Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

So what's everyone's first 1.0 mission going to be?

Using the new aerodynamics system and BDArmory to make the Mk 3 of my super-heavy bomber. And then an aircraft carrier that is an aircraft.

- - - Updated - - -

The HYYYYYPEEEEE is real.

My first 1.0 mission will probably be a recreation of my first KSP mission. A mission to the Mun with the Mercury style capsule, Fl-400 fuel tanks, LVT-30's LVT-45's, decouplers, and winglets. Who needs an electrical system? Landing legs? Maneuver nodes? We're doing this old school. God I miss .13. First time I played KSP was the night before a Delta IV M+ (4,2) launch. I was down at the Cape with some friends. Who can believe that was a little over three years ago. Darn it squad you're making me nostalgic!

I was thinking something along those lines too, replicating something from all those years ago. Flying to Jool with a tiny probe, in my case. Ah, .18, my Astronomy class had some good days planning flights to the Mun that year.

2 hours ago, Maxmaps tweeted this:

Off to bed. Busy day tomorrow. #KerbalCountdown turning into #KerbalLaunch

So i would expect at least 12 hours till release. Maybe more.

Well, What really does that make as far as difference. 1.0 is comming. 1.0 is comming very soon. In the greater picture, what is twelve hours to two? It is almost here either way.

Slight hype.

It's already 9 in the morning for me, on a national holiday (so no work, more KSP). But it's still 2 hours after midnight in Mexico, so I won't be seeing it untill the day's almost over. . .

Thaaank you!

You are quite welcome. The more impressive fact is that for a little under a thousand dollars you can build one of these in your own house. It's a micro-controller, a magnetron, and a resonance chamber. The rest is copious quantities of solder and hot glue along with a generous heaping of duct tape.