Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Sometimes you've got to bayonet the wounded if you're going to make progress marching forward.

64bit Windows KSP. May flights of boosters fling thee to thy rest.

Moment of silence please.

OKAY! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, FULL SPEED AHEAD! Experimentals are out, things are getting done, we are progressing towards zero hour!

I don't see why everyone's reacting so poorly to this. x64 was buggy as hell, very few mods supported it due to instability, from what I gather Squad had said they'd be pulling 64bit support in 1.0. It's not like they ever guaranteed 64bit.

I don't see why everyone's reacting so poorly to this. x64 was buggy as hell, very few mods supported it due to instability, from what I gather Squad had said they'd be pulling 64bit support in 1.0. It's not like they ever guaranteed 64bit.

It's not so much the deleting the 64 bit that people are reacting poorly to, it's the sudden without-warningness of it.

It's not so much the deleting the 64 bit that people are reacting poorly to, it's the sudden without-warningness of it.

Pretty much this. I don't even like 64 bit (only started using it 2 days ago to try it out) its the fact there was no notice, just went and took it right off my machine.

I can see the issue here. Content was removed without warning. That's not cool. Broken or not.

Well... i understand why they did it. As the workpower in your team is limited you cannot spend a big fraction of it on keeping 64bit alive especially when you are working on a very very very big update as 1.0.

There were signs of the fate that 64bit was slipping towars, allthough unofficial (modmakers and players stepping away from it).

Well... i understand why they did it. As the workpower in your team is limited you cannot spend a big fraction of it on keeping 64bit alive especially when you are working on a very very very big update as 1.0.

There were signs of the fate that 64bit was slipping towars, allthough unofficial (modmakers and players stepping away from it).

It was official almost a month ago, there was a tweet and a post in the announcements board. Unity wasn't stable on windows x64 so they quit dev until Unity fixed their code. They do want a 64bit windows release and realize that they need it if for nothing other than the RAM limits of x86. I think KSP 1.2, maybe 1.3 will support 64bit again.

It's not actually going to be the full release is it? I was under the impression that it is going to be Beta 1.0 ,because the dev team thought that the last update was not really grand enough to justify calling it 1.0, hence the 0.9 thing (something along those lines anyway...).

It's not actually going to be the full release is it? I was under the impression that it is going to be Beta 1.0 ,because the dev team thought that the last update was not really grand enough to justify calling it 1.0, hence the 0.9 thing (something along those lines anyway...).

Nope, this next update is the real deal. 0.90 was the first and last Beta update.

To comply with the Hype content directive ---> I'm only slightly hyped at the moment. but still looking very much forward to the new aero and resource content. Most of all looking past the 1.o toward what interesting mods will be newly developed.

Now, as a side bar note: For those concerned with the loss of 64 bit...

Terms of service (snipped)

"Squad reserves the right to add, remove and modify content on any of its software at their own discretion, without prior notice."

"Squad is under no obligation to maintain any level of communication with the player community, choosing to do so at their own discretion."

So... they every right to do it (if they indeed did it) however it really was poor form, very poor form chaps.

Would an update to the Unity 5 engine allow the game to grow visually?

if so do people reckon squad will allow the game to take advantage of decent hardware ?

KSP has so much potential, imagine how the game would look and feel with high res detailed textures and effects,

im sure a large portion of the users own a computer with more then 4 gigs of ram and a integrated gpu.

Would an update to the Unity 5 engine allow the game to grow visually?

if so do people reckon squad will allow the game to take advantage of decent hardware ?

KSP has so much potential, imagine how the game would look and feel with high res detailed textures and effects,

im sure a large portion of the users own a computer with more then 4 gigs of ram and a integrated gpu.

The thing I wonder is DX-12,they offer so much promises,like %50 performance increase etc. If squad ever uses dx12..