Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

I'll admit, I have not read every one of the 25 pages...but I'd like to bring up the fact that resources haven't really been talked about much. I know SQUAD has mentioned that they'd be in 1.0 and maybe they were just quick and simple to add in, so it didn't rate much discussion on the weekly dev announcements...but are they still in? Are we going to get a discussion from SQUAD at some point about what kind, what modules and how they work?

I hope they are still in 1.0. Also how reentry heat is going to work. SQUAD has been very good in the past with dev blogs on how various new features work before just releasing them in the wild. Just getting a little nervous that it'll all be "go figure it out" since 1.0 is apparently not in experimentals, which often means anything from 1-4 weeks before the new release gets released. I'd rather them be spending time squashing bugs and developing new features...but if they can spare an hour to tell us how some of the new features are going to work, that would be awesome too.

(I may be most excited about the new aero and fairing stuff though).

I'll admit, I have not read every one of the 25 pages...but I'd like to bring up the fact that resources haven't really been talked about much. I know SQUAD has mentioned that they'd be in 1.0 and maybe they were just quick and simple to add in, so it didn't rate much discussion on the weekly dev announcements...but are they still in? Are we going to get a discussion from SQUAD at some point about what kind, what modules and how they work?

They are still in. RoverDude is doing most of the development work for them as I understand it, I would expect the stock resource system to be similar to Karbonite in many respects.

hey, Just re-read the OP, are the scan lines to show Ore still a thing? I thought that Squad opted out of that, and went with dots instead? or do i remember that backwards?

hey, Just re-read the OP, are the scan lines to show Ore still a thing? I thought that Squad opted out of that, and went with dots instead? or do i remember that backwards?

I remember seeing that too but can't seem to find the pic. Not sure which is the more recent iteration.

IIRC, the first SQUADcast that they showed resource scanning, the scans were all solid (big blobs of pink/red IIRC), the second one was almost dot-matrix like and the third was scan lines. Maybe a quick look back at SQUADcast recaps may have the answer?

Edit:

Did the research for you r4pt0r:

Squadcast Summary (2015-02-21) - All The Pictures Edition!

Squadcast Summary (2015-02-28) - Insert-Witty-Edition-Title-Here Edition

In this case, the images for the dots came before the images for the scan lines, so I'd assume the dots were scrapped for the scan lines.

Edited by Ignath
more info 4 r4pt0r

I hope they are still in 1.0. Also how reentry heat is going to work. SQUAD has been very good in the past with dev blogs on how various new features work before just releasing them in the wild. Just getting a little nervous that it'll all be "go figure it out" since 1.0 is apparently not in experimentals, which often means anything from 1-4 weeks before the new release gets released. I'd rather them be spending time squashing bugs and developing new features...but if they can spare an hour to tell us how some of the new features are going to work, that would be awesome too.

(I may be most excited about the new aero and fairing stuff though).

That should all be in, as Red Iron Crown pointed out. I think there was some confusion around this whole topic. It sounded like 99% of the features they announced (excluding maybe the Delta V or engineer report?) were going to be in. When they were talking about adding more features instead of doing more bug fixing I think it had to do with more features beyond what was already announced for 1.0 (i.e. more planets/moons/whatever).

I can't wait for resources! Where will you mine first?

Minmus, low G means cheap fuel to orbit, high orbit means cheap fuel to Kerbol orbit.

After that I'm doing Ike and Pol for the same reasons but to support Dunian and Joolian colonies.

I'll probably mine Duna and Laythe for the DV to make orbit.

I think given the new version number we should have a Hype Monorail.

If we could properly convert mid-travel that'd be great, in the meantime I've coupled a tracksewing vehicle to the back of the train so it can convert the track behind it to monorail, so any additional coaches can be monorail coaches.

"I am the liaison from the mountainhomes, I am here to discuss the SteamDB situation."

"About an hour ago PC scratchpad was updated."

"About 30 minutes ago Linux scratchpad was updated."

"Our fortunes rise and fall together."

refresh me on the release process again. experimentals is after all the main work(new features, bugfixes, ect...) making sure that all the changes when put together dont cause any new bugs right? and QA comes just before that, and that is making sure the new features and such all work as intended?