Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

It's not going to be a month. Weeks. Maybe a week. We're on target, blazing along and Hype-speed towards a 1.0 release.

THIS TRAIN DON'T STOP.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/space-train-15503064.jpg

Does this mean we're on an eletrically-powered HypeTrain instead of the boring old steam-powered one we used for .90 and previous versions? Yay!

W00T!

I love that feature list. The mining ore>extract resources sounds simple, and there's mods that do that, but damn, that will be awesome!!!!

I'm slightly afraid this will break most of my existing mod stuff. But that can all be fixed. I have hair left.

Im out of monies :(

*gets box of Hype coal*

will this do as payment for a train ticket?

Ponders ponderfully. I suppose so. Hey, is that a special edition Kerbal X Jr. Commemorative Pen? Could... could I have it?

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean we're on an eletrically-powered HypeTrain instead of the boring old steam-powered one we used for .90 and previous versions? Yay!

Get out. :mad:

:P

I decided to upgrade the railway tracks so the train is more like a hypecoal powered maglev that floats and can go in space.

Man this ride will be awesome,especially since i got the premium 420th class that requires you to pay a sims 2 complete collection.

I decided to upgrade the railway tracks so the train is more like a hypecoal powered maglev that floats and can go in space.

You can't do that. Maglevs are not steam trains and you can't just upgrade the tracks without permission!

HypeTrain already is in space. Metaspace, but nevertheless, it's space.

I'm pretty hyped about this release, really looking forward to the new aero and mining features, but pretty concerned about how it's going to run. Even now with just a handful of mods I hit the memory limit within an hour or so.

I'm pretty hyped about this release, really looking forward to the new aero and mining features, but pretty concerned about how it's going to run. Even now with just a handful of mods I hit the memory limit within an hour or so.

I'm also concerned about framerate. I mean, yeah, I have a potato for a computer, so lag's guranteed, but I'd enjoy some optimization regardless.

I'm also concerned about framerate. I mean, yeah, I have a potato for a computer, so lag's guranteed, but I'd enjoy some optimization regardless.

Most optimization is going to be more noticeable on more powerful computers.

I'm not going to be on this HypeTrain, I'm afraid.

I'm not very happy about this next release being called '1.0.' I personally am of the opinion that another beta version would have been extremely nice, and that 1.0 will be unpleasantly buggy. This will not only be negative for long-time KSP players, but it will also be downright painful for new players who are unaccustomed to the bugs and who want a better game. I kinda wanted this update to be a sort of 0.99 update that allowed the community to iron out bugs, but alas, it was not to be. So that takes a lot of the excitement (and adds a lot of worry) to the coming update. I really can't get hyped about 1.0.

So this HypeTrain isn't for me. Sorry, guys.

-Upsilon

I'm on board (not a train) with UA on this one...

how fast does the hype-train (registered trademark of Jeb and Hype Co.) go?

Mach 42 IIRC.

It can go to Mach 50 if the engine's overloaded, but it'll last about 10 minutes before it explodes, so do it 10 minutes before 1.0 release.