minmus.

I got far more out of the two decent videos that went up to YouTube today.

Just a thing GusTurbo, have you not seen this yet?

Unless someone else has said otherwise, it seems we don't have to have confetti fairings.

Based on all the info now available and what's been shown in the streams, I believe clamshell fairings will not be available until a later version.

I think it's telling that he said "we" and nor "you." It seems to me he meant the devs when he said "we."

Those words were not used, no. But I was watching very closely and saw every option tried. All you can do is draw them. There's even an "edit fairing" button, and all it does is allow you to redraw them. I suppose you can hold onto the shred of hope that there's an undocumented option to hit ctrl-alt-leftshift-c or something to enable "clamshell mode" but I'm pushing my chips into "not gonna happen."
Based on all the info now available and what's been shown in the streams, I believe clamshell fairings will not be available until a later version.

I think it's telling that he said "we" and nor "you." It seems to me he meant the devs when he said "we."

Ok, fair enough. I was just hoping to keep things on the optimistic side of things. At the very least, someone will probably make make a mod featuring more fairing options.

Ok, fair enough. I was just hoping to keep things on the optimistic side of things. At the very least, someone will probably make make a mod featuring more fairing options.

'Make a mod' mmh - the devs said themselves that we could edit the .cfg to edit the fairings behavior -

Though, being either mod of .cfg, that poses a true problem : players who would want to load your .crafts will also need those .cfg or mods.

I've played with several mods, but i only released stock .crafts for this specific reason - so anyone can easily tests my .crafts without needing to install specific mods.

This is why the more options we have access to directly accessible stock (including more control on how the fairings separate)without having to mod the game is a good thing :) -

as a fact, Even if we had a mod or a .cfg which could 'save' altered behavior directly within the .craft, so stock install could still open it, (like editor extensions allowed to have more than 8x symmetry - but was still openable by stock installs) i would not use such a thing - because while other people could open it, they would not be able to try to replicate the techniques i used in the .crafts.

Edited by sgt_flyer