Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

You are quite welcome. The more impressive fact is that for a little under a thousand dollars you can build one of these in your own house. It's a micro-controller, a magnetron, and a resonance chamber. The rest is copious quantities of solder and hot glue along with a generous heaping of duct tape.

Interesting, though I''m not 100% sure where I'd source LN2 or LHe from.

I'm so excited that I can't sleep. This feels a bit like the way Christmas did when I was little.

My first mission? Gemini. Gonna put a Kerbal in orbit.

Also, I'm sitting here with the Dovahkiin song running through my head (the theme for Skyrim), except every word is replaced by "hype" or "Jeb".

Hyyyyyyy-yyyyyyy-yyyyyyy-YYYPE! Hype-hype-hype, Jeb-Jeb-Jeb, Hype-hype-hype-hype-jebjebjeb...

(I'm too tired for real creativity. Sue me.)

Interesting, though I''m not 100% sure where I'd source LN2 or LHe from.

Welding supply store!

We have a place in town (a very small town mind you) that supplies LN, LOX, and more. Anyway, all you really need is the cooling, you could probably make do with a bunch of piezoelectric coolers if you had really good airflow/radiators.

Thaaank you! Oh, and the servers are still migrating, so I think it's safe to assume that we'll see KSP 1.0 later today.

Excellent news !

Server migrations usually took between 30 minutes and 12 hours,

so we should be good for today.

:D

Welding supply store!

We have a place in town (a very small town mind you) that supplies LN, LOX, and more. Anyway, all you really need is the cooling, you could probably make do with a bunch of piezoelectric coolers if you had really good airflow/radiators.

Duly noted, good sir!.

Duly noted, good sir!.

You can also salvage the magnetron from an abandoned microwave. Please be careful if you try this stunt! It will cook your brain just as well as it cooks your bacon. The only hard to find pieces are the waveguides, resonance chamber (probably need this custom made) and the software to control the magnetron output, which you will probably have to write.

For topicality reasons:

1.0 is taking so long to arrive on this Monday morn, it must be powered by a non-relativistic Em Drive operating on > 1 kW of power AND/OR KSP 1.0 has a large mass.

You can also salvage the magnetron from an abandoned microwave. Please be careful if you try this stunt! It will cook your brain just as well as it cooks your bacon. The only hard to find pieces are the waveguides, resonance chamber (probably need this custom made) and the software to control the magnetron output, which you will probably have to write.

For topicality reasons:

1.0 is taking so long to arrive on this Monday morn, it must be powered by a non-relativistic Em Drive operating on > 1 kW of power AND/OR KSP 1.0 has a large mass.

I really would advise against taking this, or any other insane advice given by people who are high on hypijuana. Please use common sense when reading these forums, and check with someone else to make certain your common sense software is of the latest version.

I really would advise against taking this, or any other insane advice given by people who are high on hypijuana. Please use common sense when reading these forums, and check with someone else to make certain your common sense software is of the latest version.

I googled Hypijuana. The only result was your post :)

More of a thought experiment than anything, but thank you.

"Scotty, can you give me anymore hype?"

*Scottish brogue* "I'm given 'er all she's got cap'n"

"That's not good enough Scotty"

"Ok, cap'n, I'll try, but this isn't good for the engines, we could overload the reactor and be blow to smithereens"

"That's ok Scotty KSP 1.0 will be released in less than 19 hours and 30 minutes!"

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/33ys4s/we_are_the_team_behind_kerbal_space_program/cqpmv4n

This is the only part of the AMA that I care about. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo! I'm on the Hype Train! :Dhttp://i.imgur.com/nQrFjOD.gif

Wow! It would be awesome if you could make a replica of our HypeTrain, which is actually a Gresley A3 pacific (similar to The Flying Scotsman)

rclVdlz.jpg

You're awesome at this, it seems.

We're back up to Plaid Factor 6 again!