don't know what to do

After landing on a planet i take my astronauts and rovers for a walk, plant flag, take surface sample and eva report, do some science and then that's it. Nothing else to do, it's over in 3 minutes, 5 at the most.

So considering I've been to almost every body in ksp, played career mode and caught some asteroids i feel like it's not gonna be fun anymore.

Do you guys have any advices on what else can i do?

And is there any mod that's gonna make it more fun like some new activities on planets or space, alien civilizations, etc..

I like real solar system and life support mods.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Once you've 'solved' KSP, IMO the thing to do is build up your kerbals' presence in the solar system to fit your imagination of what a proper spacefaring society should have. For me, it's like building a model railroad. I put big stations in various orbits, land bases, then create a fleet of ships designed to use those facilities. Now it's not just about getting somewhere, it's about getting there in style with a mature space transport system. For example: rather than launch a single multistage rocket for a Mun landing/return mission, I deliver crew to my LKO station in a small SSTO designed for the purpose, transfer them to the intermunar shuttle, bring that to the Munstation, "check out" a lander from the pool, go visit an arch or the memorial, back to the station, take the shuttle back to Kerbin orbit and catch the next outgoing SSTO to home. Anyway, that (and challenges) are what keeps it fun for me.

Or just build ... thing. Whatever you like. Don´t build it to fly it somewhere, build it to build it.

I like building space battleships, or just random things. (Have a look at my sig, if you want) It´s lots of fun and ... space is the limit.

Once you've 'solved' KSP, IMO the thing to do is build up your kerbals' presence in the solar system to fit your imagination of what a proper spacefaring society should have. For me, it's like building a model railroad. I put big stations in various orbits, land bases, then create a fleet of ships designed to use those facilities. Now it's not just about getting somewhere, it's about getting there in style with a mature space transport system. For example: rather than launch a single multistage rocket for a Mun landing/return mission, I deliver crew to my LKO station in a small SSTO designed for the purpose, transfer them to the intermunar shuttle, bring that to the Munstation, "check out" a lander from the pool, go visit an arch or the memorial, back to the station, take the shuttle back to Kerbin orbit and catch the next outgoing SSTO to home. Anyway, that (and challenges) are what keeps it fun for me.

Ha! I've been doing this without really realizing it... It just seems like the "right" way to do things.

Assuming your computer can handle it you could do a maximum realism install using things like [thread=52882]more realistic ISP[/thread], [thread=70008]more realistic jet engines[/thread], [thread=55145]a real scale solar system[/thread], [thread=61632]a more realistic career mode[/thread], [thread=54954]Deadly Reentry[/thread], [thread=83305]Remote Tech[/thread], [thread=86677]Stage Recovery[/thread], [thread=20451]Ferram Aerospace Research[/thread] or TAC-Life Support to name just a few. Especially using RSS I have often read that it is a really different experience.

i can attest to that. so much changes with realism overhaul that you have to start all over again. if you want to put something into orbit its not just a case of making sure you have enough delta v and a TW ratio above 1. you cant just go to the moon and back on day1, you have to actually design a rocket that works and honestly that is so much harder than it sounds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.